“Knowledgeable and Friendly Dive Leader”
Review of Trident Divers

Trident Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Founded in 2013, Trident Divers was the result of a lifelong love of the ocean, exploration and devotion to the ideal of safety through education. As a former ocean lifeguard, and lifelong waterman Joel Tracey’s focus is on competence in the water, both swimming and diving – while in pursuit of exploration. I’ll guide you to competence in the water, and help outfit you to make a splash.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went diving with Joel twice while in La Jolla. He gave a great briefing and knew a lot about the area. He was patient with me as I had not been diving in a while. Made sure I was comfortable and we had a great time! Thanks Joel!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I found Joel coming out of the water at La Jolla Cove. I approached him and asked if he saw any fish. He told me all the sea life that was out there and offered to take my girlfriends and I on a guided tour the next day. We took him up on the offer and had a blast. He brought wet suits for all and met us at the cove. We saw sea lions, garibaldi fish, birds and crabs. He took us to a cave and gave us a tour and he took a video of us and sent it the next day. We had a blast and laughed so hard! What a great guy...definitely worth the time! Thanks Joel! - Jo-Lynn

Joel T, Owner at Trident Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I had a blast with you ladies! You all seemed to have so much fun together, loved how you poked fun at one another and were willing to push in to your comfort zones a bit. Thank you for choosing Trident Divers for your tour of the cove. If you girls ever make it back to San Diego certainly give me a call. I'd love to show you other parts of the La Jolla reef system.

Joel

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Joel is a great guide, highly knowledgable about. the area and attentive to safety. The site is beautiful and full of life. I highly recommend this experience.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Joel T, Owner at Trident Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Hi Devon, thank you for your review of Trident Divers. It was a pleasure to dive with you, hoping we get a chance to dive together soon. Summer is just around the corner - make sure you come out again and we'll hit some of the other great reef dives here in San Diego.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I heard about diving in La Jolla cove but had never been. A friend of mine wanted to see leopard sharks before she moved back to Seattle. We were told that if we went with Trident Divers our likelihood of seeing leopard sharks were good. I was not sure, but trusted our guide Joel and we were not disappointed! As a matter of fact Joel found a school of leopard sharks and we were about as close as you can get you them. It was amazing! But more importantly was his dedication to ensuring my friend felt comfortable when she started to get nervous, he coached her and helped her calm down when she had a moment when she got spooked, and he was calm and confident the entire time. You cannot ask more from a guide than what Joel did for us, and I highly recommend Trident Divers to anyone from a beginning diver to advanced. You will be in VERY good hands and have an awesome experience from the moment you get there, while you are in the water, until the time you are back to your car. Full service. Dedication to your safety and enjoyment. And confidence in the area to ensure you have a great dive. And if you are not certified yet? You can go snorkeling and he will guide you snorkeling too. I will be back. Thank you Trident Divers for making us feel safe, for guiding us to see so many amazing animals, fish and sharks on our dive. Just a perfect day.

1  Thank RobinM_skibum

Thank you Robin!!!! I can't wait to get you back out here and show you some of our other great dive sites. Message me and let's get you set up for a day of snorkeling or diving at one of the many reefs outside of the La Jolla Cove area.