Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
Agoda.com
US$216
View deal
Free cancellation until 08/07/22
Hotels.com
eDreamsUS$303
Trip.com
All reviews hot tub unique experience private jacuzzi bubble room air pressure bedroom bathroom beautiful sky bedouin tent watching the stars pancake station no alcohol entire stay an extra bed hotel offers shuttle bus sitting area tea coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2019 via mobile

This was the first time we try the concept of bubble hotels. The hotel is located on the mountain 12 minutes away from Petra ruins with an amazing sunset view. Each bubble is composed of a bedroom and a sitting room with Sky view. 5 stars rooms with A/C and all needed facilities efficiently and simple. Except for TV (who need TV there anyways) a private outdoor heated Jacuzzi. Breakfast and dinner were of top quality. Thank you so very much for the memorable experience and wishing you good luck and success

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 25 November 2019 via mobile

Arrival - We made it from Amman at around 3:30pm and were greeted with a smile and a welcome drink. Explained the basics and off we set, chauffeured to our room by golf cart and shown the ropes.

The Bubble - We had number 120. On the bottom row with unspoilt views of the valley below. If you can, request the bottom row for uninterrupted views. The bubbles are covered during the day 8:30AM - 4PM, so we didn’t have long to wait till ours was uncovered. Simply put, it’s a surreal experience. You have all you could need, Aircon, A minibar, a shower, toilet and running water. Let’s point out, this is a bubble, on the hillside. The owner has done an incredible job. That night we made use of the hot tub to watch the sunset and it was just gorgeous! Another reason to get the final bubbles.

Dinner - the buffet selection was great. My better half is a fussy eater and even she managed to fill her plate (cleaned it too!) nothing is labelled but the chef is floating about to ask any questions should you feel the need or have any allergies. No alcohol is on site, which can be a little bit of a bummer after a long day but we were informed by the staff ahead of time so brought our own. The beer on the menu is alcohol free.

Evening - after dinner, there is a Bedouin experience each evening from 8-10pm. A definite recommendation. It’s a nice way to break up the evening and take in a little culture.

Overall... definitely worth the money. It’s luxury camping, in a bubble, under the amazing stars and a stones throw from Petra. You have a hottub, a comfy bed and air condition WHILE CAMPING! This is located on a hillside pretty much in the middle of nowhere so yes, mostly everything is imported so don’t expect the finest 5 star experience but then I’ve stayed in hotels far more expensive and not even had half the comforts I’ve had here... IN A BUBBLE!

I can’t comment for breakfast as we left at 6 the following morning to get to Petra before the crowds... definitely recommend. We were among the first to The Treasury and had the Monastery all to ourselves, at least 30 minutes before the next tourist arrived! Take advantage of the strategic location of Luxotel.

4  Thank jakec180
Reviewed 25 November 2019 via mobile

The drive - we drove from Amman which is basically the opposite side of Jordan, in my opinion fly into Aqaba your not missing much in Amman. It was a 3 hour drive. Not a bad drive though so if your in Amman and thinking of making the trip - go for it!

The view - we saw our little bubbles in the distance as we drove up the mountain, they looked so cute. Upon arrival they didn’t disappoint! The manager was lovely and we got a glass of red wine like alcohol free juice? He assured us if we needed anything to call up. Our bubble was on the front row, prime location. We had no issues, the bubble was as we were expecting, the jacuzzi was on, free mini bar and a clear instruction sheet was given to us ( see pictures) the inside of the bubble was reasonably clean I didn’t go searching but I wasn’t upset by anything. In fact it’s better than where I am staying now in a Marriot!!

The hill from the bottom bubble to the top is quite steep!! So if you have breathing or mobility problems you’ll need a lift or to request a bubble near the top! I have asthma and after walking petra (35,000 steps) the thought of climbing up is quite hard.

The sleeve goes over the bubbles in the morning and off at 4. So if you want pictures it needs to be sunset or sunrise.

Don’t listen to the feedback on here saying it’s not “lux” etc etc. At the end of the day your 200 miles into a desert, this is luxury camping. It’s a damn site better than a lot of functional, brick built “5 star” establishments I’ve been too. Hats off to the people who have made this work, it’s an exceptional experience. Once in a lifetime (okay maybe twice but it is quite expensive) treat.

