Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lnihiser
Dunedin, Florida

Buyer beware, horrible, horrible place

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Sept 2023via mobile
This is the worst place ever. Do not go there. I do not recommend them. They’re rude and horrible and they are also crooks and thieves so be very careful and do not go there.!!!!!
The staff as you walk in a very nice however the people at corporate are absolutely horrifying, so don’t go there. It’ll be the biggest mistake ever making your life. And I don’t say that lightly. I’m a very good reviewer and I regret ever walking into that place.
Date of stay: September 2023
Responded 22 Sept 2023
Dear Lnihiser,

Thank you for your feedback and for being our valued guest. Please know we take accusations of this nature seriously, and we appreciate your patience as we look into your comments. We will be in touch with you directly regarding this.

Najeeb Shamsid-Deen,
    HK$2,398
13.8 km from Los Angeles Athletic Club
HK$1,565
Fully refundable
Earn rewards on eligible stays
  • Booking.com
Exterior
    HK$921
16.3 km from Los Angeles Athletic Club
View more hotels in Los Angeles
All reviews downtown la fitness facilities athletic facility historic hotel checking in room rate floor sauna parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2023 via mobile

Unique hotel for sport lovers - the hotel is in historic building which used to have lots of Olympic competitions in the hotel . Today in the hotel there’s sport club which open for free for the guests such as huge gym , Olympic pool , squash etc. I went to an excellent Pilates lesson with klodet. The rooms are nice , very stylish but a littele bit dark . The team hose’ and Kaira ( I hope I spell her name correctly) were nice and kaira gave us good recommendations for restaurants which are very close ( walking distance ) to the hotel. Nice soaps in the bath .

Room tip: Yes. When you order room for 3 be sure you order room with 2 queen beds instead of 2 double bed ( double bed was too small for my teenagers)
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Los Angeles Athletic Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2023

Dear mickiss13,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent stay at Los Angeles Athletic Club. We are pleased to know you had a great time here and that you enjoyed our thoughtful amenities and facilities. We also appreciate you mentioning our ideal location, comfortable accommodations and devoted associates. We will surely share your compliments with Kaira for the job well done. It was a pleasure having you here, and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 8 August 2023

If you plan to stay downtown, do not stay here. I prepaid for a room here months in advance. I tried to check in and was told my room wasn't ready. I came back later in the evening and the front desk gave me a room that had a family sleeping in it. When I approached the front desk, they told me they had given my room away and I would have to stay somewhere else. They agreed to pay for a taxi and when that taxi arrived, I informed them the hotel would pay, the taxi looked at me puzzled and promptly drove off leaving my bags in the street. Frustrated, I drove myself to the other hotel, only to be told by them that the LA Athletic Club only decided to comp me 1-night even though I paid for 2. I was on the verge of tears stranded in downtown LA because of this hotel. They have deplorable service and at every turn, they made my experience worse and worse. I wasted my money, my time, and my sanity and I will never stay here again.

Room tip: Just don't waste your money staying here
Date of stay: August 2023
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Los Angeles Athletic Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2023

Dear Shani,

Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback. We are glad that we were able to confirm with you over the phone that both nights of your stay were taken care of at the other hotel. We are sorry for the mistake made by our front desk associates and for the predicament with your reservation. We truly regret being unable to accommodate you and for the inconvenience you had at the hotel where the arrangements were made.

Reviewed 26 July 2023

During my stay at the hotel (July 8th - July 9th) there was an administrative issue in their system with my booking.

Upon checking out this resulted in me not being able to receive an invoice. I was informed that I would receive this later via e-mail. Unfortunately, after reaching out multiple times myself I still haven't received the invoice - The hotel is not responding at all!

As this was part of a business trip I need an official invoice to declare my costs, which I am now unable to do. This alone has made the experience horrible and not something I would recommend to others.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Los Angeles Athletic Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2023

Dear Mr. Ramnath,

Thank you for taking the time to show us your concern. We truly apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing in receiving your invoice and for not being responsive to your follow-ups about the same. We assure you it will be sent to you at the earliest, and we are really very grateful for your patience in this matter.

Reviewed 29 April 2023 via mobile

I had a great visit, a healthy spring reset using the pool and fitness facilities.
The historic hotel is clean and well maintained.
The rooms are small but very comfortable.
Responsive friendly staff.
I had a 27.00 a day credit for 30.00 parking and a 15.00 a day food credit.
The Athletic Club facilities are first rate and getting an upgrade.
I cannot recommend the hotel enough if you want a central spot in Los Angeles.
Public transportation is frequent and safe with security and guides everywhere.
A Jazz Salon on Thursday nights (7:30-9:30) is a bonus,
A-list players from the area focusing on the Great American Songbook was icing on the cake!

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Service Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Los Angeles Athletic Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2023

Dear Janet C,

Thank you for choosing the Los Angeles Athletic Club and for recommending us. We are thrilled you loved our onsite amenities, well-kept property, and friendly service. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit LA. Stay healthy!

Reviewed 12 February 2023

We stayed at LAAC for four nights in the Yacht Club Suite. It was a wonderfully decorated and felt like a mini-apartment. They have regular rooms available as well. The bathroom was small, but we were prepared for that. The bed and linens were extremely comfortable and divine to sleep in. The hotel is downtown and there was some street noise, but a white noise app on your phone works wonders. The staff was professional, courteous, helpful and wonderful!!! The hotel is well kept and clean, and has tons of athletic amenities (it is an athletic club) and we were able swim, and work out. The view from the roof deck of down town skyscrapers is not what you think of when you think LA, but was impressive. You receive a 15$ breakfast voucher and the dining room is decorated like a men's club with historic athletic memorabilia. The food and ambiance in the main dining room was fantastic. Museums, theaters, and spectacular restaurants are located a few blocks away. This is a city, and you need to be aware when you are out, but we had zero issues. Overall, if you have to be in downtown LA, this is a wonderful place to stay.

Room tip: If you can do it, reserve the Yacht Club or the Polo Club Suite.
Date of stay: February 2023
Guest Service Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Los Angeles Athletic Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2023

Dear bubbajones32,

Thank you for choosing the Los Angeles Athletic Club for your visit to our city and for sharing your review. We love to hear that you rested well in our comfortable accommodations and that our amenities were perfect for your needs. We are also thrilled our service and location made your trip a total success. Thank you for recommending us, and we hope you will make us your home the next time you are in this area.

Gretchen Crookes | Director | Hotel Operations