“Overpriced Tasty Food”
Review of Oaxaca Grill

Oaxaca Grill
Ranked #37 of 192 Restaurants in Eureka
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Oaxaca Grill is a family owned and operated Mexican Restaurant in Friendly Henderson Center. They offer a verity of meat and vegetarian dishes. You will also find warm homemade corn or flour tortillas and if you’re feeling like you just want a bowl of soup or salad they got you covered too!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited soon after their Grand Opening and it was extremely busy. The waitstaff did a good job getting around to people and taking drink and food orders. They are trying too hard to be a high-end establishment. They are very 'proud' of their food as it is on the high end of the price schedule, yet the portions are small. Tasty...very tasty, but I spent $20 for one meal, one beer, and a tip and I was still hungry. My biggest complaint is their Salsa portions. Their salsa is delish and I enjoyed it, but they are very 'stingy' in their salsa portion size. I had to request refills multiple times and while the staff was quick to take drink orders, they were quite slow on salsa refills. Doesn't make sense as it's not a high value item. Bottom line - I will not be back. Better food, better service, and better prices in Eureka for Mexican Food.

Maribel P, Owner at Oaxaca Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the review. We are very sorry it didn’t work for you. We just recently increased our prices after 8 years but we will work on our portion sizes. Thank you again!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

A friend and I decided to choose a restaurant we could walk to, and we chose Oaxaca Grill in Henderson Center. Wow, we chose right. Normally, I reserve 5 stars for the very expensive high end restaurants, but the food was delicious and affordable.

We both chose the bowl, which is like a burrito or tostada without the tortilla or tostada shell. The plating was done beautifully and each item tasted delicious. They put a nice scoop of guacamole and sour cream, crispy lettuce, Pico de Gallo, cilantro, and the salsa was also great. It comes with rice, but my friend and I both chose not to get rice (again to keep it lower in carbs).

The nice gentleman was very welcoming and service was excellent. Nice to re-discover this nice Oaxaca Grill Mexican restaurant I had not visited for a long time, and it is within walking distance. Since we had horrible service and a terrible experience at the other Mexican restaurant in Henderson Center, we will never go back to that other place. Here at Oaxaca, dinner and a generous tip came to $15 each.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

in 2002, we had really two bad dinners @ this location, so we never returned and started giving our business to two other good Mexican restaurants in Eureka. Well, about 3 months ago we decided, what the hell, let's check it out. This time, we had a delicious meal! My wife had fish tacos with mango salsa, while I had carnitas. Their salad bar is fresh, with plentiful options. Service was quick and the atmosphere not too noisy even thought the place was full. We told our server [Antonio, also the owner] about our prior bad experience compared to this great meal. Well, Antonio told us he bought the restaurant about 15 years ago, which explains the contrast in dining experiences. We've returned three times since November, and every time it's been a great meal. It's become our go-to Mexican restaurant, especially since another neighborhood restaurant now focuses on take-out orders and the service for drop-in diners is very slow. Good job, Oaxaca Grill.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Good service and selection. Excellent mole (molay) The server was the owner and was very friendly and helpful. Second time eating there

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We read the reviews, and seeing it was a small family run business convinced us to go. Boy are we glad we did. The garlic shrimp tacos were to die for. Fish tacos delish. Home made chips and salsa. A great soup opener. Wonderful!