“Great Place For Dining In Or To Go”
Review of Olive Pit Grill

Olive Pit Grill
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I am in Huntington Beach approximately every three weeks and look forward to eating at this location each time I’m in the area. The food is always fresh. The portions are perfect. The service is excellent. There are a lot of items on the menu. I have tried several of the menu selections and have been satisfied each time I’ve tried something different.

1  Thank CaliMAE2015

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great to-go dinner here. They had what they called a lamb burger special. It was more like large lamb meatballs on Pita with some pickles and onions. It was supposed to come with a spicy cheese which I didn’t want and they worked with me to exchange it for their olive tamponade. The combination was excellent. Service was nice everybody was really friendly. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We were looking for a Greek restaurant and found it in the Olive Pit Grill. Casual dining with a walk-up counter ordering system. (Your food is then brought to your table). We started with Housemade Meat Dolmades that were fresh and delicious. (vegetarian are also available.) I selected the Lamb Gyro with a side of Hummus for my entree. The flavors were just to my liking. My wife selected the Mediterranean Salad with Lamb. She said it was tasty but did not care for the limp lettuce it was served with. Outside patio seating is available, however parking can be a challenge during lunch time. We plan on returning in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

We were in the area on vacation over the Christmas holidays and had been exploring Bolsa Chica Ecological Preserve all morning so we were ready for lunch when they opened at 11:00. They weren't busy at that time but were quickly filling up by the time we left. We decided to eat there based on location and the selection of healthy/vegetarian dishes. The restaurant is in a strip shopping center where there is shared parking with other shops. It's fast-casual style dining; you order at the counter and serve your own beverage. Food is prepared fresh and brought to your table. Seating is mainly tables, and there is an outdoor patio. The menu has a wide variety of options so it took a us a few minutes to decide. We ordered Hummus with Pita, Rocka Salad, Falafel Wrap, Garden Salad, and Grilled Salmon with Stewed Green Beans and Roasted Potatoes (about $50 before tip). The food was ready in a reasonable amount of time and was fresh and flavorful. The music was a little loud for our taste but everything else was good.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Summary: Overall, the food was good for the most part. I would return again but only if I was in the area. I wouldn’t make a special trip to Huntington Beach to eat here.

Parking: There is parking lot.

Price: My boyfriend and I ate for a total of $25. The average price of an entree is between $10-15 with some meat and seafood dishes costing $19-21.

Food: My boyfriend ordered the chicken kabob plate served with choice of two small bites, he chose potato frites (fries) and hummus. He enjoyed his food and thought the chicken was moist and flavorful and the potato frites were seasoned well. The hummus has a citrus taste to it and while it was good, it wasn’t the plain/original hummus we were expecting, so just something to keep in mind if ordering. I ordered the build your favorite salad with choice of protein. I chose the caesar salad with falafel as my protein (even though falafel is usually a side, falafel is listed on their menu as a grilled protein). The falafel was a bit dry and I probably wouldn’t order it again. As in most Mediterranean restaurants, the serving portions were large. One note, is that the restaurant does not have dolmades (stuffed grape leaves) on the menu which I was expecting them to offer. Regardless, there are a lot of options to choose from and the menu is pretty extensive.

Service: Service was self-seating. Our food arrived after an average wait and the staff were friendly and offered suggestions based on most popular options and personal preference.

Ambiance: Smaller restaurant with both indoor seating and an outdoor patio.

Pro Tip: Restaurant offers free delivery for to-go orders (within 5 miles) after 4 p.m.