“Very relaxing! ”

and 1 more site!
Royal Plaza Inn
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I know Indio can get crazy, the surrounding may not be excellent, but I've always known of this place & never stayed. Last night I needed a room & needed a room fast! I got one at the Royal Plaza inn & I will definitely be staying here again, instead of the usual place I chosen in the past. The staff was very understanding & sweet. It was very quiet & clean! I was in & out through the night & felt safe. It was well lit up & staff was there if needed. This morning I was literally woken up by housekeeping because I was so relaxed I slept in ahah which is unusual for me, unless I'm secure at home. I will definitely be recommending this place to everyone & I will definitely be staying here again, when needed. Awesome place! Awesome staff!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed the other night, because our electricity at home was down. We have stayed at the Royal Plaza Inn on a couple of occasions, and have enjoyed our stay each time! The accommodations are lovely, the cleanliness impeccable, and the staff (especially Maria), very professional and quite helpful. We recommended the Inn to friends, who also booked a room. We will be recommending it to family and friends visiting in the future!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet P
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Recommend this hotel for anybody, amazing staff my room is always clean and serviced. Been here for two months now and haven't had any issues. Also have a great restaurant in the same lot as the hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Big B
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Every year I come to Indio for Coachella fest. 8 years ago, I stayed at the Royal Plaza inn, and now it is the only place I stay. The staff is friendly, attentive and professional. I stay there for 16 nights, spanning both weekends of the festival. My experience there has always been exceptional. With the understanding that it is Coachella weekend, the hotel does get busy. However the Staff is always prepared to take care of our needs, and it has never gotten as rowdy as other hotels I've stayed in during the festival, that were much more expensive and MUCH further away. After 8 years, the staff has become like family to us. It is not easy to find a hotel so close to the festival grounds, that is as reasonable and accommodating as the royal plaza inn, we look forward to our stay every year. Keep up the great work!

Lisa K.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Lking70
Reviewed 13 May 2017

My daughter and I travelled from New Zealand for Coachella 2017. We viewed this property on line and it looked like it might be around 3 star and we knew even then we were being ripped off for Coachella paying approx $US400 a night!!!! There were very few properties available and the reviews then appeared to be ok. My impression is that those reviews were from people who are used to staying in awful places and paying what is probably the normal price - under $100. Believe me it is not worth anymore.

The staff were disinterested and not helpful. Reception never answered the phone. Everything was tired and old. The pool area was totally uninviting. The towels supplied were thin and old and we only got two!! The sheets looked like they had been washed and reused for 20 years. There were holes in the blankets. The towel rail was hanging off the wall by loose screws.

BUT worst of all unless you had a car (which we did not) there was NOWHERE to go! The place around this facility was dead!!! No choice of places to eat and nowhere to go shopping - nothing. Do not stay here!

If you are going to Coachella book early - this was our problem and probably stay in Palm Springs even you have a longer shuttle ride.

The only good thing about this place was the local couple who provided shuttles back and forward from the Empire Polo grounds which cut our travelling time down considerably. They were fantastic! How they aligned themselves with this dump is beyond me.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family