All reviews across the street continental breakfast pacific highway hotel motel walking distance the check in process early check rooms are small the general manager boogie boards would definitely stay here again southern california road noise pageant of the masters orange county ocean view room air conditioner
Reviewed 27 May 2018

I arrived at the hotel around 1:00. I was rudely told "check-in is at 3:00. And check-out is at 11:00" Which I expected. I was thinking I can leave my bags, change somewhere into my swimsuit and go down to the beach like i always do when I arrive to an early check in. So I asked the guys if there was somewhere where we could get dressed and he laughed at me saying "no we do not have a public restroom" Well ok then. I did not feel welcomed at all. We left and killed two hours until we could check in at 3:00. The lady that helped us at the front dest on our second attempt to check in was much nicer.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Laguna Beach Inn on our way from San Diego to LA. Got to the Inn early and able to check in straight away, and it was fast and easy. Its also in walking distance from some nice restaurants and bars and the beach is right across the road. Great affordable place to stay in Laguna.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2018

The location was great, our room had the best view of the ocean, The manager Greg was very pleasant to work with and bent over backwards to help us. The ice machine was not working but the manager got us ice upon our request. There was a small breakfast and coffee with our stay. Greg also recommended a great place to eat at with local prices for breakfast, lunch or dinner. There are free beach chairs and floats to use as well as the nice swimming pool. Our only complaint is the bed was too hard.

Room Tip: 118 or 119 is the top two rooms with the best view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE, EVER!
Booked a room for three nights for two senior women to celebrate a major birthday two months in advance through Expedia. Website promised free parking and a jacuzzi in every room. The horrible manager, Greg, charged us $30 (plus tax!) to park during our stay, regardless. There was no jacuzzi in the room, no ice machine, and we were charged $2 for small bottles of water. But it was late and we were tired and the beds were comfortable.
In the morning, I mentioned the "free" parking claim on their website and Greg replied that was wrong, as was the jacuzzi claim. He said they had "been trying to update" their website for six months (!) but would not honor it. I dropped a note to Expedia and we went out for a few hours, coming back mid afternoon to get ready for special dinner (also reserved two months in advance for 7:30). Since the room had not been serviced, we sat on the patio to wait. Greg came by and said the maid does rooms every three days, they do not make beds or change towels! He said he wanted us to leave, but he would pay for us to stay elsewhere for our next two nights, that he'd never gotten a bad review before (Yelp says otherwise!) and that's why we had to go. He said Expedia would find us another room -- repeated that he'd make sure it didn't cost us anymore and he'd let us know when Expedia found something for us. After 5 pm, I got an email from Expedia saying that Laguna Beach Inn could no longer honor our reservation.
I spent the next two hours on the phone with Expedia, discovering that Greg had told them we had made a scene yelling obscenities (for the record, we neither yelled, made a scene, or used obscenities).
We had to postpone our planned birthday dinner, finally got a room at a much better but more expensive hotel. Greg not only did not pay the difference, but he refunded only our third night, even though he threw us out on the second evening.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank mswrytr
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If I would have written this review during my first 2 visits it would have been 5 star but it was before Yelp. I stayed here Saturday night March 30th (8pm) and despite being a combat veteran with 24 years currently active duty and well dressed I was treated like a second class citizen until I was able to prove I had a reservation.

They don’t answer the door bell. Then, Greg actually talked to me through the crack of the door at first when I called the phone number. He acted and spoke extra “snooty” to me despite my calling him Sir (and I’m 41 yrs old). I felt offended and said “If there is a problem I can go somewhere else Sir”, he then actually said “ok” and started to shut the door on me lol.

Then I thought to assure him I had a reservation because I couldn’t be bothered asking hotels.com for a refund and he left me outside while he ran back in to look at the computer and then let me inside once he logged in.

The room was ok, clean, but nothing special, the breakfast area had no where to sit, bad setup, no one available to check us out. For what it’s worth the housekeepers were friendly and the masseuse Franchesca was soo nice to talk to!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family