“Great food in Venice Beach”
Review of Larry's

Larry's
Ranked #198 of 10,920 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Venice
Description: "'The essence of what a gastropub should be', this boardwalk-adjacent Venice Beach hang from the folks behind Waterloo & City is a 'great place to grab a drink, a bite and unwind' with lots of 'tasty', 'creative' small plates, burgers and heartier fare meeting up with an 'excellent selection of craft beers' on tap; with moderate prices and a 'comfortable' patio..."
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Trying to find a cafe where everyone can find something they like to eat is always tricky, so this was a good choice because of the variety. We had two adults and three teenagers. Service was prompt and friendly. Meals appeared quickly and the food was good. Burgers were apparently good as was the cheese pizza. I had the pasta with prawn - a bit tomatoey but nice. I thought the prices were reasonable - about $100 for all of us. Fries didn’t come with the burgers!

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Pleasant atmosphere. Music was a tad too loud in the dining area. Daughter and I have the Queso Fundido which was awesome! Came out bubbling hot in a small iron skillet. Margherita pizza was devine. You can tell the difference in flavor with premium ingredients. Burgers are huge and delicious. Green Curry Mussels are to die for. We had two meals here and were very pleased with our food. Mom was pleased with her cocktails. :D

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We went to Larry's during our holiday in Venice Beach and the first time we went is was so good so we decided to go back the next day. We ordered the same pizza for our daughter which came and was great and we ordered a couple of Larry burgers for my husband and myself. After waiting about 45 minutes we finally asked if our burgers were coming and the server blamed the kitchen. About 10 minutes later our burgers came out and were raw in the middle. I ate around the edges trying to get the cooked parts as I was starving. My hubby ate the whole thing and felt sick afterwards. Too bad. Our first time there was so good, the second time, a disappointment. :(

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I was here 3 times during my stay in Cali. Always perfect service, waitres super nice and the food - best in Venice. I ate here from tacos until burgers and pizzas. Everything is impeccable and very tasty!! I really do recommend Larry’s

Reviewed 14 March 2018

We are just back from visiting Family in Cali and went here on a Sunday. My brother had highly recommended this place as he was there many times before with friends. The place was busy but we got a seated straight away (on two tables but didn't mind). It took ages for the server to take our order, we were kept waiting a good while before our food came out, but as we were on holidays I didn't mind. Food was good but nothing amazing.
When we asked for the bill we got it with the tip already included, this I was surprised at because for the previous seven days we had eaten out nearly twice every day and this was a first. It was then brought to my attention that the reason they added the tip was because of our Nationality and as I had ordered for everyone they didn't notice that our family at the next table were American and their tip was not included. Thought this was very bad on the servers/companies behalf.