We stayed in the jacuzzi until gone midnight staring into the stars, I’d never felt so relaxed. It’s now my favourite thing to do, we saw sooo many shooting stars! I then woke up again an hour after going to bed due to a bad chest and I stared into the stars once again! For about an hour (not great when you have an alarm in 2 hours but worth it!!) I need a dome like this at home!!

The dinner - now I’m quite fussy when it comes to buffet, or even not buffet lol so one look at the set up and I thought “I’m going hungry tonight” but actually. I loved it. There was hot food to be enjoyed, such as rice, chicken, roast veg, pasta (some unknown brown meat which tasted like goat and it was good!) there was a lovely lady making Jordanian bread and that is to die for!! Deserts however I did have a struggle, and I suggest if you have an allergy or intolerance to ask for what every item is. I have a nut allergy so I didn’t want to risk having a shock in the desert, there are no labels to anything. I wish they had a hot desert, especially where it is colder in the evenings. That would have perfected it for me!!

The manager did come over several times and ask if we needed anything, he was very charming and keen that we attended the evening Bedouin evening and we did, but also wanted to enjoy our bubble. I didn’t know this at the time but my partner had requested for flowers in the room which they said they would do.. but didn’t :( he didn’t have the heart to say anything or the chance too, without me.

It was a nice touch that they provided coats and blankets in the rooms! It gets Colllddddd in the evening.

The breakfast - we didn’t go as we left for petra at 5;45 am. Which is a MUST. Crowds were gathering and over whelming by the time we had finished around 9 am. Bubble offer a free service for petra I believe it leaves at 7am and back at 4, in my opinion that’s a long time as there isn’t much to eat inside, or that I would want to eat anyway. If you like packed lunch take advantage of bubble packed lunch but I don’t like sandwiches so didn’t (was v hungry having had no breakfast!!) the place we stayed in Amman had breakfast to go, in a box I think this could be a great option! Croissant pain au chocolate, muffin, tea coffee.. ??

Petra - great location in relation to petra, about a 15 minute drive.

The only feedback I would give this place to make it better is to provide snacks in the room (because your in the middle of no where and we can get a bit peckish!) and also if alcohol were available you’d definitely have a lot more money at the end of the night but customers could chill out a bit better, enjoy the living room and the Bedouin tent a bit more freely.

I loved the Bedouin tent in the evening the atmosphere and the music but again, with my chest the smoke irritated it. If there was some entertainment after about 45 minutes I would have tried to stay longer.

Oh and the English don’t tip, generally. It’s not a cultural thing we do. the two men who brought our bags down made us feel a bit uneasy hanging around after showing us the necessities, in England you get paid and hourly rate for doing a job which is customer service, you represent your company and feedback in taking pride and providing that service so don’t push the tip side. If at the end however we felt necessary, we may. But remember this stay is a real treat for us/some and have had to save hard to be able to stay here.

Everyone loved our pictures when we checked into camp (making the most of the free WiFi instead of UK £7 for 50MB EE wanted) thank you, I will recommend it to everyone and maybe one day we will return ( if I get the flowers ;)

3  Thank Hannah F
Reviewed 24 November 2019 via mobile

I had the priviledge of spending my birthday weekend in Jordan. I can honestly say from all travels around the globe, Jordan completely exceeded my expectations. The people, culture, food, sights, hospitality...beauty..its a must to add to your bucket list.

When in Jordan, Petra Bubble Luxotel is a once in a lifetime experience. You live in a a luxurious bubble with views of the mountains and desert landscape from the privacy of your own jacuzzi. Everything from your the start of your check in experience , to the dinner, is done with professionalism and pride.

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The actual bubble has all the 5 star credentials plus the backdrop of a stunning landscape. The sunset is breaktaking, the sky is then draped with starry starry night. Dinner is divine. Local food cooked underground will leave your taste buds stimulated. Not forgetting the gift of hospitality which is personal and intimate.

I had the priviledge of celebrating my birthday weekend here and was surpised at dinner with a bouquet of roses. Thank you so much to the staff at Petra Bubble Luxotel for giving us more than just beautiful accommodation but giving us a true Jordanian experience

Reviewed 21 November 2019

Exceptional !l, room very clean and super kind staff, always at your disposal to help you out.
Very confortable rooms, with all the equipment needed.
Just drop your car at 10min from the hotel and the staff comes picking you up in 4x4.
The place is unbelievable, nobody around you. Just the silent and the stars.
Great job done by the owner to get everything work perfectly. Food and buffet are beautiful as well.
A unique experience !