Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$127
View deal
Free cancellation until 22/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia
Trip.com
1,373 results
All reviews the cave bar chalet room closest hotel perfect location after a long day crowne plaza ancient city breakfast and dinner entrance site petra tomb tour visitors siq movenpick hillside
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2020

Great hotel to stay in while visiting Petra. Staff was friendly. Hotel connected to cave bar which was nice to enjoy a cold drink after a long day of exploring Petra. We are a family of 4 and had connecting rooms. The rooms were just redone and clean and spacious. The best part about this hotel is the location. It is right at the entrance to Petra which is priceless after a long day of hiking. It is also convenient if you plan to go to Petra by night because you meet right by the hotel. We would definitely recommend this hotel while visiting Petra. Thank you for a grat stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
Issam A, Front Office Manager at Petra Guest House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2020

Dear sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Petra Guest House Hotel.

Reviewed 12 May 2020

I had the misfortune of having a reservation when Jordan closed its land borders in March due to the pandemic (my reservation was 3/12-3/13/2020. Thus I was unable to cross the border back into Jordan (from Israel) and had to cancel this reservation as well as other reservations in other locales in Jordan. When I called Petra Guest House I was assured that money would be refunded because it was Jordan who had closed it borders. After waiting 30 days still no refund and I called the hotel numerous times without success. Then I reached out to Expedia. Expedia contacted the hotel and was were told that I had shown up and used the reservation, thus would not receive a refund. When I provided proof that I was in Israel (and had to make alternate arrangements to fly home from Israel) the hotel then responded and now said they would simply not refund the money, period.
It was deceiving of them to assure me they would refund my money and then represent to Expedia that I had shown up. The truth was revealed when confronted with proof that I could not have been there when they claimed I was... Do not do business with this hotel, they do not honor their word and make false claims.

Date of stay: May 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,
Good day,

Please note that you booked through Expedia by non-refundable advance payment and you have to cancel your booking through them as you made your booking , but you didn't do that so the cancellation fees was apply as per our contract with them.

Reviewed 31 March 2020

We stayed at the guest house which was located next to the entrance of "Petra". The room had been recently renovated and was very clean. Service was also very good. The staff spoke English and were very welcoming. When we entered the hotel we were given a fruit juice to drink. Front desk workers were helpful with information. room service was available if desired.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank Jill H

Reviewed 30 March 2020

We only had lunch in the hotel as part of the excursion from our cruise ship.

There were several bus groups having lunch in the hotel so you had to wait for one group to leave & the staff to re-set the dinning room. A good selection of hot & cold food although the hot food was luke warm at best & some of the vegetables were definitely al dente. The Jordanian version of bread & butter pudding was very good.

Staff despite being under pressure were very friendly & helpful.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank JAMS51

Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights here and it was great. It was very clean and the rooms very comfortable. All the amenities are provided. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. I opted for breakfast included and there are plenty of options. Make sure to ask for a Jordanian breakfast and the staff will happily organise this for you. It was really delicious. It's the closest hotel to the Petra entrance (only a few steps away) and great after a long day of exploring Petra. Also, it's very close to the bus station. Just walk down the hill and turn left. You don't need at taxi! Highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: March 2020