1,485 results
All reviewsvue restaurantvalet parkingpublic parkdana point harborbreakfast buffetper nightvalet servicebeautiful locationocean viewself parkking bednice propertyadult poolroom ratesmall balconysan diegobusiness meeting
Reviewed 24 March 2018

This resort, like most, charges hefty fees for parking and resort. But the grounds are so beautiful and the amenities so delightful that a short stay doesn't make that huge a dent in the pocket book.

The lobby spaces are on a par with the level we have come to expect from a Marriott resort level property and the people we encountered were helpful and pleasant. And the location! The views just never got tiring.

Marriott was a high bidder on some of the artists' painted elephants (they have 2) that culminated the competition and fund raiser to save the elephants in 2013. The curbside assistant gave us all the background on their 2 delightful acquisitions.

We recently finished a visit to Hotel del Coronado and, although the interior does not resemble its older inspiration, the red-roofed exterior certainly has that vibe.

Because we are avid hikers and walkers, the stairs down to the marina were not a hinderance for us and the proximity to Doheny Beach (a true gem) was a big bonus. For those inclined to do a little hiking, a really nice path to San Juan Capistrano begins at the Doheny lifeguard station and continues along the creek.

Nice location, lots to do, and great views.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank on_the_go_98765
LCMRS, Staff at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our resort and the beautiful views that surround our location! We look forward to welcoming you back soon and creating more memories for you in the future!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed at this Marriott in the past and have had fairly good experiences. This time, not so much. While the grounds are still beautiful, the room was more run down, with marks all over the walls , stained worn out carpet etc. we were given a room on the first floor and were told that they were doing some renovations which could be heard from that room. They said it was from 9 am to 5 pm. I said that was fine, however at 7:55 the next morning the jackhammering started. When I called the manager she offered to take my resort fee off. What a disappointment. The management clearly isn’t focused on customer service. I sincerely doubt I will come back here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jabc5
LCMRS, Staff at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive comments regarding your recent stay at our property. We were delighted that you have stayed with us in the past and to have you as our continued guest; however, please allow us to extend our sincere apologies for the unacceptable maintenance of your guest room. Please be assured this incident has been addressed with our Director of Housekeeping so he can personally review this guestroom with his team and provide the appropriate training to ensure this does not happen again in the future. We hope you understand that the upkeep of our guestrooms is of the utmost importance and we have a detailed maintenance program in place to ensure the quality and cleanliness of each guestroom is always of the highest satisfaction to our guests. We usually receive fine compliments from our guests and hope that you look upon this isolated experience as outside of the norm. It is our daily intent to ensure each guest's stay is above and beyond their expectations and we regret these shortfalls put a damper on your visit. We truly hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

If one is planning to be on the water from Dana Point harbor, this is an ideal location. Marina, charter boats and tour boats very close by, as well as many restaurants. Whale watching tours are walking distance; I recommend Capt Dave’s.
The hotel is nice, adequate amenities, good views and pleasant staff.
If the southern Cal beaches are your desire, perhaps considering staying on Laguna or near Aliso instead.
There is some hiking nearby.
Valet parking and resort fee add up, so be aware of these extra charges

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe Y
Ellie A, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for your recent review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and the kind words about our Resort's location and staff.

I hope your travels will bring you back to our resort in the future so we may have another opportunity to welcome you the the Laguna Cliffs.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I was a guest here overnight, and also volunteering my time and money supporting a charity event recently. The front desk staff was great. The bar staff was friendly and great during our lunch. I had a lovely chat with the F&B Manager during my lunch, she was amazing. Unfortunately the rest of the management was curt, petty, unwelcoming and far from accommodating. One manager in particular, Brandon, was unnecessarily difficult, and made the mistake of treating myself and other volunteers like we were not his concern. Little did he know, we were all hotel guests as well. I was not alone with my feelings regarding the overall tone from management. It left such a bad taste in my mouth, that I didn't even stay the night, and just went home after the event. Never again, will I volunteer for this event if it will be held at this resort, and I certainly will never set foot on the property again. It is a shame, because in several years past, I enjoyed the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Triper5554
LCMRS, Staff at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you for your recent review and compliments regarding our Front Desk staff and F&B Manager. We regret that you were not satisfied with the services you received from one of our Managers. We can assure you that our staff is very professional and attentive to all guest needs and we do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We found everyone on staff to be friendly, professional and extremely helpful. Check-in was a breeze. Valets wore smiles well. All seemed like they genuinely liked what they do and enjoyed helping clients and each other.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business