1,167 results
All reviews hole golf course beautiful canyon rocking chairs canyon room bedroom cottage pool bar great property turn down service can't wait to come back fire pit hot tub wonderful stay dana point harvest spa creekside patio
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We didn’t like Laguna Beach town as most galleries are located along the busy highway. Newport Beach was great. Glad we stayed at the Ranch as it is away from all the traffic and noise. Rooms were clean and very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sean L, Manager at The Ranch at Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Exploration814285,

Thank you for staying with us. Like you mentioned, the canyon location of the resort allows our guests to unplug from the normal hustle and bustle. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

As a family of 4 we chose to stay in a 2 bedroom suite for 3 nights, giving us some time and space to recover from a long flight in to LA. Overall a very positive experience, check in was a bit underwhelming at first but we got there. The suite was large and very comfortable, the grounds are beautiful and our boys loved the pool / hot tub. The food and service at Harvest restaurant was exceptional, however the more casual Ben’s Pantry was hit or miss with slow service and missed orders. I would assume they were under staffed. Would consider staying again especially if golfing was a priority - the course looked magnificent.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Travelbug2018511,

We are grateful that you chose to stay with us for 3 nights. It is great to hear that you got to enjoy some time relaxing in the canyon and that you had a very positive overall experience. Like you mentioned, The Cottage Two Bedroom Suite is very popular among our guests due to the spacious layout. It sounds like you made the most of your time at the resort by taking advantage of a variety of amenities and activities. We apologize for some of the service inconveniences that occurred as it does not reflect our standards. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are beautiful, but they provided only two bath towels! Perhaps if you enjoy golfing, this place is wonderful, but I would prefer staying closer to the ocean if I am paying this kind of price.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Freedom803079,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at the resort. Even though the property is not oceanfront, it offers the best of both worlds with being carved into the Aliso & Wood Canyons and within walking distance of Aliso Beach. The setting allows our guests to enjoy peaceful relaxation in paradise. I can be reached at sean@ranchlb.com if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

For the price, I expect more. I really wanted to love this place and was staying here as part of a large group. It just does not have the feel of a high end resort. Service was friendly, but out coffee maker was broken, we had a clogged sick drain, and limited parking close to our room as there were always delivery trucks blocking spots. On two occasions late at night when we arrived and early in the morning when we departed, there was no one at valet. First we parked out car ourselves, and when we checked out we were handed out keys and told to find our car. Again, this is just not the kind of experience I would expect for a place with this price and a resort fee. We live in Hawaii and are well accustomed to the hospitality industry. I killed three decent size bugs the moment we walked into our room, not a huge issue for me being from a tropical climate, but I could see this being a big issue for those not accustomed to creepy crawlies. We went to the bar as a large group one night around 10pm and the service was very poor. The team was rolling napkins at the large table and we asked if the bar was still open, apparently they wanted to close because we got a few eye rolls and my party all looked at each other a bit confused before someone finally went behind the bar to serve us. One gentleman was very kind and apologized, but everyone else really seemed like they did not want to serve us. I tried to spread some aloha and keep the mood light as we were there to celebrate my best friend, but it was really disappointing. Again, I really wanted to love this place, but the service and overall experience is just not worth the $300+ per night we paid. At this point, I would not recommend The Ranch to friends or family. I work in marketing. I get it, the beautifully tiled vanities in the rooms , large wood bedframes and outdoor fireplace area are all very Instagrammable, but it takes more than that to win over guests and make them repeat customers.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sean L, Manager at The Ranch at Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Alijune,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at the resort and we apologize for the inconveniences that occurred. It is always disappointing when the expectations of a guest were not met and exceeded. Can you please reach out to me at sean@ranchlb.com so we can discuss further?

Reviewed 15 September 2018

The rooms are renovated, attractive and functional. You get the benefit of a beach location without the crowds with excellent beach access. Food and drink are abundant and the service is just fine. Outdoor live entertainment was an added pleasure. We can't wait to return with the grandchildren.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

MikeLewisRealtor,

Thank you for staying at the resort. The canyon location of the property allows our guests to escape the crowds and enjoy some quiet relaxation. Like you mentioned, the live music on the patio is a wonderful way to enjoy food & drink while soaking in the breathtaking views. Live music is now offered seven days a week. We look forward to your return visits with the grandchildren too.