5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ExpediaUS$290
Trip.comUS$290
Hotels.comUS$290
Agoda.comUS$336
ZenHotels.comUS$290
Vio.comUS$290
4,965 results
All reviews water park dunkin donuts wave pool indoor waterpark mini golf dance party loose moose birthday package bowling alley super fun entire family year olds family vacation spring break southern california bunk beds slides
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2022

I thought this would be a great place to bring my 12 year old for his birthday. He invited a friend, so I was a single adult supervising 2 children.

The first shock was that, even though I wasn't going in the water or using any attractions, I had to pay full price to get in ($100). For that, I would have expected it to be easy to find places to sit. There were not. Almost every surface was covered with people's towels and personal items, but no one was sitting there. It was hard to find places to sit where I could see both kids.
There was no outside food or water allowed. For my full price admission, I would have expected either a place to sit with waitstaff available, an app to order food, or really any kind of decent service that was in line with the $100 entrance fee. However, the snack bar was terrible. Wait times were very long. I ordered a pretzel and somehow it was served completely covered in oil. Someone had literally poured hot oil all over the pretzel! It was inedible. As I was by myself and supervising kids, it wasn't possible for me to even go back and wait in line to get a replacement.
To add insult to injurty, parking was an additional $25 for just 4 hours.
Yes, the kids had fun and there were lifeguards available at all attractions. However, as value for money goes, and for parental experience, you would do well to avoid this place.

3  Thank lucindam743
Reviewed 10 October 2022

We stayed here two nights. My daughter got to trick or treat, go to a dance party, play golf, bowl, play magi quest, do arts & crafts, and make a build a bear - all included with her wolf pass. She had the time of her life! She said she’d rate them 10/10. The food was great, prices reasonable for a hotel & in line with other attractions & a McDonald’s, gas station, restaurants & rite aide within a few blocks. The room was clean & comfortable. What a great time! That’s without even mentioning the water park! You won’t regret coming here but you will wish you had found this gem sooner. We stayed during the week because it was significantly cheaper than the weekend. Highly recommended!

2  Thank SoCalExplorers2024
Reviewed 7 October 2022 via mobile

Good:
-All food experiences we had were excellent. We had dinner at the Lodge grill, breakfast buffet at the Loose Moose, and ordered lunch at Buckets. All the service staff were great and food was excellent and reasonably priced. Service was also quick, which is very appreciated with hungry toddlers. Loved the omelette station at the breakfast buffet.
-Water park activities are fun- all the slides, pools, toddler areas are great. A little crowded but not unexpected.

Bad:
-I understand chlorine strength and cleanliness of the pool go hand in hand. But man, that chlorine really stings your eyes! Multiple times throughout the day, various pools would be closed because of a pH chemical imbalance (poop accidents?) But it really made you think twice about the cleanliness of the pools.
-My son also had terrible diarrhea after the first day and I got Hand Foot Mouth that showed up the second day after I returned home.
-It’s no Disneyland. By that, I mean the friendliness of staff and lifeguards is lacking. But I get it, it’s a boring job to do day in and day out and lifeguards have to stay extra vigilant- they don’t have the luxury of chatting with people. But sometimes a smile can go a long way. In general, the experience is pretty hollow- like if Chuck E. Cheese built a hotel. But to be fair, it’s not Disneyland prices.

Overall, experience was okay for what it is. The associated illnesses my family had make me rethink returning for a long time.

1  Thank porkycorgi
Reviewed 28 September 2022

The so-called Great Wolf Lodge is an overpriced, dystopian HELL ON EARTH. Think: Chuck E. Cheese on STEROIDS with water slides, eye-burning/lung hurting airborne chlorine, day-drinking/drunk tattooed gang banger dads, trashy women with way too much silicon, endlessly long lines for everything from checking in to getting food, never ending NOISE POLLUTION, a crappy app that didn’t work, and constant upselling/price gouging. Also, the hotel rooms are ugly, bland and have filthy carpet in them, gross. And on top of all that, we found a LARVAE on my son’s bathing suit from the lazy river. This place is ‘MERICA at its best/worst. If we don’t get Covid and/or monkey pox, I’ll be amazed.

