Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Adriana L
San Diego, California

Hidden gem

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Dec 2023via mobile
Nice convenient location. Rooms are very big and spacey. Food is great! Parking is very convenient. Love to stay at this place when in LA. The hotel itself feels comfortable and relaxing since it is not crowded at all. I’ve been here 3 years in a row for gathering and each time I have enjoyed our stay!
Date of stay: December 2023
Room Tip: Parking is convenient.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Responded 22 Dec 2023
Dear Voyage34774139476,

Thank you for choosing the Los Angeles Athletic Club for your recent visit to our city and for your patronage over the years. We love to hear that you rested well in our comfortable accommodations and that our location and amenities were perfect for your needs. Thank you once more, and we hope you will make us your home the next time you are in this area.

Najeeb Shamsid-Deen | Hotel Manager
    HK$934
16.6 km from Los Angeles Athletic Club
Room service
View more hotels in Los Angeles
All reviews downtown la fitness facilities athletic facility historic hotel checking in room rate floor sauna parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2023

One of the worst experiences at a hotel I've ever had. Travelling for work, I forgot to ring ahead to let them know I would be 24h late. They cancelled my reservation amda applied a fee which I suppose I can't complain too much about. I booked a new one under at the new (much higher) rate and they promised to waive the no show fee. When it came to it they were un responsive. I'm still awaiting a refund and am owed $2000 for my initial reservation . I've tried phoning, emailing. No luck.

Not to mention my experience at the hotel was extremely poor, I turned up at 5pm and was told my room wasn't ready, and again at 10pm to be told the same thing, I (and other customers) were made to wait for 2 hours to check in. The receptionist clocked off and went home and left us with a parking valet and a phone number for the manager (who didn't answer) at the desk with nowhere to stay. I eventually got into my room gone midnight. It was honestly bizarre.

The hotel itself is fine, nothing special but not really as advertised as the main selling point (the gym) was closed for refurb.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Alex M
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Los Angeles Athletic Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2023

Dear alexmR1851PE,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We truly regret not meeting your expectations. We apologize for the frustration you endured during the check-in process and that your room was not ready for you when you arrived. We appreciate your patience and will use your remarks to help us better our guest services. Furthermore, we are sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing in reaching out to us for a refund of the no-show fee that you were promised. Please know that you are a valued guest, and one of our managers will reach out to you at the earliest and resolve this for you. We are grateful for your understanding in the meantime.

Najeeb Shamsid-Deen | Task Force Hotel Manager

Reviewed 19 September 2023 via mobile

This is the worst place ever. Do not go there. I do not recommend them. They’re rude and horrible and they are also crooks and thieves so be very careful and do not go there.!!!!!
The staff as you walk in a very nice however the people at corporate are absolutely horrifying, so don’t go there. It’ll be the biggest mistake ever making your life. And I don’t say that lightly. I’m a very good reviewer and I regret ever walking into that place.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Los Angeles Athletic Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2023

Dear Lnihiser,

Thank you for your feedback and for being our valued guest. Please know we take accusations of this nature seriously, and we appreciate your patience as we look into your comments. We will be in touch with you directly regarding this.

Najeeb Shamsid-Deen,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2023 via mobile

Unique hotel for sport lovers - the hotel is in historic building which used to have lots of Olympic competitions in the hotel . Today in the hotel there’s sport club which open for free for the guests such as huge gym , Olympic pool , squash etc. I went to an excellent Pilates lesson with klodet. The rooms are nice , very stylish but a littele bit dark . The team hose’ and Kaira ( I hope I spell her name correctly) were nice and kaira gave us good recommendations for restaurants which are very close ( walking distance ) to the hotel. Nice soaps in the bath .

Room tip: Yes. When you order room for 3 be sure you order room with 2 queen beds instead of 2 double bed ( double bed was too small for my teenagers)
Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Los Angeles Athletic Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2023

Dear mickiss13,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent stay at Los Angeles Athletic Club. We are pleased to know you had a great time here and that you enjoyed our thoughtful amenities and facilities. We also appreciate you mentioning our ideal location, comfortable accommodations and devoted associates. We will surely share your compliments with Kaira for the job well done. It was a pleasure having you here, and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 8 August 2023

If you plan to stay downtown, do not stay here. I prepaid for a room here months in advance. I tried to check in and was told my room wasn't ready. I came back later in the evening and the front desk gave me a room that had a family sleeping in it. When I approached the front desk, they told me they had given my room away and I would have to stay somewhere else. They agreed to pay for a taxi and when that taxi arrived, I informed them the hotel would pay, the taxi looked at me puzzled and promptly drove off leaving my bags in the street. Frustrated, I drove myself to the other hotel, only to be told by them that the LA Athletic Club only decided to comp me 1-night even though I paid for 2. I was on the verge of tears stranded in downtown LA because of this hotel. They have deplorable service and at every turn, they made my experience worse and worse. I wasted my money, my time, and my sanity and I will never stay here again.

Room tip: Just don't waste your money staying here
Date of stay: August 2023
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Los Angeles Athletic Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2023

Dear Shani,

Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback. We are glad that we were able to confirm with you over the phone that both nights of your stay were taken care of at the other hotel. We are sorry for the mistake made by our front desk associates and for the predicament with your reservation. We truly regret being unable to accommodate you and for the inconvenience you had at the hotel where the arrangements were made.

Reviewed 26 July 2023

During my stay at the hotel (July 8th - July 9th) there was an administrative issue in their system with my booking.

Upon checking out this resulted in me not being able to receive an invoice. I was informed that I would receive this later via e-mail. Unfortunately, after reaching out multiple times myself I still haven't received the invoice - The hotel is not responding at all!

As this was part of a business trip I need an official invoice to declare my costs, which I am now unable to do. This alone has made the experience horrible and not something I would recommend to others.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Los Angeles Athletic Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2023

Dear Mr. Ramnath,

Thank you for taking the time to show us your concern. We truly apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing in receiving your invoice and for not being responsive to your follow-ups about the same. We assure you it will be sent to you at the earliest, and we are really very grateful for your patience in this matter.