Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
CrimsonBear
Portland, Oregon

Great place to stay in downtown LA

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
This was the perfect place for quick business trip in LA. Super comfortable room and the styling is great modern chic.

The Maccheroni Republic around the corner had great Italian food.

I look forward to staying at any citizenM again in the future! It was a great place - at an amazing price.
Trip type: Travelled on business
    HK$935
17.3 km from citizenM Los Angeles Downtown
Room service
View more hotels in Los Angeles
All reviews citizen m grand central market affordable luxury pershing square metro station street view cozy room great hotel blackout curtains common areas rooms are small hip hotel cool vibe hotel experience business trip favorite hotel room key enjoyed my stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room has a cool automation system but do you want to stay in a room with two cameras on an iPad (that doesn't belong to you). One camera points at bed other to the shower.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Amanda Cruz, Owner at citizenM Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello -

Thank you for your review. I want to assure you the iPad in the room is simply to control the functions like Chromecast, changing the color of the lights etc. There is a regular remote and light switches in the room if you choose to not use the ipad. We take our guests security very seriously and never do anything to endanger that.

All the best.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There are so many things I liked about the hotel and a few that I didn't.

LOBBY: One of the best lobbies I've ever seen! The entire ground floor is the lobby/public space. With lots of areas with fun and colorful furniture where you can hang out, work, read a book, relax.

BREAKFAST: Was decent and well priced. I would encourage them to expand their vegetarian options beyond carbs. There was always one hot food option - potatoes, roasted veggies or similar - but would have been nice to have 1 more.

SERVICE: Excellent. Very friendly and helpful staff. I asked for another hair dryer as the one in my room barely worked and they sent a new one up right away. The guy who came to deliver it even came back with another option for me to try and select which one I liked best.

I left my laptop there on the last day and they shipped it back to me as soon as I sent them a shipping label.

ROOMS: Very very small. On the first night I had a friend staying with me and we had no place to sit or even keep our bags. The bed is surrounded by walls on 3 sides so you have to jump on and off. If you want to use the restroom at night, you would have to jump over the person sleeping next to you. It's ok for one person with a carry on bag and not much else.

CLEANLINESS: New and very clean

LOCATION: DTLA can be shady and the location isn't the best.

PARKING: None - no place to even unload and check-in. There are garages close by and we found one that was fairly cheap on 213 S Spring St.

Would I stay here again? Maybe. If I was traveling by myself with limited luggage. But the location would be a deterrent.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello -

Thank you so much for your review. Seem like you overall had a great stay and enjoyed yourself!

We appreciate the honest feedback and will definitely take it into account.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you visit again soon!

All the best

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The rooms are small but they do the job. The tech of the room was impressive being able to control the lights and blinds with an iPad in the room or your phone with the app. We were only in LA for one night so just needed somewhere to sleep and have breakfast but we loved this hotel and the bed was really comfy.

Breakfast was also great. We’d paid for the day of our checkout but as we got there early (and there was no quibble about early check in) we decided to pay for breakfast again. Price was really reasonable and the surroundings were also modern and relaxing.

Would definitely go back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

CitizenM was nice with very clean rooms and linens, but the rooms are quite small. The hotel property was also well kept. I am not sure about other CM hotels, but this particular hotel (downtown LA), there is no valet and the options to park are, well, not great and that is putting it nicely. Some street parking is available, but park at your own peril.

Reviewed 7 May 2024

The staff were extremely helpful, kind and friendly. The ADA rooms need a lot of improvements in order to be truly accessible to disabled guests.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello

Thank you for your honest feedback. We ensure that we are in compliance with all ADA requirements I assure you. We will definitely discuss this with our maintenance team to see what improvements can be made.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you visit again soon.

All the best,