“I love this place”
Review of Sailor Jack's

Sailor Jack's
Reserve with OpenTable
Sailor Jack's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Benicia
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Upscale seafood focused restaurant housed in one of Benicia's most historic buildings steps away from the Carquinez Straight, with dramatic bay views.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Being from Arizona with family in this area, I go here every time I'm in town. I take the dogs, we sit on the patio and we have lunch. I have never been disappointed going there. The food is always good. The service is fabulous.
You'll love it. Just go!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped here for late lunch based on recommendations from locals. The location and atmosphere made us excited to enjoy a nice meal.
Service was aloof at times and we were not made to feel welcome. One employee was using a butter knife to clean a window sill outside while another party was eating. I ordered a martini and was told they were out of one ingredient; that ingredient was quickly found when I said I would have just water.
Steamed clams were served in a much too salty brine base making the broth non-edible.
Ahi tuna sandwich was served on a brioche roll with coleslaw. The fish was well prepared but the fishy taste confirmed it was not as fresh as preferred. The coleslaw dressing was well flavored but too much mayo.
With increased management oversight this could be a great restaurant instead of "ok."

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This was my first time at this restaurant and I’m afraid I was not overly impressed. The building is OLD, which is not a bad thing in itself except that it was so tilted in places that when you walked around you felt like you were on a boat (not a ship, a BOAT). The servers were friendly enough, but not incredibly attentive or efficient. I ordered the Parmesan Chicken and it was okay, but a bit rubbery. The veggies and mashed potatoes were good, but nothing to write home about. For the prices, I expected better food. I would say that if you just wanted a drink and a lovely view of the water, this might be your place. However, for dinner, I would go somewhere else.

1  Thank Brenda L
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Let's say the ONLY two nice things about this establishment was the pretty view and the complimentary glass of champagne.
The service, the time we waited to be seated (with reservation), for our table,menus/water,food was completely unacceptable!! The waitress got our salad order wrong and my husband's entree wrong!! The food was mediocre at best!! We will not return here!!!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Again, I always stop here for a Seafood Salad. Back in the day when this place was called the Nantucket, they had a Crab Louie, and a Shrimp Louie. Now they are both combined into their 'Seafood Salad', with egg, olives, tomatoes and dressing on a bed of lettuce with warm sourdough bread.

Unobstructed view of the Carquinez Strait from Martinez to Vallejo/Crockett. Only about 4-5 restaurants around the north bay with great views like this one!

1  Thank Dennis A

Been to Sailor Jack's? Share your experiences!