1,498 results
All reviews vue restaurant valet parking public park dana point harbor breakfast buffet per night valet service beautiful location ocean view self park king bed nice property adult pool small balcony boogie boards business meeting pool staff
Reviewed 2 December 2017

I'm more of a boutique hotel person than huge Marriott property lover. But, I do like this hotel when I come to OC. I will say that I do feel nickel and dimed here as they charge for absolutely everything and offer very little, if anything complimentary. I travel here often on business and I sometimes opt to stay at other places just because I don't feel like every sneeze is being charged. But, I do like the comfort of the location and everyone is friendly. The lobby restaurant is also enjoyable.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Yes, we were looking forward to a relaxing time in our short two day stay. We arrived and received our key from nice woman at the desk. The room was small but the bed looked nice and comfortable. The furniture looked a little haphazard and looked as if three hotels had been combined to creat decor. I like it cool in my room when I sleep so I turned on the aur conditioner. The air turned on and started to cool the room. We settled in since it was late. At about 3:00-4:00 am the air turned off & stopped working. I called down to the desk to report the breakdown. The fron desk offered to send up maintenance person but that didn’t sound as good as trying to get more sleep. The next mourning after the over priced and not so good breakfast, I went to the front desk to see what they could do about the air conditioning & my incovienance. They offered to give me another room. I asked “if they could guarantee that air would work”, and they said no. I said “for the price I’m paying for my room I should have air that works.” I asked then what they were going to do to compensate me? They said they would remove $20. Hotel tax...........I was shocked and decided I was going to cancel my stay for the remainder and leave. Their hotel could be good if price was better but for price they charge they need to step up the quality & service. I left and stayed at Hyatt Place hotel & had a better stay for less than half the price Next time I want to stay at a hotel in that price range I’ll go ahead and stay at the Regent or Ritz. This hotel just doesn’t cut it.

Room tip: Go someplace else for a good room.
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank April H
LCMRS, Staff at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you for your recent review. Thank you for your compliments regarding our comfortable beds. We do regret that the air conditioning was not working for part of your stay. We understand that you did not want our maintenance team to assist in the matter and we do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. Our goal is to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as we can. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Had a very nice trip to Dana Point to relax and see family. The outside property and views are five star and will make you want to come back. The rooms were good and kept clean, but could use some updating. There was rust on the bathroom counter tops and some of the tile dated, but overall very good and if they get that updated as well as the parking situation squared away this could be a five star property. It was nice that they had surf boards available for use as part of the resort fees. The staff was friendly and helpful and it was an easy in and out. The location is wonderful and an easy walk down to the Dana Point Harbor where there are shops and restaurants. Our family will come again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
LCMRS, Staff at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy that you were able to take advantage of our resort amenities however, please allow us to extend our sincere apologies for the unacceptable maintenance of your guestroom. As you can imagine, the upkeep of our guestrooms is of the utmost importance and we have a detailed maintenance program in place to ensure the quality and cleanliness of each guestroom is always of the highest quality. Usually we receive many fine compliments from our guests and we hope you will look upon this as an isolated incident and not the norm. It is our daily intent to ensure each guest’s stay is enjoyable, relaxing and a memorable experience and we regret these shortfalls put a damper on your visit to our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Went for a long thanksgiving weekend
Try to book spa appt online before arrival could only book one type, booked a specific massues. When I arrived at the spa told them about booking issues and was told its really not the way to book appt. then was told my massuese was off that day and when i showed the reservation. I got a “told you so”about booking online. Next is the the rooms housekeeping. I was there for three nights never removed my banana peels, used plastic cups, coffee cups can of soda from the mini bar which funny that was charged very promptly Not that In expect them to pick up my clothes but every hotel I stay in usually folds the clothes left out on bed or chair barely got the bed made . Next pool side service... again this is a resort, chairs were great and thats where it ends any pool side service drinks or food you have to get up walk to grab a menu. Then pick up what looks like an emergency fire phone place your order then wait. Now sitting poolside at a resort cocktails should be pretty standard fair not here. This hotel/resort was sad. I have never writen a bad review but after spending $1k for 3 night stay at a resort i had to help myself at needed to share. When informed them at check out i got a sorry to hear that and left
I travel alot and am a Marriot gold elite etc etc. might need to rethink marriot for p
ersonal and all my companies business bookings

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank magiurici
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa. We regret having fallen short of your expectations, as well as our own. Our team prides itself on addressing the needs of each guest we encounter to ensure they have a pleasant stay. Your comments will be shared with our team to help us improve upon any shortfalls or inconsistencies. Our Resort is synonymous with providing an exceptional experience for our guests, we certainly hope you'll reconsider giving Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa another opportunity in the future to restore your faith.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

The Laguna Cliffs Resort exceeded my expectations immediately. We are only on day 1 but felt compelled to comment. The check-in was BY FAR the most welcoming experience our family has ever received from a hotel. My 3 little girls were given stuffed animals 7 steps in the front door. Every employee from the bell hops to front desk were quick to welcome with big smiles. Tiffany and Thea at the front desk were total pros and did everything to make sure we were set for a great family weekend getaway. The grounds are immaculate, my girls were swimming butterfly in the pool and we played ping pong and pitted on the green and are looking forward to Bocce tomorrow. Both the bar and restaurant look very inviting and the views are so relaxing.
We totally scored with this gem of a Marriott property.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Frazier5
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are delighted to hear that our staff not only met but exceeded your expectations. We couldn't be happier that your weekend getaway was perfect from the moment you checked in. Thank you for your compliments and we do hope to welcome you back again soon.