1,304 results
All reviews golf course pool area corner room self parking large hotel sushi bar lobby bar palm springs bnp paribas business conference fitness center spring break pool staff hotel is beautiful plenty of lounge chairs tennis tournament an adult
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I liked everything, pool, pool bar. room, and fabulous 4k TV! Hd breakfast 1 morning, was fine, and pool food was good enough. Yes Quite hot in Summer is to be expected. But Indian Wells does it right, resort and town are gorgeous. Coming back soon.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bill O
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Bill O,

Thank you for being our guest at the Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed everything our hotel has to offer, including our great resort amenities and well-equipped rooms. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

A conference we attend every year was moved to the Renaissance this year and we weren’t sure what to expect. From checkin to checkout they did an amazing job handling so many people. Rooms were big with good beds, showers, refrigerators, amenities. Staff were all outstanding. Food service for thousands of people was most impressive. Conference room seats could use more padding but overall they are to commended on professionalism, service, and quality.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear jim1231,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa while here for a conference. We are thrilled you liked your well-equipped room and our friendly staff members. Thanks again for your wonderful review, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2018

Recent 2 night stay with a 12 year old grandchild. Super rooms, nice view of the pool. Great staff. Kid loved the pool and its attractions. Good restaurant . Would stay again. Breakfast Buffett was exceptional and we also had lunch 2 times both were excellent. Large hotel with a great bar area and lobby

Room Tip: Get a view of the pool area
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Bear H,

Wow - thanks for the five-star review of the Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa. We are thrilled to know you & your kid had a delightful stay with loved our well-appointed rooms and friendly staff and that your kid loved spending time at our beautiful pool. We also take pride in the quality of the food we serve. We will pass on your gracious comments to our Food & Beverage staff and let them know their efforts are not going unnoticed. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I titled this review because everyone goes the extra mile for you during your stay from the luggage attendants to the cabana wait staff.

I was on the property for two full days and two half days.

The check in process was effortless and they greeted me with the highest level professionalism and courtesy.

Room:
-I had an extended balcony room, on the top floor, with a center view of the pool area. It was gorgeous
- The bathrooms are HUGE!!!
- The product line was Aveda (one of my Marriott favs) and smelled divine.
- Beds were super comfortable.
- The wifi was good, and when I had an issue, the tech team took care of it immediately.
- Con: The air did not blow cold enough, and for the summer temps in Indian Wells, that is a major drawback. I did speak to the hotel staff and they sent up an engineer. The air never got colder but I was only in my room to sleep so it wasn't a huge disaster.

Gym:
- Has everything you need for a full workout to include cable system, upper and lower body machines, dumbbells, medicine balls, various cardio options, and yoga mats.
- I loved the locker rooms here too as they were equipped much like a spa with full showers, products, private restrooms, and a sauna!
- Maintained nicely and kept clean.

Spa:
- The spa was gorgeous, quite (some spas the noise carries but not here!), and had great extras in the locker room!
- Both my mom and I had 80 minutes massages where were phenomenal!!
- The steam room is so relaxing and smells heavenly!
- The spa showers also have aroma therapy!

Pool:
- I recommend that you book a cabana if you can afford it. We reserved the smaller cabanas for the two full days that we were there. There were only three of us which meant it was comfortable and provided enough space inside. If we had two more people it probably still would have been comfortable. The downside though is that there are only three reserved lounge chairs directly in front of your cabana . So if you have more than three people you all cannot lay out together. The staff assigned to the cabana were phenomenal! They really did an exceptional job of paying attention to my family.
- I recommend that get down to the pool early if you are staying over a weekend. They were literally bringing in extra chairs because they were running out of space. Unfortunately, my mom was quilted into giving one of our reserved cabana chairs away by a staff member because seating was running so low.
- Despite the number of people, there was still plenty of room in the pool itself.
- Only Con: The pool bar closes REALLY early!!! I feel like the hotel is truly missing out on a money making opportunity with how early it closed.

Food on site:
- The pizza tastes like it was made by someone's grandma in her own kitchen - it was the best pizza I have ever had! So good!
- We ordered room service for breakfast every day and each day did not let us down . Everything was good!

Golf:
- They have an excellent system for club storage, shuttle to / from the courses, and tee times.

Platinum Elite Members:
- You do get complimentary drinks (one each day) but it does not take into account the number of people on your reservation. We had three and yet I was the only one that could have a free drink. I found this odd.
- You do get a card with various freebies like spa passes, driving range time, etc. This was a nice bonus.

