1,485 results
All reviewsvue restaurantvalet parkingpublic parkdana point harborbreakfast buffetper nightvalet servicebeautiful locationocean viewself parkking bednice propertyadult poolroom ratesmall balconysan diegobusiness meeting
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel has great location in Dana Point. The rooms are ok. The hotel is being remodeled and we stayed at one of the newly remodeled rooms. The bathroom and shower are nice, bed is comfy and it has laminate or vinal flooring rather than nasty carpet. That’s great but the person above us was walking with high hills and we can hear them walking around their room . Check in staff was curious and attentive. My biggest issue I have is the venue. We did our annual school gala, which I was one of the chairs for. Our rep at the hotel was terrible, she didn’t know anything and we had to keep bugging her for answers. During our event, there was also another business conference going on at the same time, a wedding and a graduation. Can I just tell you that this hotel is small and can not accommodate all this events at once. The business folks were on our way the whole time and the hotel didn’t do anything about it. We needed to start setting up at noon and one of our imporyrooms wasn’t available until few hours before our gala started. The bars they have us for the event were terrible and our guests kept leaving going to the hotel main bar to get their drinks. We were very disappointed with the whole organization and I would never go back there to do any events again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank calikanes2017
LCMRS, Staff at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for hosting your event with our resort for your annual school gala! We take pride in ensuring all events through the resort are flawless for you and your attendees.

Please note your event was of utmost priority and were the only event in our ballroom that evening. The Resort does feature other food and beverage outlets that guests can enjoy (Vue and OverVue), which is where these other events may have taken place.

We hope your event was a success for the school and your attendees, and we do appreciate being a part of such an important gala event for your school.

Thank you!

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I travel a lot and am super picky with my Hotels.....this location was absolutely wonderful, clean, great location and great restaurants and spa! I highly recommend this hotel! Just wish the weather would have cooperated more...you will not be disappointed with this location be aware that there is some partial room renovations going on.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
LCMRS, Staff at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for your comments! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Stopped at Laguna for one night of business at this great resort. From the moment you see the scenery surrounding the property and the genuine welcome greetings of the reception you know you got the right place. Room is new, good in size and very clean. I used the fitness center which is a bit outdated but the hotel is renovating a new one from what I understand. The SPA was great to use. Overall would definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank AmirHY

Thank you for your positive comments! We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We stayed in room 4008 in the San Juan Capistrano wing, and could not have been happier. The hotel was booked to capacity, yet the rooms were very quiet. Check in was fast and friendly, the room was airy and the bed was great. It has a large screen TV in the room, buy why you would look at it with the great view of the ocean is beyond me. The bathroom is well layed out, and the lighting on the mirror was outstanding. Roomy walk in shower. Check out was easy via the on-screen button.

We would recommend this location to anyone

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
LCMRS, Staff at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Laguna Cliffs Resort & Spa! Thank you for taking the time to share your review and for complimenting our guestrooms and property views. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

This hotel is in an excellent location. Views are exceptional. The white roses near the Adirondack Chairs are beautiful. The pool area and grounds are well maintained.

Valet and check-in experience worked well. The mobile valet feature was a nice touch and definitely speeded in the retrieval of our vehicle. Newly designed rooms are nice. The carpets have been removed and the beds are extremely comfortable. The remodel team did a nice job on the rooms.

My one huge complaint is that we choose this resort for the spa facilities. The spa has very limited hours. Something like 9:30am to 6pm on a regular day. On Sunday, late afternoon, I went to the spa to check out the facilities. Did a quick tour and they looked nice. Knowing that the spa would be closing soon, I said I'd be back the following day. I showed up at 9:30 to enjoy the spa only to learn that no one was there to open the spa. At 10:00am a woman opened the spa to five individuals waiting to get in. On Monday April 23rd 2018 I was told the spa was closed. I was agitated since this was a factor in choosing this property. The spa employee (perhaps the manager) was rude and said that I should have been told at reception. I told her I had stopped in the night before and told the day employee I would be back in the morning. NO mention by anyone that the spa would be closed for the day. No mention online, at check-in, in the room, or on at the spa facilities. It was especially unpleasant witnessing the lackluster attitude of the spa employee. Very unprofessional.

So overall, the resort was nice. Just be cautious of the spa and limited hours of many of the services.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dolsen-Texas
LCMRS, Staff at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our Laguna Cliffs Resort & Spa. We appreciate your compliments towards our property and our staff, and are happy to hear you enjoyed your guestroom. Due to an unexpected repair, our Spa was closed on Monday, April 23. This was a one-time occurrence, and normally our Spa is open everyday (seven days a week). We sincerely apologize and regret that this information was not delivered to you in a timely manner for your convenience. As you can imagine, it is our daily intent to ensure each guest’s stay is enjoyable, relaxing and a memorable experience and we regret these shortfalls put a damper on your stay.