Review Highlights
First try at Hard Cider

We stopped while driving by as we've never tried hard cider before. Very friendly waitress and she... read more

Reviewed 4 January 2019
Got2GoCamping
Shelby, Nebraska
Cool stop

We stopped by for a tasting flight and were very pleasantly surprised by the facility, shops... read more

Reviewed 4 November 2018
db7477
Carlsbad, California
via mobile

All reviews tasting flight mead sample dog fun wine
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I am not a beer fan, so I thought hard cider would be a good alternative.
This location was highly recommended so we stopped after lunch & pie in Julian.
We had an 8 flight of their current selection and half tasted good, half not so much.
Great atmosphere and service, so a good visit in or out of Julian.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank zapprint
Reviewed 29 March 2018

The cider here is great! The tasting flight is perfect to find the one you like the best. They always are trying out new ones. I was just in there and they had an oaked Ginger and I went back each day to have some more it was sooooo good. The folks there are great, and helpful! And the atmosphere is fun!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I am not a big hard cider fan, but wanted to go here because they have so many different types. There were 4 of us, so we ordered 2 complete flights of all their available ciders. Besides the 8 they normally carry, they had 3 additional ones they were trying out...so 11 tastings!
The business is in a converted building, which houses several places (wine, mead, antiques, taco bar, etc). The cider place was fairly good size, with lots of seating options. We were there on a Tuesday morning, so had the place almost to ourselves.
The employee who served us was friendly, but not over the top. We would have liked to learn more about the process, but he was not a chatty type of guy.
We all ended up liking something, so took 3 bottles home. I am still not a hard cider fan, but glad we went.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 20 March 2017

This is outside of Julian proper a few miles and part of a little market/antique mall, but it's well decorated. It wasn't overly busy when we were there, and service was
kind of confusing, but the people were friendly and the ciders were good. We tried the flight of seven ciders...it gives you a great overview and chance to pick your favorite. I liked the pear...it was light and refreshing. Definitely worth the stop for a half hour or so....

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I LOVE cider and prefer it over beer, so tell me why I have never been to Julian to have cider flights when I live right here in San Diego??? Well, that silliness is over now and I will be visiting often! I loved every cider, especially Pearanormal and Apple Pie. I of course took some home! Thanks for existing, Julian Hard Cider! You haven't seen the last of me yet! P.S. Staff is super friendly! Yet another reason to visit!

Date of experience: September 2016