“Don't Miss It”

African Shark Eco-Charters
Ranked #3 of 23 Tours in Simon's Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Join shark expert and naturalist Rob Lawrence for a personalize true shark experience.Certified "Fair Trade in Tourism", we offer eco-friendly shark cage diving and great white breaching trips in Simon's Town.Small groups only Scuba Diving offered with no dive experience needed. A truly amazing experience.
Reviewed 1 June 2016

My wife and I visited Cape Town in June 2015 and this has always been on my bucket list, to see Great White sharks up close and personal. We had a really great experience with this company. We met very early in the morning to get out on the boat and see the sunrise come up as we were approaching Seal Island. While in the boat we got the chance to observe two kills by white sharks on seals! Gruesome, but amazing to be able to see. There were maybe 10-15 of us on the boat, and for some reason a bunch of people decided to not actually get in the cage, so we were able to spend extra time inside. You get suited up in a wetsuit with hood, gloves and booties, and once inside the cage (4 at a time) a scuba regulator is passed to you so that when the sharks are nearby you can stay underwater and see them as they pass within arm's length of the cage. It totally changed the way I view these incredibly beautiful, sleek animals, and it's an experience I will never forget.
Be prepared to be cold even with the wetsuits, but it's totally worth it. I would definitely recommend this company, and love that they had regulators instead of snorkels.

1  Thank Jason H
AIRJAWS, Owner at African Shark Eco-Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

Thank you for your positive lovely review. Its much appreciated. So glad you had a great time and that you have a new love for our wonderful Great White Sharks.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

ASEC and Nadine were absolutely great yesterday. We were informed that there had been no sightings of sharks for several weeks and given the option to either cancel and rebook for another day or take a chance and go out with the understanding that if there were no sharks, we'd receive vouchers to come back another day.

Rob and his crew were great, very friendly and informative. We're looking forward to rebooking once the sharks have decided to come back so watch this space.

1  Thank claudv

It looks like the sharks are returning with a very good trip yesterday. We look forward to having you rejoin us.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Really impressed with the honesty of this company. They emailed me the day before my trip to give me an option to rebook as they had no sightings for a while. Would definitely choose them again.

1  Thank 1pixie_12
AIRJAWS, Owner at African Shark Eco-Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Thank you for you review. We would love to have you join us as soon as our sightings pick up.

Reviewed 14 May 2016

We were unable to go on our shark adventure because unfortunately there have been no recent sightings. When we checked-in the day before as required we were informed of this and given the option to go to a different area. Unfortunately this was too far and we were unable to reschedule. Obtaining a refund for the deposit made as we had five people was amazing easy. I really appreciate the honestly from ASEC as they could have just as easily taken us on a trip without a sighting just as easily.

2  Thank Eric L

Thank you for your review. We would have loved to have had you join us and sorry it was not possible. Hope the rest of your holiday was fabulous.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I didn't in fact end up on African Shark Eco-Charters due to the fact that they were having a lack of sightings while I was in town. I did however book with them and when I called to confirm my schedule (as required) they kindly mentioned they weren't having many sightings in False Bay and re-booked me with one of their partner companies. I felt it was amazing customer service that they didn't allow me to waste my money and not see anything knowing they weren't having sightings. So I give them props for that. Thank you!

4  Thank Andrew S
AIRJAWS, Owner at African Shark Eco-Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Thank you for your review. Much appreciated. Great service is what we strive for and I am so glad you were helped with your booking.