All reviews ocean view rooms are pretty small surrounding hotels standard rooms are reasonable walk stand up shower sized bed front window sliding door open small refrigerator coffee maker first floor enjoyed our stay would stay again easy access shops and restaurants an older hotel
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I was here for two reasons: 1) to help my daughter celebrate her 18th birthday with her friends by renting them the large family suite; and 2) quiet time for myself away from the kids for night.

Location: The Inn is right off the main drag, Pacific Coast Highway, so the sounds of cars going by throughout the night is a potential deal-breaker for light sleepers. It wasn't an issue for me and even if it were, the Inn provides ear plugs to wear at night.

Family Suite;
We had the Family Suite on the 2nd floor, which was their largest room. It had the main room with a large sofa, TV, and queen size bed. The side room had a smaller bed and access to a bathroom and kitchenette. There is also a sizable balcony that overlooks the ocean.

For a group of 6 kids, this was the ideal size and configuration. For a family of four or more, I can see this being the perfect set up for a family vacation only minutes walk from the beach.

The Good: Room size and furnishings, clean bathrooms, large balcony with a fantastic view.

The Not So Good: Sofa is a fold-out but they did not have the foldout mattress.. Had to request a roll-away bed for one of the kids to sleep on.

Overall: For the price and location, this was just perfect for their needs, and would be for a family as well.

Single Room:
I stayed in the single room that featured a queen size bed, small refrigerator, small coffee maker, and a door that led directly to the outside.

The Good: A bare-bones room ideal for someone who can put their stuff down before they go out exploring the area and beach. The bathroom was clean with a stand-up shower and a very nice sink and faucet. Towels were clean and plentiful.

The Not So Good: My intention was to write but the small table and proximity to the parking lot left much to the imagination. Unfortunately, this was not ideal for my writing needs. There was a chair that I used but it wasn't as comfortable as I had hoped. Instead, i passed the time reading a bit and watching TV.

i believe that the single rooms are perfect for explorers and couples who enjoy getting out and about. The bathroom has a large window that normally looks out to the beach, but there was construction going on at the time so I just shut the blinds during my stay.

People: The proprietor and other staff were very friendly and welcoming. They are pet friendly for those that want to bring their small pets during their stay.

Overall: The price and location were perfect for our needs. While I would have liked a little more room to write, I also understand that this is not the place for that type of getaway.

This is a great little place to go when cost is important but also you also will spend more time away than indoors.

I took away 1 star because of the slight inconvenience to my own purposes and the missing fold-out mattress, but also to indicate that this isn't a resort style hotel. This is an Inn for putting your stuff down for a bit and then going off and take in the local culture.

I do recommend this location for those reasons and the family suites are definitely worth the coin, especially when compared to the rates at surrounding hotels and inns. The proprietor cares about her hotel and guests and it shows.

Room Tip: Family Suites have the best balconies
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ravi H
Leslie A, Front Office Manager at Seaside Laguna Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your feedback, as it helps us to make improvesmenbts and better accomodate incomming guests during their stays with us. We are happy to hear our rooms provided adequate space for your trip and attended to your needs. We truly enjoy such a close beach location and are happy that we get to share that with our guests. Please consider us for your next vacation to Laguna Beach!

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Really happy that I stayed at the hotel even though I saw some bad reviews. I was surprised by the negative reviews because my experience was so great.

Was very well-received from the beginning, when I quickly checked in and was offered popcorn and help with my luggage. When I couldn’t get my phone WiFi to work, the staff was the friendlist and came over to connect for me. (I was just typing in the WiFi password incorrectly- it was free WiFi too!)