Both the cabana staff and hotel staff treated me to a nice surprise for my birthday during my stay. This was unexpected and very kind.

Room Tip: Ask for the extended balcony rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Chrissy M
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear Chrissy M,

Thank you for the generous review of the Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed everything our hotel has to offer, including our wonderful staff, great facilities, and comfortable rooms. We appreciate your loyalty as a Platinum Elite member and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I was at this resort attending a large conference , in which several thousand people descended on this venue for a span of 4 + days. I am writing this from the perspective of both a vacationer and a conference attendee.

We flew into the Palm Springs airport, just 25-ish minutes down the road and an easy drive to the resort in a rental car. I would not find the cost of a taxi prohibitive for that distance, it is a fairly direct route. I am unaware if there is a shuttle for this resort.

The resort is absolutely gorgeous, with every amenity that you could desire. This is a very large property and includes beautiful pools and fountains, impeccable gardens and greenery - such a contrast to the surrounding desert hills nearby. It truly felt like we were in an oasis. When I first viewed the pictures online prior to traveling, I had pondered if indeed this resort would be so vibrant looking in person or if this was a trick of the photographer using artistic filters. This resort is exactly as it appears online, lush and lovely!

The staff were friendly and helpful, all hands were on deck for this huge event and I noted that any staff I encountered were always smiling. And I would like to add, this was not a false friendliness, I found the staff to be genuinely warm, engaging and helpful. Valet, desk, room attendants, maintenance, servers and bartenders, gift shop, innumerable staff - were consistently welcoming, warm and attentive.

Our room was lovely and spacious, clean and well attended to for our entire 6 night stay. The bathroom was very spacious and well appointed - something of note when you have 2 people in an equal rush to get ready for the day.

We chose to arrive 2 days in advance of the conference and I am so glad we did! We enjoyed our mini-break prior to the conference with a chance to explore the area and grounds in advance.

I enjoyed dining in the on-site restaurant Cava, especially the mushroom burger ( it was immense!) and wild mushroom soup. Once again, the staff were lovely and attentive and we chose to linger and sip drinks. We continued to order breakfast from Cava through room service and it was an elegant breakfast room service, there was no detail overlooked and attention was paid to the little extras. I regret not taking a photo of the breakfast service, it is highly recommended!

During the conference, a banquet room with a buffet was set up for attendees who, if they wished, could purchase meal tickets in advance. I thought this was a wonderful idea as many of us were rushing between speakers and this format allowed us to quickly go in, have our meal and rush off again. The buffet was fresh and featured a nice variety. I enjoy my vegetables and there were always large trays of tendercrisp vegetables on hand. The only thing missing? Soup ... - but that could be my regional preference, otherwise, the conference buffet format was perfect. Once again, there were always numerous servers hovering nearby to clear dishes, replace a tray on the buffet, sometimes even re-fill a drink.

While attending the conference, the conference rooms were a comfortable temperature even with the 100+ degrees outside. Padded seats, stages allowed all attendees to view the speakers. There were water stations evident everywhere indoors and out, a blessing for those of us not adjusted to the desert climate.

In the evening, a number of us congregated onto the large deck outside where there were many lovely seating areas where groups could comfortably gather. After the long conference day, clusters of attendees gathered for libations, conversation and even impromptu guitar. The atmosphere of this patio was vibrant and inviting, conducive to mixing and mingling.

This resort features a beautiful atrium with a sweeping grand staircase. I enjoyed pausing on my walk to the elevator to look down into the atrium from the 7th floor, taking in the view, conversation and laughter from below.

This resort is a beautiful venue for a wedding or conference of any size and comes highly recommended. I will be back for the conference in 2019 but now also consider this resort a priority when planning my next escape for some R and R.

I found the pricing to be fair, restaurant, room, amenities - they were above average in giving their guests 'bang for their buck'. I have not included photos for this review as I found the website photos to be highly accurate.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie P
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear Julie P,

Thank you for the excellent comments regarding your conference stay at the Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa. We love that our guests can enjoy our luxury spa, restaurants, championship golf, and other amenities set against the Santa Rosa Mountains in the foothills of Palm Springs' Coachella Valley. It is great to read that you were impressed with our courteous associates, the food we serve as well as the great value we offer for the price. We truly appreciate you recommending us online and look forward to your next stay with us soon.