“Don’t like the way I was treated”

Olamendi's Mexican Restaurant
Get food delivered
Ranked #20 of 139 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Established in 1973 by Don Jorge y Doña Maria Olamendi, Olamendi’s Mexican Cuisine is a family owned and operated Mexican Restaurant in Dana Point, CA. We are dedicated to use only the freshest and healthiest ingredients. Our home-made Salsas, Moles and Sauces are based on family recipes that are passed down from generation to generation. WE ALSO HAVE A VEGAN MENU SELECTION! The Olamendi's family has their own Tequila brand. Olamendi's Tequila drinks were voted "Best Cocktail in America" by renown Restaurant Hospitality Magazine in 2014, 2015 and 2016. All of our signature Tequila Cocktails are made with Olamendi's Organic Tequila.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am staying next door at the riviera beach resort. Have eaten there twice on my vacation already. Tried to eat there tonight at 7:45pm, they told me they were closing at 8. Perfectly fine. But I left my car in their parking lot and got a bite next door. They called to have my car towed and as I was leaving the restaurant next door.. I ran into the tow truck attempting to hoist my car. Tow truck driver was as nice as he could be and let me have my car but I will not be back. I used your parking lot for an hour and wanted to eat with you all AGAIN.

Date of visit: January 2023

Reviewed 15 July 2022 via mobile

Really recommend this restaurant, excellent service with exceptionally friendly, helpful and observant staff. A huge variety of mexican dishes on the menu, and everything we ordered was served quickly and was delicious. Great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or even just a snack. Located just a few minutes of the highway in the outskirts of LA, this is a great stop if you are driving on the west coast. The restaurant also has incredibly cool mexican art inside the restaurant, absolutely worth visiting.

Date of visit: July 2022
Reviewed 9 June 2022 via mobile

This iconic restaurant used to be one of my favorites. It is now operated like a fast food restaurant. The only thing that feels like a full-service restaurant are the prices.

Date of visit: June 2022
Reviewed 11 May 2022

Stopped by for dinner tonight since we ended up staying in the area. We were going to stop regardless, because 17 years ago when we stayed next door, we went for dinner and had a great meal. Tonight was just as good. Last time they had servers, but some time over the last 17 years, they went to counter service; you order at the counter and they bring it to you. My wife wasn't very hungry so she had the cheese enchilada which was good. I had the pollo a la Veracruzana, which was the dish they made for Nixon. It was excellent! Prices are not bad and swing by if you are in the area.

Date of visit: May 2022
1  Thank Stu C
Reviewed 26 April 2022

We stayed right next door and ate here twice. The staff was friendly with prompt service. The interior is totally decorated with photo's of President Nixon and other celebrities who have been there. There are extensive decorations with the "Day of the Dead" theme. The food however was a disappointment. It was dry and did not seem very fresh. I saw delivery trucks from Tijuana Produce Co. Hmmm.

Date of visit: April 2022