I was in the suite and the bed sheets in my room felt so new and clean. The room even had a large balcony that I could walk out on. I wish I could live there!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Hiroto U
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

HORRIBLE HOTEL!! Currently staying here and this place is SO BAD I couldn’t even wait until my trip was over to leave a review. I wish I could give it ZERO STARS. If you have plans to stay here CANCEL THEM NOW!!! Or if your considering it, DON’T. This is the WORST hotel I’ve ever stayed in!! The walls are paper thin and if you get the corner room, the next room is only separated by a door! We could hear EVERYTHING our neighbor was saying, basically sounded like he was in our room. When we called and complained the man at the front desk said he’d call the room next door, got quiet until about 2 in the morning when the neighbor started talking very loudly again and no one was at the front desk to help. After complaining again in the morning we were told we could have a new, better room, after coming back later we were told we couldn’t get the room we were promised (surprise surprise) , so we got a different one which was even smaller and STILL had paper thin walls with obnoxious neighbors. Also!! It had LESS AMENETIES THAN THE QUEEN ROOM. No microwave, no blow dryer, no couch, no dresser and the coffee maker doesn’t even have a coffee pot in it. Not to mention the bed squeaks if you move even one half of an inch. This hotel is pathetic and not worth the money! Not to mention the breakfast they served had moldy items!! Really considering demanding a refund and going somewhere else!!! That’s how bad it is!! I can’t even believe how horrible this place is!! Don’t do it!! I will write a bad review on every platform possible!! Nobody should stay here!! Please, please, PLEASE, go somewhere else!!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank adumas15
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I love everything about this hotel. Especially the location. Short walk to beach, shopping and restaurant.Breakfast is complimentary. Free parking and WiFi. Just a great find. good room, cozy and adequate. lovely staff. I've stayed in few hotels but this was such good value for such great location. I'll be back and have recommended to others.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emily372
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

So my fiancé and decided to get married in beautiful Laguna Beach, I made plans to stay in a boutique style hotel right by the beach. We arrive on Friday January 5th 2018 to start setting up our wedding, because for some reason no one could help us over the phone or internet. My fiancé soon find our hotel and go to see if we could check in early, we were met by what seemed to be a really annoyed young lady at the front desk, I pushed past the annoyance and was told that I would be called when my room was ready, which really wasn’t a big deal. So my fiancé and I went site seeing in Laguna and tried to find a restaurant for our wedding. As the day went on we realized it was after 3pm, our normal check-in time, so we headed to the hotel and went to check in, got the keys and walked up to the room to find the door wide open, I had to track down a cleaning lady to ensure my room was clean and ready, which it was. My fiancé went into the room and I proceed back to the car to unload the bags and headed to the room, when I arrived to the room I saw my fiancé sitting on the bed with a huge smile and she says lay on the bed, and this is where I find that the bed must have been 30 years old, hardest, squeakiest, sunk in the middle bed I’ve ever seen, Oh my goodness!!!!!, I quickly took a look around, the shower would make you claustrophobic to say the least, the tv couldn’t be watched from bed also it was against the ceiling and the view, well it was the back of a home, also the walls are paper thin, you could here the next room and upstairs talking and clearly hear what they were saying, I went to the office and tried to discuss it now with a much nicer guy running the front desk, he offered to change the room but he told me all the rooms are basically the same unless I get a suite for around $300 more, so I decide we needed to leave. I talked some more with the guy at the front desk and he was really apologetic but he still charged me fore the one night, I figured it was better to just go to a new hotel so my entire four days wasn’t ruined. NOTE, I called and made sure the beds were a memory foam and was told they were, no it’s a half inch topper on the bed. So I tell anyone that unless your car breaks down or you want to give a homeless guy shelter for the night, don’t stay here, you will be miserable!!!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rshsalber
Leslie A, Front Office Manager at Seaside Laguna Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you spent sharing your experience with us and we regret to not having met your expectations.
We are surprised by your comment because we've never had any complaints about our beds before. In fact, er purchased orthopedic mattresses just a couple months ago.
As you say, we offered to upgrade you to a better room for no charge, at your same discount rate. We also offered to show you different room types in our boutique hotel and also extra amenities that would make you more comfortable. So we do not understand the controversy created with this comment when we have tried to adapt to your necessities as much as possible.

Kind regards,