1,498 results
All reviews vue restaurant valet parking public park dana point harbor breakfast buffet per night valet service beautiful location ocean view self park king bed nice property adult pool small balcony boogie boards business meeting pool staff
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Went for a long thanksgiving weekend
Try to book spa appt online before arrival could only book one type, booked a specific massues. When I arrived at the spa told them about booking issues and was told its really not the way to book appt. then was told my massuese was off that day and when i showed the reservation. I got a “told you so”about booking online. Next is the the rooms housekeeping. I was there for three nights never removed my banana peels, used plastic cups, coffee cups can of soda from the mini bar which funny that was charged very promptly Not that In expect them to pick up my clothes but every hotel I stay in usually folds the clothes left out on bed or chair barely got the bed made . Next pool side service... again this is a resort, chairs were great and thats where it ends any pool side service drinks or food you have to get up walk to grab a menu. Then pick up what looks like an emergency fire phone place your order then wait. Now sitting poolside at a resort cocktails should be pretty standard fair not here. This hotel/resort was sad. I have never writen a bad review but after spending $1k for 3 night stay at a resort i had to help myself at needed to share. When informed them at check out i got a sorry to hear that and left
I travel alot and am a Marriot gold elite etc etc. might need to rethink marriot for p
ersonal and all my companies business bookings

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank magiurici
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa. We regret having fallen short of your expectations, as well as our own. Our team prides itself on addressing the needs of each guest we encounter to ensure they have a pleasant stay. Your comments will be shared with our team to help us improve upon any shortfalls or inconsistencies. Our Resort is synonymous with providing an exceptional experience for our guests, we certainly hope you'll reconsider giving Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa another opportunity in the future to restore your faith.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

The Laguna Cliffs Resort exceeded my expectations immediately. We are only on day 1 but felt compelled to comment. The check-in was BY FAR the most welcoming experience our family has ever received from a hotel. My 3 little girls were given stuffed animals 7 steps in the front door. Every employee from the bell hops to front desk were quick to welcome with big smiles. Tiffany and Thea at the front desk were total pros and did everything to make sure we were set for a great family weekend getaway. The grounds are immaculate, my girls were swimming butterfly in the pool and we played ping pong and pitted on the green and are looking forward to Bocce tomorrow. Both the bar and restaurant look very inviting and the views are so relaxing.
We totally scored with this gem of a Marriott property.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Frazier5
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are delighted to hear that our staff not only met but exceeded your expectations. We couldn't be happier that your weekend getaway was perfect from the moment you checked in. Thank you for your compliments and we do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

we came here several times and we enjoy always the good food on the terrasse and the great view from there.
when sitting inside: the air-condition is very cold. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel/resort is one of my all time favorites. The view from the hotel overlooking the ocean is fabulous.
The grounds feature beautiful flowers and the pools are wonderful. The fireplace inside the lobby offers a great place to relax and watch the fire.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank James C

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are delighted to hear that we are your favorite resort of all time! Thank you for your wonderful compliments. We cannot wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Summary:
(1) The staff is extremely polite but not empowered to address, let alone remedy, any problems you might have during your stay.
(2) The room descriptions are a blatant lie, borderline fraud (see attached pic).
(3) The hotel and room interiors feel like an old Vegas hotel that has fallen from grace.
(4) Grounds are pretty

I booked a room at Laguna Cliffs because I was attending a friend's wedding. After seeing all the pictures online, I decided to turn it into a mini-vacation. I had booked my room 2 months in advance and opted for their third most expensive option (out of 4 available) which was described as "partial ocean view". This room cost ~$100 more per night than their base rate and ~$50 / night than their pool view. I'm attaching a picture of what partial ocean view means according to Marriott management.
There was also an incident where their dry cleaning service had a strict cutoff, which I could have easily made, had the staff informed me about it when I asked them (twice) about their dry cleaning service during check in. So now I had to spend my entire day going around Orange County shopping for a suit. Again, everyone involved was extremely pleasant but not willing/able to provide any solution.
Same with the alarm that went off for 45 minutes.

On the positive side, the grounds are truly beautiful and the burger at the bar is not bad at all.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
LCMRS, Staff at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received. Our job is not only to meet the guest’s expectations but to exceed them. We value your opinion and comments greatly and we take every review seriously, we will be addressing your concerns with our team. Our Resort is synonymous with providing an exceptional experience for our guests, so we were happy to hear you felt the food was lovely at the restaurant and that you enjoyed the beautiful scenery of the property. We certainly thank you again and we hope that you visit us again in the future.