• Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
1,464 results
All reviewsvue restaurantvalet parkingdana point harborpublic parkbreakfast buffetper nightvalet serviceocean viewbeautiful locationsouthern californiaself parkking bednice propertyroom ratesmall balconysan diegobusiness meeting
Reviewed 25 October 2017

This hotel is in a convenient location for exploring the region. We had a very nice 2nd floor room with a small balcony and nice ocean view. The hotel does cater to small conferences and weddings so you can expect some noise and "activity" if your visit co-incides. The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017

So let me start with all the good things.
This is in a fantastic location in Dana Point with amazing views across the harbor and out to see. We were lucky to have an ocean front room with a patio so the space was excellent. Looked like some of the side views maybe more restricted.
It is an easy walk down to the harbor where there are some good restaurants and just nice to walk around. Also very close to the beach and, if you head the other way, well worth walking up to the Bluff Head Trail which has great views.
The resort itself is very smart with a spacious reception area and a nice bar with, if you sit outside, great views. The restaurant looked nice but with so many others nearby we decided to walk out. We used one of the pools that was really good. Nice temperature and great sun loungers. Didn't go to the gym, as we opted for a long walk instead, but looks good.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.
So here are the points that. for me, let it down.
$37/day for valet parking is ridiculous and there is no option. This is just exploitation and what makes it worse is that when we were leaving I rang down 5 minutes ahead of needing my car. It wasn't there when we arrived and we stood for a couple of minutes before asking where it was only to be told that nobody had gone to get it yet! If you're going to charge Marriott then please offer a first class service. More preferable would be to offer a self park option....I don't need someone to park my car thanks.
$25/day resort fee. What is that for? Apparently internet which, as a platinum member i get for free anyway, and use of the facilities. That's a lot of money for 2 hours by a swimming pool. Marriott, add this into the room rate as you do with every other Marriott I stay in.
Price of Starbucks - I had an Americano, fruit with yogurt and Granola and a banana for the ridiculous amount of $18. I stayed at a Marriott Courtyard outside Boston two weeks ago, had exactly the same breakfast from the Starbucks at the hotel and it cost me $9!!
And lastly the toilet seat in our bathroom didn't fir on straight...small point but for the price it really ought to.
So in summary we loved this hotel for the location, the great views and the staff but I HATE to be ripped off and the parking and resort charge really frustrated me. Marriott, please review these charges.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and have a full sea view with a walk out patio
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David J
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I really wanted to like this property. From senior staff to restaurant/bar personnel to concierge to check in to housekeeping to parking, all were personable and helpful. Food and drinks were good, delicious even in several cases. Sheets were luxurious.

However...
There are places that are worn and in need of repair. Some were mechanical issues. Some were a missing drape or holes in another. Dirty couch. Uncomfortable bed (2 different rooms).

For $400+ a night each room, + $37 & tip for parking, $15/day for Internet each room, etc etc - in my book, that just shouldn't be.

The coup de gras was a party and/or wedding not far from our room. There was no getting away from the EXTREMELY LOUD MUSIC. (I'm shouting because that's about what we had to do to be heard in our own room.)

We've been told this section will be renovated soon but honestly, unless they move the tent that appears stationery, I'm unclear what good that will do on that last front.

Will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
LCMRS, Staff at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for your review and kind comments about our staff. As you can imagine, the upkeep of our guestrooms is of the utmost importance. The property has a detailed maintenance program in place to ensure the quality and cleanliness of each guestroom is always of the highest quality. We do understand that you came during a busy time and we are fortunate to have these busy weekends, we regret though that it wasn't the quiet you were looking for. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

rooms good but could use a refresh

pool areas good but could be improved by better in week service/clearer telephone instructions

vue lounge very good and fine location and views .Vue restaurant not so(poor menu and sloppy staff)

room service very good

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I stated a lot of Marriott properties. This property has a fantastic location and the rooms facing the ocean all have a partial view with the trees blocking most of the view to the south. The bar scene was very active on a Friday and a Saturday night. The rooms are small but the rooms facing the ocean all have a really have a decent view. The service was reliable and friendly. The facility is within walking distance of the beach, harbor and some local restaurants and shops. We had a very nice stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your 4-Star review! We are glad that you could experience a variety of things to see and do in and around our hotel. Thank you again for letting us know you enjoyed the service during your stay, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.