Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ExpediaUS$134
Agoda.comUS$127
Snaptravel
1,388 results
All reviews the cave bar closest hotel perfect location after a long day ancient city the crowne plaza breakfast and dinner chalet entrance site petra tomb tour visitors siq movenpick hillside
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you’re coming to Petra as a tourist the Petra guest house is ideal location only a few steps away from entrance to Petra. The hotel has very nice bathrooms equipped with robes slippers iron toiletries big soft towels, beds are comfortable big and well made with room service everyday, outdoor patio restaurant is the best location in Petra to sit at sunset or anytime in the afternoon with the shade and classical music playing and a reasonably priced food and drink menu. Outstanding service in all the restaurants, waiters going out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Buffet dinner and breakfast included in the stay was worthwhile, with the fish curry for dinner being one of the best fish curries I’ve had in a while. Also the coconut slice desert and bread and butter pudding. A great two nights!
We were three friends from Dubai travelling for Eid break.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Petra Guest House Hotel , Other at Petra Guest House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear jacquib

Thank you for giving us a magnificent review and rating. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful hotel and you found it very convenient to visit Petra. The team and I are pleased to know that the hotel facilities and services provided were up to your satisfaction and exceeded your expectation.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Petra Guest House is located right at the Petra heritage entrance making it a super convenient starting point for a Petra visit. Staff are welcoming and friendly and rooms are nice. The hotel also has a very nice cave bar which also serves lunch and dinner, and in was really lovely dining at the outdoor bar patio. Would definitely recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Smenot

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is located right at the gate of Petra, has an amazing cave/bar that sirve great wine, try local wine is very good. Great food, huge and delicious breakfast. Great service, spacious and very clean rooms.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Dei crong

Reviewed 7 May 2021

Being right at the entrance gate to Petra can't be beat. Unfortunately, during pandemic times, there is nothing else close to the hotel that is open for food. The food at the restaurant was just mediocre.

The road leading to the hotel is torn up and being reconstructed, so Google Maps was at a loss as to how to get us to the hotel. Luckily some kind locals saw us driving in circles, and directed us there.

The chalet rooms are big, but a "king" bed is actually two queens pushed together and topped with a large pad. The sheets and covers were then odd, also. The AC worked very well, and the water was instantly hot. Everything was very clean. You definitely have to be able to manage a lot of stairs if you wish to stay in a chalet room.

1  Thank stork90
Petra Guest House Hotel , Other at Petra Guest House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2021

Dear stork90

Thank you for leaving us review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that you found our hotel very convenient to visit Petra and our facilities and services exceeded your expectations. Hope to welcome you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2021

Most are in the area to visit Petra, and location is this hotel's selling point. It is directly next to the park entrance. You will not find a more convenient location. The place is clean. It is quiet. I like that it had a safe box to store my smaller valuables. The free parking was also nice. I attempted using google maps to find the hotel. It got me close, but not directly to the front door. I had an issue with the food. This is the only hotel I have been to since onset of the pandemic that still offers self-serve buffet dining. Most hotels have done away with this given the need for enhanced safety precautions. Staff was on standby at all times doing surveillance of the food stations. So I am not sure why they have not adopted the lower risk, staff-served buffet model. It may not be an issue for some, but it was an issue for me. Also the food was kept on the buffet line in heated containers that produced lots of steam. So the already cooked foods steam-cooked more while on the buffet. The end result was many of the foods being overcooked and dehydrated.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank HMTravel1

Dear HMTravel1

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor . your comments about the restaurant buffet are taken seriously In order to avoid it in futures. I hope it will be a pleasure to welcome you if your travel plans take you back to Petra.

Best regards.