Date of stay: September 2022
3  Thank kxfritsche
Reviewed 23 September 2022

It started out with us wanting to take our Grandson for his 3rd birthday on his first overnight trip. When we got there for our reservation,, we had park access form 1pm on the day we start the room reservation. We go to check in at 12:45 and there was almost no line because they had quite a few "Pack members" manning the front desk. They let me know upon check in that our room is ready. Off to a great start.
Sadly, this is where the actual problems start to occur. Unbeknownst to me, the pack member at the front desk actually put a $10,000.00 hold on my credit card instead of a $100.00 hold per night of stay. Since the facility allows for your wristband to be charged all your discretionary purchases in the facility, I wouldn't find out until I was leaving and stopped to get gas and snacks for the ride home. I didn't have to sign anything with the amount indicated on it nor was notified so I would have had no chance to catch the mistake. I believe it was a honest mistake and understand how someone who is imputing the same or similar things all day could easily not hit the period key and then not notice the clerical error because they failed to review what they put in. Likely because they are actively engaging the guests as good customer service practices.
So when I finally get home and try to figure out why my credit card is locked, I notice the pending $10,000.00 charge (hold, but my cc doesn't care about the difference, the limit is completely locked up.) I call both coporate and the Garden Grove locations to ask them to rectify their mistake and they tell me its too late and no one who can do anything will be in until the next morning. They give me a complain number and tell me it should fall off in a few days if they caught it and changed it when I checked out and hopefully someone will respond to me before that.
The next morning, I again call corporate and they say someone will try and get back to me in a few days and that I should just try calling the Garden Grove branch. Mind you, at this point, my CC is locked up and I use my cc for my business purchases as well and at this point am having to halt my construction because I am late in the billing to payoff cycle and need to purchase materials to continue working. So I call the Garden Grove location and speak to a "Pack member" and they look at my account and realize and admit that they screwed up. She puts me on hold as she lets me know she is getting her manager. About ten mins later, she comes back on the line and apologies but her manager is in their daily group morning huddle but she will call me back in 10-15 mins. Three hours later, I haven't gotten a response and my cc is locked up still.
I call and ask to speak to the manager (Tatiana) and am put on hold for about 10 mins to which Tatiana finally answers. She immediately goes into the details of my situation to show she is aware of it and apologies for her employees mistake. She proceeds to tell me how she is going to have a stern meeting with the person and make sure this doesn't happen again. She says they fixed everything on there end and now its just the bank holding me hostage until they release everything. I point out that she never called me back and I was never notified that it had been fixed form anyone at Great Wolf. She responded with I expected you to be mad and I'm grateful your not yelling or acting angry towards us. She never acknowledged that she didn't respond to me and left me in limbo all day as to whether my situation was resolved on their end or not. As far as I can tell, it seems corporate and local management have no customer service etiquette once your out the door and they have already charged you when they make a mistake. Sad too, because overall, we really did enjoy the park but the amount of time, effort and calls it took to resolve an issue from their end resulted in a much more expensive and stressful "vacation" than it was worth.
Also to note, one of the main attractions was down for repairs for a few weeks and it probably is something they should note as my grandson was too big for the toddler section but too short for any of the main rides. He was perfectly sized for all the slides and features in the middle grouped attraction an it was closed for the entirety of our trip. If we would have known he would be excluded from almost 100% of the rides for his stay, we would have rescheduled, but instead we had no idea and nothing we could do about it. This wasn't a deal breaker to having fun, but it severely cut the value of what we received from our trip as well.
In conclusion, overall would love to go back and hopefully everything was working or at least we know to check and reschedule if it isn't now, but since the cost of them making a huge clerical error tripled the overall cost of our trip, it seems lackluster in value. Top that with the poor response form corporate and their in house management showing a obvious lack of care for their customers to even keep them up on what was done about the mistakes means they are on our "Not a good experience" and negative referral list. Wish it was otherwise but that was up to them and they chose that.

Date of stay: September 2022