Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop
Comfort Inn(Bishop)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleantravel lodgeyogurtcontinental breakfastnight staydeath valleythe main streetmammoth lakesfridge and microwavesecond floorgreat place to staynice stayfishing tripstayed one nightroad tripstopsink
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great hotel, very clean, very polite and helpful staff. Breakfast was basic but fresh, and taken in a very pleasant ambiance, good for a stopover in the middle of a long drive. Bishop is very quiet town though

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
tracy383, Cindy M/Front Desk at Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next en route through the Eastern Sierra.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Great stay. Front desk and maid service was great. Location is good and close to all restaurants and most shopping. Could use a few more breakfast items. Sightseeing to the surrounding mountains is less than an hour away.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
tracy383, Cindy M/Front Desk at Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Thank you for the 4 star review and taking the time to review our motel. Our breakfast is continental but does include hard boiled eggs, hot and cold cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt, juices, teas, hot chocolate and hot coffee. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Staff was friendly and efficient. Modest but pleasant and comfortable room. A good value. Easy to find and centrally located. Walking distance to several restaurants. We had a nice view of the mountains from the second floor.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
tracy383, Cindy M/Front Desk at Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our motel. Thank you for the 5 star review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope we see you on your next trip to Bishop!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the lodge for the second time since 2017. All was generally okay despite the rooms being not well noise protected - if your neighbors watch TV, you'll hear it - until my room got broken into and my laptop stolen. The Management was extremely unhelpful and even suggested I had maybe lost the laptop somewhere else, which was plainly offensive, given that the police deemed my testimony trustworthy and opened an official case the very morning.
How a key card secured room can be broken into without damaging the door? I don't know. I'm disappointed at the lodge failing to keep my belongings safe while I was on my way out hiking. No cameras anywhere on the premises...I was not even apologized to nor was an effort made to compensate my loss of more than 1300 Euros (MacBook).
Never again! I can only urge people to consider going there with the current management!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank christianmengel
tracy383, General Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hello Christian,
It is unfortunate that you either loss, misplaced or had your laptop stolen. I, as well as my front desk apologized for your loss when you bought it to our attention the following morning. You had mentioned the last time you knew where you had it for sure was at a local coffee shop that morning and that you checked with them to see if someone may have turned it in. When they told you they didn't, you then told me you knew you had it for sure when you returned to your room before heading back out to go hiking with your friends and then got very angry with me when I said it's possible you left it at the coffee shop and someone could have picked it up and walked out with it. I said I'm sorry it is not my intent to get you angry I'm just trying to find out where you had it last and what could have happened to it. You also told myself and my staff the following day that when you returned to your room late that night after a day of hiking that you found your door slightly ajar. I asked you if you noticed anything missing and you said you didn't check. I not sure why you wouldn't check and why you didn't come to the front desk right away to let us know you found the door ajar. I then mentioned that its a possibility that you did not shut the door completely with which you agreed could have been the case. Again, I'm very sorry for loss.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed in room 103. No table side lamp (only an overhead). Water pressure was terrible. Noisy air conditioner. The building itself is okay and well kept. Continental breakfast was average.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank montereywriter
tracy383, Cindy M/Front Desk at Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We are sorry you were not happy with your stay. Maybe the King with a kitchenette and pull out couch was not the best fit for you on this particular stay. We do offer other types of rooms that may be a better fit and hope you will give us another try on your next trip to Bishop.