“Bad Place”

and 1 more site!
Royal Plaza Inn
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We did not like the room, the service was bad, check inn was bad, the computer system was down, Manger was unhelpful, the room had not heat , except a small portable heater that did not work, the room was not clean , the TV would not work, the pool was dirty

Room Tip: Do not go to this Inn
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank knavin3877

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Arrived very late on a Saturday night after traveling for 10+ hours. Front desk staff very nice but that's where it stopped, If we knew what the room looked like, we probably would have turned around. After entering the non-secured back entrance of the hotel at 12:30am where 2 people were dumpster diving, we quickly made our way to our room. Retro 1979,,,,Kelly green carpet and gold curtains. Not to mention the upholstered chair with stains on it, ISH. We kept out stuff off the floor. Quiet night sleep until 6:30 am when what looked like a road crew started to throw the f-bombs RIGHT outside of of room in the parking lot for 15 minutes while they enjoyed their coffee. Next...our trip to the pool with our coffee. The pool was disgusting and looked like it had not been cleaned in a long time. No iron in room....really? Loved the ambience of the various types of hangers in the room...plastic, wire and wooden. The website is NOT representative of what this place looks like. Can't believe what people will pay for this place for Coachella.

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 208sheilad
Reviewed 29 March 2017

One star is a luxury for this "hotel". If I could subtract stars I would give them -3. The service was horrible. All workers at this place except one, Art, made us feel unwelcomed, unwanted and unimportant. The lady at check-in named Sylvia was the worst.
No matter how clean anybody can maintain it will always feel dirty because the hotel is old, filthy, and it does need a lot of work. I had two room reserved (2 adults on one and 2 adults and a kid in the 2nd one). In one of the rooms (for 2) AC was broken and did not work. I asked the lady at check-in (Sylvia) to look at it and if it doesn't work, change the room. When we came back from the dinner, Sylvia said that the room was cold enough. We checked and it wasn't cold; AC still wasn't working. She changed the room of my parents, but there was no shampoo in the bathroom, only one soap and one body lotion. My mom took a shower but couldn't wash her hairs. In our bathroom (room for 3) they had only two towel sets, one shampoo and two soaps.
The next day after our arrival in the morning (10:30 am) I asked lady at check-in to leave one more set of towels in our room, and we left. We came back at 4:30 pm. Our rooms were not clean; moreover, when I washed my hands and face I found that all towels (including wash clothes) were missing from our room. I asked the cleaning lady nearby to give me 3 sets of towels; she brought 3 bath towels only and said she did not have any other sizes. I went to complain to Sylvia, her responses left me speechless and angry. On my question why our room were untouched she responded that they clean first check-out rooms and then the rest of the rooms. I asked her if she knew what time was now (around 5 pm) and what time they were going to clean our rooms, she responded whenever they have time. On my request of towels she responded that their laundry is not ready yet and will be ready only in 30-45 minutes. I asked why they took all towels from the room if they were not going to replace them, she did not bother to respond. When I asked for shampoo, her response was that she saw yesterday that our room had shampoo. That was it! I raised my voice and ask who gave her a right to decided who and how many times need to take a shower. Sylvia called a guy, a worker at the hotel named Art to come and deal with me. Her face expression was telling me that I am saying nonsense and making a big problem out of nothing. Art came with me to our room, asked what was wrong, what we needed and wrote everything down. He also apologize for Sylvia and said that he certainly understand my frustration and that he will try to fix problems we had. He later brought shampoos, body lotions, soaps and towels to our room. He was very polite and caring, it was the only positive experience at this place. That who need to be the manager of that place!
In addition, although they advertise free Wi-Fi, nobody gave us instructions about how to join the network.
The pool was unheated, but it wasn't the main problem with it; the pool was dirty! Jacuzzi was working, but it wasn't clean either. In addition all entrances to the pool area were closed except one that was not conveniently located for us. I asked to open the door that was 10 feet from our room and Sylvia promised to do it the first day, but guess what ... Right, it never happened.
Stay away from this place as far as you can! I wouldn't pay even $20 for a night there. $5-10 is the best price for this place, but I wouldn't pay even that. I wouldn't like that kind of experience even if they paid me!

Room Tip: No good rooms there. Stay away!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank sonka525
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

I grew up in Indio and have never had the opportunity to enjoy this amazing establishment . I stayed for a total of two amazing days. Sylvia is treat and a dedicated employee so say hi to her if you get a chance.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2017

We paid 197.00 canadian ( 146.78 U.S.) for a room on Feb 25 2017 which was during Indio Date festival. This facility is next door to the event. I would not recommend this facility. It is an independent hotel. There was no security locks on the outside doors. The room itself was on a main floor - and we were told we had the last available room. We found dirty towels found by a table and stuffed into the upholstered chair i sat in. Except for a bar of soap in the room and an ice bucket with no plastic bag, there is zero amenities. The hair dryer had so much dust on the air intake it overheated and stopped. There is a front lobby that anyone ( large groups of teens) walked through with no one else but the front desk person on staff. He was also the person who came to assist with internet issue on TV. He spent about 6 mins, which left me thinking about security again. The TV channel selection is poor. The room decor is extremely dated. Where facilities would have static mats in front of doors, there is signage in the halls that advise people to use towels to wipe boots.

The front desk person was extremely nice. You cant ignore that. Nor can i ignore that several other people who we met in restraraunt next door advised they only paid 60 u.s. for the room. Im certain the staff are nice but they work at a facility where the owner is not putting any thought in with respects to updating or correcting issues within the hotel.

There are alot of restaurants, and located in a nice area, but unless you hear they are under renovations...skip this facility.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple