“Perfect End to Vacation”

Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari
and up
High Speed Zodiac Whale Watching Safari from Dana Point
Ranked #1 of 20 Tours in Dana Point
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale watch with Capt. Dave's Dolphin and Whale Watching Safari in Dana Point on our high-tech sailing catamaran year round, with two Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods. For 20 years Captain Dave's has provided daily trips to see dolphins, up to 10,000 strong, leap and play right off our bow, plus Gray Whales (December through April), Blue Whales (May through November), and year round Humpback Whales, Fin Whales, Minke Whales, and so much more. Go underwater with whales and dolphins without getting wet during your whale watch in our Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods aboard Manute'a. Listen to dolphins during your whale watching safari with our underwater Hydrophone. Celebrity and certified naturalists make this exciting Dana Point whale watching excursion educational and entertaining too. Mrs. Capt. Dave's famous triple-fudge brownies make this a one-of-a-kind dolphin and whale watching adventure unforgettable. We are a real Eco-tourism company providing only sustainable wildlife viewing. Ask about Fast Cat, our upscale Rigid Hull Inflatable Catamaran and the newest boat in our whale watching fleet.
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We spent our last full day of vacation in Dana Point, CA (06/05/2017) to go whale watching. I had been when I was young but my wife and teens had not. We all had a fantastic time and this will always be a memorable time for us. The staff and crew were attentive and friendly. We were able to see a couple of hundred common dolphins, a dozen or so bottle nose dolphin and Fin whale, which was the highlight of the trip. The brownies made by Captain Dave's wife at the end was also very good and a great treat to leave with. I highly recommend doing this when visiting or if you are blessed enough to live there, go again.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We joined Captan Dave and his crew for a glorious morning of whale watching, dolphin viewing, and all around sea life enjoyment. They were knowledgeable, professional, thoughtful and made the morning a complete delight. We were fortunate enough to see countless dolphins that swam in, around, and under the Lily. We happened along on and found a 75 foot fin whale that we were able to observe for quite a while. It was magical.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

My friend Basia Christ, is a frequent flyer at Capt. Daves and this was my second trip with her whale watching. As much as I enjoyed my first tour 10 years ago, this one was even better as we spent quality time with a fin whale! She was magnificent and seemed so serene and relaxed and unconcerned about our oat and cameras.

What I really loved though was the crew who was as excited to share their considerable knowledge with as, as we were to see this creature up close and personal.

To top it off -Capt. Daves tradition of fresh-baked brownies await you when you get ashore.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Once my business conference ended in San Diego I decided to make the short drive to Dana Point to join Captain Dave and the crew for a day on the water. As a repeat customer I was welcomed by a return customer sign and a "goodie bag"!

Once on board my hope of course was to see whales. As wildlife is UNPREDICTABLE you never know what you'll see. We did not see whales but we did see tons of dolphins...bottlenose and common.

Many thanks to the crew for a good afternoon on the water and those wonderful brownies they give to all of the guests at the end of the tour.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

The boat and crew were wonderful! Remember: this is a SAFARI, searching for unpredictable wild animals in their own habitat and weather, so if you're expecting a pre-programmed pseudo 'safari' like at Disney you'll need to adjust.
That being said, we went WAY out, halfway to Catalina chasing an elusive Fin whale that gave us the slip, but Cap'n Tom made sure we got in the midst of a pod of hundreds of dolphins, to the delight of our kids!
We were grateful for jackets/layers, and we missed our sunscreen :( Still - this was the highlight of our time in Dana Point and wouldn't have missed it!