6 people are viewing this hotel
HK$1,427
Hotels.com
HK$1,432
Earn rewards on eligible stays
Agoda.com
HK$1,227
Easy and fast booking
Roslyn R
Los Angeles, California
Great Experience With Some Frustrations
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Mar 2023
Upsides:
-I left my credit card at one of the restaurants. I got a text message about it within ten minutes.
-The staff was super helpful in trying to help me save money.
-My kids had a fantastic time.
-The buffet food was decent.
-The nice restaurant (I forget it's name) had mostly excellent service.
-My friend's four-year-old wandered out of the fenced in little-kid area somehow, but the staff found her and returned her to her mom super fast.

Downsides:
-The Wolf Den rooms aren't magical anymore. There are no wand activities in the rooms.
-The pool towel thing that many people have complained about is pretty frustrating. No, I don't want to stand in line to return wet towels and use my wrist band to check them in. It was frustrating to stand in line to get the towels in the first place. The wrist band computer is slow. It's not like "beep beep beep" and you're done. It's like "beep" wait a minute. "beep" wait a minute. For every towel. I had 8 kids. I needed 16 towels. Also, that's nuts that I can't bring a towel back to my room. Guys: there has to be a better way.
-The fancy restaurant, I forget what it is called, could not accommodate a group of 8 people, so they sat us in the buffet area. That sucked. If I wanted the chaos and noise and lighting of the buffet area... I would have just eaten there.
-The check in line was super super long. Understandable, but I don't understand why there isn't a separate checkin for people who valet. I would pay more to escape the line....
-There were too many people standing around at the check in guests doing apparently nothing. No one in line has a problem if the line is long and everyone is working hard to get people checked in. But when the line is long and only one or two people are checking guests in and there are three people standing there doing what looks like nothing, it tends to lower the morale of the line. So even if those people standing there were actually doing something, I recommend to the resort that they train that staff in looking busy and if the important work they are doing involves them standing there looking not busy, to do it somewhere else.
Outdoor Pool
  • ZenHotels.com
4.3 km from Great Wolf Lodge - Anaheim/Garden Grove, CA
View more hotels in Garden Grove
4,986 results
All reviews water park all ages dunkin donuts wave pool indoor waterpark lazy river mini golf dance party life guards loose moose birthday package bowling alley whole family super fun year olds kids love family vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2023

This place has gone downhill. We used to love this place so much but we were so disappointed and disgusted after this last visit. For starters the wave pool kept getting shut down because I'm sure someone had their kid poop in it. The Lazy river only had about 10 tubes everyone would just walk it or swim in it. My husband and I counted 7 floating bandaids in the lazy river alone. 4 floating bandaids in the Wave pool and 3 in the basketball pool. The pool grout in the lazy River is unacceptable its so bad that its rotting on the inside. The amount of money we spend on fees at this resort you would think it was better maintained. I won't even talk about all the calcium build up everywhere in the water park. The rooms were definitely nothing special. The hallways were so dirty with trash with all these kids running around unsupervised late at night. Sadly we will not be returning! Great Wolf Lodge, Do Better!

Room tip: Don't go, save your money!
Date of stay: March 2023
3  Thank Cynthia L
Reviewed 28 February 2023

Our family was so excited to take our 7yo son here for his birthday. We invited the whole family. We reserved 3 rooms total for everyone. For our room, we reserved the Wolf Den thinking it looked so fun for the kids. It was simply a tiny room inside of our room Witt a bund bed. It didn’t look anything like the picture.
There was no drinking water in our room. No microwave (even though their food is insanely overpriced). It would’ve been nice to be able to reheat our leftovers. Then again, the food was not good at all, especially the pizza. It was hardly edible. They charge a resort fee but it doesn’t include parking. They don’t refresh rooms at all, even when requested. For $500/night, having our room refreshed after a day in their filthy water park shouldn’t even be a question. They don’t accept cash which is just insane. They charge for parking while you’re staying there. The rooms were not cleaned well. Very grungy. Having to pay extra for every little thing adds up quickly and none of it is worth it.
Sadly, we will not be returning. We were so excited to go and equally disappointed by the experience. They leave many things to be desired for the amount of money to stay at their establishment.

Date of stay: February 2023
4  Thank trish m
Reviewed 1 February 2023

The listing says "Has microwaves" Does not.

The listing says "Has free parking" Does not. Parking costs a minimum of $22 a day.

This is a "semi destination" resort, not just a hotel. Good option for a one day layover prior to visiting Disney.

The facility, staff and waterpark are all first rate, in fact I would say that the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff exceeds that of Disney property hotels.

Avoid as best you can busy season and times. This place cannot absorb the amount of people that "fully booked" represents. When it's packed the quality of the experience goes dawn substantially. for everybody and the price skyrockets.

Great for kids up to about 13 years, teens, not so much.

Room tip: Avoid the crowds as best you can.
3  Thank tallbill
Reviewed 31 January 2023

We’ve been loyal customers of GWL Garden Grove since 2018 but this last visit has destroyed that. My mother in law gifted us a stay by purchasing the reservation and paying the full amount in advance. We confirmed with a rep over the phone she and the card did not need to be present at check-in. She said verbatim that because the balance was paid in full, we just needed to show up and put a card on file for any damages.

When we got there they claimed we couldn’t check-in, and that they needed to refund back to the original payment and charge us with a card that is physically present. Luckily, we had the money to cover it but the attendant belittled the situation as if anyone could whip out $700 out of thin air without any show of empathy or consideration. My mother in law paid the deposit on one card then the remaining balance on another. Then when he couldn’t figure out how to refund, he decided to go in the back and refund the entire amount on only one of the cards without even asking us or the cardholder, my mother in law, what was going on. If he would’ve simply asked us we would’ve confirmed that two cards were used.

Why would you refund a card a different amount than what was charged if you supposedly are protecting the card holder? It just didn’t make any sense at all. Not to mention this attendant spoke to us as if it was a fraudulent transaction and made us feel like criminals.

Additionally, when we went back and asked for the receipt he pretended not to know us and try to pawn us off to another rep or make us wait in another line.

This attendants’ incompetence and complete disregard for the hardship this has caused has completely destroyed our customer relationship and we refuse to return.

I did not feel safe as the life guards all look dissatisfied with with job and ignored kids running up slides and running into infants in the baby area. The arcade is extremely overpriced and a rip off. Most of the machines don’t work when you swipe so it just eats your credits without letting you play. The prizes are cheep stuffed animals that you can buy on Amazon for <$20.

We’ve stayed at GWL 6 times in the past four years. Every year they increase prices and consistently lower standards and quality. We tried to be empathetic due to the pandemic but this last visit was outrageous and we refuse to give them another cent. I suggest you do the same!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank arseniam2023
Reviewed 29 January 2023 via mobile

I spent over $700 for a one night stay at this place. I ended up getting a view of a building wall of my room. The rooms were more mediocre. Beds were uncomfortable. The carpet in the hallways of the hotel need to be changed out. Get ready to pay inflated prices on things; 4 hot dogs with a drink and French fries + nachos run you $160. Parking is $22 and the garage is so jammed packed with cars, it takes a while to find a parking spot. There a limited amounts of chairs and lounge chairs in the water recreation area and you have to get to the entrance at the opening time to get a space. In my own experience one night is enough here and I am glad I didn’t book my entire weekend here.

Room tip: Parking sucks
Trip type: Travelled with family