“Great Breakfast”

Polly's Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Los Alamitos
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 25 September 2017

My wife and took family to this place. They have been here before but it was a first for me. If I come back to this area I will be eating here again. Breakfast was great, served hot and plenty of it. My coffee cup was filled without any delay so service was top notch. I was full from breakfast but the bakery was one of the best I have seen in the area. Katella Bakery was the best and just down the street. This place has HUGH cinnamon rolls. You got to eat here if you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I met two old neighbors that I grew up with for a two hour lunch and nostalgic reunion. Since I frequently ate here with my mom, it was doubly nostalgic. Their sandwiches were delicious and my Dutch split pea soup and quiche were yummy. The quiche had a buttery, melt in your mouth unobtrusive crust and the veggies and bacon and cheese in the quiche balanced the eggs. We were too full to get pie except for one friend that took her daughter a "pie in a shake." People swear by their unique banberry pie, but I never met a pie I didn't like here.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Their Chicken Pot Pie puts Marie Calendar's pot pie to shame. We had a wonderful meal with chicken pot pie served with soup, potatoes or vegetables, creamed corn, choice of bread and cornbread. For an extra dollar we were served a great piece off pie that did not have mostly crust and a thick filling. Coffee or drink extra.

1  Thank Auntie02015
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Portions are large and food is tasty; but menu tends to be repetitious as they stick to their best sellers. Pies are made on the premises and are worth saving a spot for dessert.

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Friendly servers, good fill you up food and great desert

Weekly specials are very good, homemade meals like mom made

Parking sometimes difficult, pies on sale in October.