Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rosi
Seattle, Washington

Old Hollywood charm in DTLA

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
A great hotel in DTLA with quite a bit of character to it. I was here just briefly for a business visit but quite enjoyed my stay. The faucets are "old school", so beware when adjusting water temperature. Otherwise, quite a nice option, especially if you need to be centrally located, with easy access to conference venues and what not.
Trip type: Travelled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 2 weeks ago
Dear Martenica,

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and appreciated the character of our hotel. We’re glad our central location was convenient for your business visit.

We appreciate your note about the "old school" faucets and will keep it in mind for future improvements. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to DTLA.

• ZenHotels.com
    HK$935
16.6 km from Hotel Per La, Autograph Collection
Room service
View more hotels in Los Angeles
All reviews rooftop pool bank vault nomad hotel beautiful hotel bottega louie private event beautiful room street noise business trip valet parking dtla downtown doorman bathtub staycation fixtures blinds
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I met a friend for the Netflix is a Joke festival. We were originally going to stay in the LA Live area (JW or Residence Inn), and are so glad we didn’t. This little gem has way more personality, better value, and a great location which is still within walking distance to Crypto (if that’s your interest), as well as the Grand Market and many of LA’s historic theatres.

Shout outs:
-Victor at the Rooftop Bar
-Ryan in F&B
-Skylar at the Front Office

Our rooms were lovely (thank you to Skylar for figuring out the very best room allocation for us) and very comfortable. I see one reviewer compared this hotel to a “roadside motel” which, while I appreciate the disappointment when one doesn’t get what they’ve requested, is simply not a fair or accurate comparison. It took me a day to discover, but both of my (albeit small) bedside tables had a flip panel which revealed charging options for my phone etc. Robes were available and I am guessing I could have also requested slippers.

I flew in having worked the night before and had to immediately go back to work following my quick trip, so I really could have used a movie and room service day. This is where I feel there’s room for improvement. The TV system was glitchy and limited without the option of streaming, and the room service menu very limited which meant venturing out again on my last night.

Overall, I recommend this hotel, I would stay here again, and I hope to stay again.

PS: thanks also to the Bell/door staff and the housekeeping staff.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Yuri Ramos, Owner at Hotel Per La, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear MalibuStace,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind words about our staff, especially Skylar. We're delighted to hear that you found your room comfortable and appreciated the thoughtful amenities like the charging options and robes.

We apologize for the inconvenience you faced with the TV system and room service menu. Your feedback is invaluable, and we will work on enhancing these aspects to provide a better experience for our guests.

We're thrilled to know you'd stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you also for acknowledging our bell/door staff and housekeeping team—they truly appreciate your recognition.

Best regards,
Yuri Ramos
Director of Front Office

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice design, comfortable beds, lovely rooftop. My only complaints would be that there are no robes in the rooms which feels like a big oversight for an Autograph level property, and it’s impossible to get anyone on the phone so I had to make several trips down to the front desk to get anything I needed. Fix these two problems and you’ve got a great hotel in downtown.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Skylar Gustavson, Innkeeper at Hotel Per La, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel's design, comfortable beds, and lovely rooftop.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the lack of robes in your room and the difficulty in reaching our staff by phone. We happily provide robes upon request. My Director and I will be working with our team to ensure we are promptly answering all calls.

Your constructive feedback is invaluable, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for an even better stay in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2024

Don’t stay here unless you have to. If you want to see its cool features (e.g. vault, pool, mirror hall), just come for lunch or dinner and look around. The restaurant is pretty good. To stay here is like staying at a clean version of a roadside motel.

Facilities: (1) The “old fashioned” faucet over the bathroom sink gives you either cold or scalding hot water. (2) The bedside tables are very small: hardly any space for your personal items. Only one side had working outlets. (3) There is no outlet near the only table in the room: your only choice is to unplug the lamp.

Courtyard: I booked the “Patio Salon” that features “a private patio with lush garden views…” (the feature photo of the hotel on this site). There is nothing private about the patio: it is courtyard you share with all the rooms around it that sits at the bottom of a well surrounded on all sides by 10 stories of concrete. In the morning scent of smoke and marijuana wafted into my room from smokers in that courtyard (security was quick to come once reported), and in the evening party noises echoed loudly until 1am, even on week nights.

