“Good beer, great prices, great service. Windy outside...”

Nickel Beer Company
Ranked #1 of 5 Nightlife in Julian
More attraction details
Owner description: Nickel Beer Company is now open 7 days a week with beers brewed by longtime San Diego brewer and pub owner Tom Nickel. Located just a half mile east of historic downtown Julian in San Diego's beautiful back country. We serve 5, 9 and 16 oz beers in our tasting room and we have 32 oz and 64 oz jugs to go. The tasting room has a dart board, foosball table and a flatscreen TV. Our large outdoor beer garden is dog friendly.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

April weather was a bit cool, so we sat inside. The wait staff were very friendly and helpful, and the beer was very good. There is no food, although it's OK to bring food inside. They sell jersey, nuts, and other bagged items if you need to have a quick snack. Dogs are not allowed inside (only outside). Darts, foosball, and board games available.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"patio"
"gem"

Reviewed 16 February 2018

I like beer and I like to visit breweries whenever I can so when we were in Julian I visited the Nickel Beer Company. The young lady who poured the beer was friendly and quite knowledgeable. The beer was very good. Actually one of the drinks I had was the Apple Pie Ale, it was outstanding. I'm a bit of a beer aficionado and I would rank Nickel Beer Co. with some of the best, plus it's in Julian which is just a great place to visit.

1  Thank BobK729
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Stopped in this brewery on our "way back" from a camping trip in Cuyamaca. The beer was great, the staff was friendly and we loved the ambiance. It's a converted sherrif's station and even has a holding cell. And they're homemade pickles were amazing!

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

As many times I have been to Julian or driven to Borrego Springs, I have never stopped by Nickel Beer. A shame. A wonderful spot. Nested in a an old Sheriff station, jail and all. A beautiful little wood stove to heat the space...and then there is the beer. The beer is good. Worth a trip. We are already planning our next trip to the Nickel.

1  Thank John H