All reviews activities center dining room table one bedroom unit full kitchen timeshare property san juan capistrano the pacific coast highway beach toys pedestrian bridge dana point harbor hot tub short drive ping pong flat screen restaurants within walking distance the staff was friendly and helpful ocean side
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Took a week to visit CA.. Booked a one bedroom at Riviera Beach and Shores Resort.
Had a view of the Pacific Ocean which was great. Rooms are nice, not great. Staff very friendly and help full. To windy/cold to try the outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2017

I traded using Interval International, which I've never had a problem with before. II confirmed our room July 18 for our stay November 11, however Riveria Beach had NOO reservation until that day we arrived. HELLO..Not sure how they can operate like this, only giving you a 48hr window. They kept telling me that if you have a confirmation from II you have a place to stay which didn't give me a warm & fuzzy. The room once we got there was nice, however if your bringing Kids, not Furniture friendly. Glass tables with sharp edges, we had to put them away so the kids wouldn't run into them. We had NO view except of Black Tarp outside our room. It's kinda obvious that we already own a timeshare if we used II to trade, however Diamond Resorts called us 5x while we were there for a presentation. I told them You really don't want me there right now as I'm not happy with the trading policy you have. They were not equipped for people staying more than 3 days, we had to ask for more trash bags, we had no soap for dishwasher, no laundry soap, no spounge to wash dishes, they brought up everything immediately but you would think the room would be ready for a stay of 7 days as they knew our reservation for 1 week. The ocean is right across the street which was nice. My daughter & son in law did the bike riding which they had a great time, but not much to do there to keep you entertained if you are not leaving the property. We left to Lego Land & Disneyland so we were ok.

Room Tip: If your not an owner you wont get a ocean view room !!! They told us only members can get Ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Diamond R, Manager at Riviera Beach Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for choosing Riviera Beach and Spa to deliver you an exceptional vacation. We understand how these events could have altered your view, and we hope despite these events you enjoyed a pleasant visit. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Ocean view. Unit is good size and has everything we need. All staff have been very nice. Easy access to I-5 and various destinations. Grocery stores just a few miles away also. Road noise could be a problem for sleeping, so you may want to shut the windows. Highway in front. Easy parking. So far, we are very pleased

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I 'traded in' to Riviera Beach and Spa Resort (Capistrano Beach, CA) through Interval International. My exchange certificate was dated January 20, 2017. I was SHOCKED to find out two (2) days before my arrival (10/13/17) that I did NOT have ocean view accommodations and that anyone trading in will never have ocean view accommodations. I asked what I could do in order to get ocean view accommodations and was told NOTHING. I offered to pay for the view and was told no. They also advised I would be on the 2nd floor and my view would be looking at a WALL. I asked if I could be moved higher and was told I had a 5% chance of getting the 4th floor. At check in I was placed on the 3rd floor. The 'wall' is covered with black plastic with a note stating something like 'pardon our mess'. Mess! Really!! There did NOT appear that anything was being done about or to this wall. Guessing the wall was probably full of mold since it saw no sunshine! The distance between the balcony and this wall is somewhere between 3-4 feet. The living room couch needs to be replaced from over-use. The cushions are very thin...tried to turn them over thinking it would help. It didn't. The springs were well worn. It was very uncomfortable. In order to close the master bathroom door you had to close the master bedroom door because of the interference or use the bathroom with both doors open! Also very surprised there was NOT a garbage disposal. I'm not going to write any more. The vacation was very disappointing and from this experience I will NEVER trade nor view a DIAMOND RESORTS property. I left the property a day early (10/19/2017). I will be providing this same review to Interval International also. The unit number was 339

Room Tip: Verify you have an west facing (ocean view) room - otherwise you will be facing a WALL!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank DebSanDiego
Diamond R, Manager at Riviera Beach Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Riviera Beach and Spa Resort prides itself on being responsive and accommodating, and when our front desk is notified of any concerns they are more than happy to swiftly address. We acknowledge how these circumstances could have shifted your view on your vacation. The time taken to make us aware of your concerns is deeply appreciated as this assists us to upkeep our resort and will continue to do so, as we strive to provide an extraordinary vacation experience to all members, owners and guests. We do hope that we may get an opportunity to offer you an extraordinary stay in the future, until then we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Great Jacuzzi's, Games, bikes, location, Staff.. No food on site, but room was Great.
Movie by the pool was fun, Ping Pong was great, balcony was fun to sit on and watch the sunset and Happy hour on the 4th floor is Great. S'mores on the Beach was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ocean view was Amazing.. however you can hear the train until 10 or 11 Pm
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family