2,582 results
All reviews club level the ritz carlton raya restaurant market place ocean view fire pit outdoor bar salt creek beach beautiful location the cliff spectacular views fitness center watch the sunset southern california boogie boards business meeting luxury hotel
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I treated my husband to a surprise trip to California for his 40th Birthday - I did not know anything about it - someone just told me it was fabulous. We spent money beyond our budget because it was a special occasion - 30 years later - this is a memory we will never forget. On the concierge floor - incredible arched window views of the ocean and the dolphins . . .morning champagne breakfasts enjoyed with no makeup on in your bathrobe from the club area overlooking the ocean with other guests enjoying the view . . .afternoon tea and snacks after a round of golf. . first in line reservations from an Italian Restaurant that was packed . . late night chocolates and after dinner drinks in the circular lounge on our floor with people who were so interesting . . . Now at age 71, I hope that I can rebook at age 75 to recreate the magic!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RCLagunaNiguel, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for spending such a momentous occasion with us. We are so appreciative of your loyalty to our resort. It would be our pleasure to serve you and your husband on his 75th birthday and recreate the wonderful, luxury experience you had years ago. Our ladies and gentlemen will eagerly await your return to Dana Point.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

The location cannot be beat. Service was exceptional. Easy walk or trolly down to beach. Ritz provides chairs, towels, and umbrellas at the beach, which was very convenient. Can even leave the chairs on beach when done (bring up towels).

Staff was all super friendly and helpful. Pools were nice. Only complaint was the rooms themselves were outdated and probably the least nice out of the RC’s I have stayed at (Dorado, half moon bay, Boston). If they redo those eventually, it may be perfect. Location is awesome.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathan P
RCLagunaNiguel, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience. We are delighted to hear our perfect location overlooking the Pacific, as well as our accommodating beachside service, made your stay a memorable one. We would welcome the opportunity to share with you our upcoming room enhancement plans. Please contact our Executive Office for details. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

My husband treated me to an overnight stay at this beautiful location to celebrate my recent birthday as my family and I are fond of the Ritz Carlton properties. We were in Southern california visiting family and he thought it would be a nice surprise and that it was!

From even before our arrival we were accomodated and were made to feel extra special. Not only were we upgraded as a thanks for our stay on a special occasion, we were allowed to check in several hours early and they were able to accommodate a 2pm checkout.
Upon arriving to our room, a short cake was set out with a nice happy birthday note. I thought it was very thoughtful.

The room itself was nicely set up and the terrace had a beautiful view. The closet space was slightly small but since we weren't staying for too long, it wasn't an issue.
The bathroom was spacious, the robes fluffy and the marble was nicely maintained. The only complaint I have about the bathroom is that my son got stuck in the bathroom because the door was somewhat difficult to open.

Once there we had set up an appointment with the photography concierge as we have a yearly tradition of doing summer pictures at whatever resort we are staying.

The photoshoot was so much fun! Most people dread photographing children and families because it's so hard to coordinate. Debbie our photographer however, was lively, engaging and fun to work with. She chatted up my son from anything from camera angles to Star Wars. My children are smiling in every one of them because she had them in stitches.
The actual selection of our packages was smooth, Kendall was very patient and always tried to keep in mind which package was best suited for our needs. We ended up selecting one of the larger packages because we just couldn't pick a few.
The one thing that was disappointing was that in the evening as we were winding down, we wanted order the "Movie night" package (i.e. family friendly rented movie, snacks,drinks) but the system was down.
All in all, I highly recommend this property for a nice, relaxing, luxurious California vacation and I also cannot say enough good things about the staff at Pacific Dream Photography, together they made my birthday a wonderful, memorable experience!

Room tip: Defnitely higher floor and away from the terraces as it seems like there's always an event
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, Happy Birthday! Thank you for spending this special occasion at our resort. We appreciate your candid feedback, and hope to spend many more special occasions with you in the future. If we may be of assistance any time, please contact our Executive Offices. It would be our pleasure to hear from you.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for the first part of our honeymoon and were very pleased with this decision. We were welcomed into the hotel with congratulations on our recent marriage and were treated amazingly. Our fireside ocean view room was the perfect place to relax and take in the ocean air and view. The box of s’mores for us to cook via our fire was a nice touch! The staff was always friendly and very accommodating of any requests that we had. Look forward to a return visit in the future.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RCLagunaNiguel, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Congratulations on your wedding and thank you for choosing to spend such a special time with us. We are so pleased that our breathtaking ocean views and the personalized service of our ladies and gentlemen made your experience luxurious and unforgettable. We would be honored to celebrate more special occasions with you in the future!

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

The Ritz here at Dana Point is one of my favorite properties. The view from the balcony is amazing and the rooms are very nice with, of course, the famous Ritz Carlton bed and pillows. You must ask for 4th floor ocean side. There is an additional cost but you will not be disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mike B
RCLagunaNiguel, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is wonderful to hear that our 4th floor ocean view room made waking up at Salt Creek Beach a memory to keep forever. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!