Lowest prices for your stay
US$91
View deal
Hotels.com
Expedia
Vio.com
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2019

I had second thoughts about staying at the Candlewood Suites since I had heard of some that were out of date and bad attitude; they proved me wrong. The entire staff is exceptional and very accommodating. Everyone at the front office, the housekeeping staff, the maintenance people, the night audit clerks, are all professional and friendly. The hotel is convenient to Disneyland and the Lyft ride was about $10 one way. The room was very clean and all of the appliances worked. There is a nostalgic VHS player in the room and I am thinking that is working too. I need to come back there again and bring my VHS tapes of old baseball games to use it. I will return to this hotel as it is a great alternative to the overpriced and understaffed hotels near and in close proximity to the Happiest Place on Earth. This Candlewood is exceptional. Thank you.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Tony L
Reviewed 20 May 2019

Wow i was very surprised. The hotel smelled so fresh and clean in the hallways. My room was excellent. I even had a dvd player to watch movies. I was very surprised. The staff was quick in getting us into our rooms as well. There was a convenience store next door as well.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Archie K
Reviewed 17 May 2019

This was a good location (close to Disneyland, about 10-15 minutes drive) and a fully equipped 2 room suite that was clean and tidy. The "average" rating is due to the tired appearance of the property and the room - even though it was nice and clean. The common corridor had a strange smell, but the room was fine. Even though it's on a very busy road the noise doesn't bother you unless you open the windows. It was a good place to stay for a family as you can do your own cooking and there's room to relax - tvs in both rooms etc. The staff were amazing! So friendly and helpful :-)

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DottyChickpea
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta Simply Suites Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2019

Hi DottyChickpea,

I'm so glad that we were able to provide good and affordable accommodation for you. I was just quite concerned to read your comments about the appearance of our hotel and room as well as the smell in the corridor. Sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused and I will make sure to let our team know about your concerns for improvements on our end.

Thank you for staying and for the feedback and I hope we get to be your home base again on your next visit to Disneyland.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 February 2019

We were on a Mother Daughter trip to Disnyland and we wanted to avoid the high priced(but convenient) hotels surrounding the Park so we opted for Candlewood Suites in Garden Grove. You know that feeling when you walk into a hotel room and you just know that it is going to be a great stay or just ho hum or worse--well I found the room lovely and clean===a full kitchen set up
2 burner stove/hob,toaster,small pot, full size fridge,eating utensils, sppoons, knives etc.
coffee maker, measuring jug, microwave, full set of dishes, dishwasher even a roll of paper towels which I thought was a great touch. :) also miscellanous Tupperware like containers.
Bathroom was clean with 100% percent cotton towels. shamppo, conditioner and shower gel.
Fantastic U-shaped desk with plenty of electrical outlets---great for plugging in all that tech.
Hotel is about 10=15 minutes drive to Anaheim. Surrounding the hotel there are gas stations and fast food outlets but we had everything we needed.
Hotel staff were all very friendly especially the manager Stephanie. We would definately stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 14 February 2019 via mobile

We used this hotel while attending a conference at the Anaheim convention centre. It is roughly a 10 minute car ride away, but because of that good value. The rooms are a little tired but the service was excellent.

Date of stay: January 2019