Dining/Sustainability: (1) Restaurant and bar close at 10pm, and room service stops at 11pm, after which your only option is the minibar, which is pathetically stocked. There is really no convenience store that you’d want to walk to late at night nearby. (2) Plastic town: poolside dining offers only four pre-made cold items in plastic boxes. When you do get in-room dining, it is also delivered in plastic boxes. If this was a roadside motel, I would not expect more, but the price and advertising are not roadside motel.

Service: This was perhaps the worst of all. Days before my arrival, I specifically requested the removal of down comforters and pillows from my bed, and had emails confirming they agreed to do that. When I arrived at nearly midnight, I found down comforter and pillows on my bed. The poor night receptionist had to go to housekeeping to find extra sheets and foam pillow (and no one was at the reception desk when he did that because he was the only worker). He told me he could see the notation in the record of my request, and assured me someone from management would contact me to apologize the next day. No one did. When I wrote to the front desk, the front desk manager claimed she “attempted to call” me during the day. When I asked what time, she gave me a time when I was in fact I the room on a Zoom meeting, and know for a fact the phone did not ring. She could also have contacted me through email or even a written note. Not apologizing is one thing: telling tales is quite another.

Room tip: Do not choose the patio rooms: the patio is not at all private, and is actually noisy.
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Skylar Gustavson, Innkeeper at Hotel Per La, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2024

Dear Travelhui,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, despite our attempts to address them promptly while you were on site. It is always our aim to ensure that all guest requests and concerns are handled efficiently and effectively, and we regret that we did not meet your expectations in this regard.

Regarding the facilities and courtyard issues, we appreciate your feedback and are actively looking into improvements to enhance our guests’ comfort and privacy. We also acknowledge your comments on our dining options and sustainability practices and are exploring better alternatives that align with our commitment to quality and environmental responsibility.

We are particularly sorry to hear about the oversight regarding your bedding preferences and the subsequent miscommunication. Please rest assured that we are reviewing our internal procedures to prevent such incidents from recurring in the future.

Your insights are invaluable to us, and we are committed to using them to refine our service and facilities. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and provide a stay that truly meets your expectations.

Reviewed 21 April 2024

What a wonderful boutique hotel right in the middle of DTLA. Everyone was incredibly welcoming and kind. There were a lot of perks that were covered by the mandatory $35 destination fee including complimentary wine, sparkling wine at check-in as well as a complimentary dessert at their restaurant.

The room was well appointed, small, but had everything I needed. It was also very "instagram-worthy" in terms of decor.

The one con was that the restaurant wasn't open at lunch time (just grab and go on the rooftop) which was slightly disappointing.

Other than that, it was a great stay and I highly recommend it.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Skylar Gustavson, Innkeeper at Hotel Per La, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2024

Dear Sonalicious,

Thank you for taking the time our of your busy schedule to share the feedback you have. Our team works very hard to provide a warm, clean, and comfortable experience for our guests and I am so pleased to hear we were able to deliver this.

I have shared your feedback with the entire team as a way of celebrating the work that is being done. In regard to Bar Clara, I am pleased to share that as of Friday the 26th, Bar Clara will be reopening its kitchen and will be open everyday of the week from 12 pm - 8 pm.

I hope if your travel returns you to the Los Angeles area you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 March 2024

Hotel Per La is a great option in downtown LA. I was skeptical of the location as far as safety goes, but I walked a mile in one direction and around the immediate block, and felt perfectly fine (in fact, it was a great area!)

The building is incredible - the former headquarters for Bank of America! They kept the original structure and hardware in the restaurant, which is beautiful. The hotel combines it's history with unique, eccentric furniture in a way that blends together naturally.

Tall ceilings in the thoughtfully designed rooms. Recommend!

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Skylar Gustavson, Innkeeper at Hotel Per La, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2024

Dear 367mannied,

Thank you so much out of your busy schedule to share the feedback you have with us. I am so pleased to hear about the hospitality our time was able to deliver for you.

Our team and I work incredibly hard to deliver upon a clean, welcoming, and easy experience it is so amazing to hear we delivered upon these expectations.

Thank you for If your travel ever returns you to LA, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I would be more than happy to assist.