Lowest prices for your stay
US$167
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
US$165
View deal
Agoda.comUS$167
eDreamsUS$167
Trip.com
1,656 results
All reviews bedouin tent duty manager minute drive views of the mountains dead sea breakfast buffet the hotel offers watch the sunset stayed here for two nights turkish bath valley petra entrance site hill taxis amman
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2022

We spent 2 nights at the Petra Marriott in order to see The Lost City. From the personal greeting at checking from the manager, to the friendly and well-trained staff in the bar and restaurant, to housekeeping, this hotel was stellar. I made a mistake in choosing to use a Suite Night upgrade here, and our room was not really any different from our friends, but that was not their fault. The rooms are of average size, but they are quite and comfortable. No complaints from anyone in our party, and thank you to the hotel for making our stay in Jordan so pleasant

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Saleh Farajat, Other at Petra Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2022

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Petra Marriott Hotel for your recent stay and for taking your time to post a review here. As your comfort and well-being are always our highest priorities, I appreciate receiving your positive feedback.

Reviewed 9 February 2022

Check in and service was great. We used SNA, which I have contested as we didn't get a suite. The team couldn't do more to make us feel at home. Food was OK, no complaints. Looking forward to coming back.

Date of stay: February 2022
Saleh Farajat, Other at Petra Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2022

Reviewed 12 December 2021 via mobile

We had very high hopes when checking in. However, the room was dusty and very dingy and dated. The bedding was ripped and the AC did not work properly. The bathroom had a very strange smell. The manager had promised to arrange private transportation to Petra for us and the front desk at first claimed to know nothing about it. We had reconfirmed this with him at checkin and insisted the front desk call him, which they did and admitted their mistake. The driver the hotel hired was rude and constantly smoking with his mask down. The car was tiny and would definitely not fit our luggage as we had booked a transfer to Aqaba. The front desk agreed to get us a minivan instead but lo and behold, when we went downstairs it was the same driver and same car. Finally, we were switched to a polite gentleman with a Hyundai minivan that was very clean and comfortable, but the hotel made this seem like such a chore. Not the level of service we are used to as platinum Bonvoy members.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel
Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Saleh Farajat, Other at Petra Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2021

Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing a review with us related to your recent stay at Petra Marriott Hotel.

We are sorry to learn that your recent stay at our hotel did not meet one of our valued guest’s expectations. Please rest assured that we have passed on your comments to the designated team to ensure a resolution and avoid such mishaps in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2021 via mobile

Had a very disappointing stay at this Marriott (maybe in name only??) hotel. It is fairly close to the main sites in Petra, but there are many other hotels that are much closer to the Petra Visitor Center. Driving is definitely required from this hotel, while many others would be a short walk away from the entrance to the historic sites.

Despite the fact that the managers and staff are very eager to welcome you and ensure you have a comfortable stay, the facilities are poorly maintained and cleaned, which seriously undermines their best efforts.

I was checked in by a very friendly front desk clerk and a manager. I was given a slightly upgraded room on a high-floor with a view of the mountains. That's where anything good ended.

While the manager and front desk clerk were getting my room details together, I was lead around the corner to a gentleman making glass, sand art bottles. A lovely demonstration followed by a strong sales pitch. I bought two glass bottles for 50 JOD, which I later learned was a bit of a ripoff. It is uncomfortable to be introduced to a hotel this way, and is totally inappropriate for a hotel to feature this hard-sell scam in their lobby. I had just driven 3 hours through the desert, and really just wanted to get to my room and relax. Petra Marriott - stop this practice. It's a bad start to any guest's stay.

The room was an even bigger disappointment. It wasn't very big and there was cheap linoleum (wood-look) flooring on the floor. The air conditioning didn't work at all (was never able to get the room temp below 21 celsius (I like to sleep in a cool room.) The air outside was cool, so I wanted to sleep with the window completely open. Unfortunately, there was no screen in the window, and there was a hungry cat outside the window that would have happily jumped into my room through the window....so that wasn't going to work (see pic.) So I ended up having a very uncomfortable night with very little sleep.

Making matters worse was how badly the bed was made. They make up the beds with a mattress pad, unfortunately the straight sheets they use to make the beds do not fit properly over the mattress pads. Therefore, every time you turn over or shift your body while in bed the bottom sheet moves with you. The bed was so poorly and haphazardly made up, that I had to completely strip the bed and remake it myself in order to make it slightly better.

The bathroom was also a disappointment. It is small and is not well-maintained. Water pressure and hot water were inadequate. The shower head holder attached to the wall, pulled out of the wall the second I put the shower head in it.

The air conditioner did not function at all. It noisily went on and off,but never blew out any cool air. I was never able to get the room below 21 degrees celsius, which is too warm for comfortable sleep for this guest.

Finally, when billed, the charge appeared from " Petra Plaza Hotel Amamman." So is this really a Marriott??

Staff and management here are nice, but I'm afraid they're nice in an effort to counter the overall dismal facilities they offer. Definitely didn't cut it for me. In the future, I would stay elsewhere.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere
Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank EdinDC

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the team leadership team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place and reviewed to prevent this from occurring in the future.

I hope you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 7 December 2021

The hotel has spectacular views on the mountains over Petra and is very close - a 5mn drive.
However, the hotel staff will try to overcharge you for taxis and the hotel itself is not clean and luxurious as you would expect for a Marriott.

Date of stay: September 2021
Saleh Farajat, Other at Petra Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2021