Villa Beji Indah
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe rivermonkey forestmosquito lotiondining pavilionoutdoor bathroomprivate poolsurrounding gardensamazing groundsbeautiful tranquilstepping stoneslush vegetationshort walkwater featuresstunning propertyopen airlaundry donethe entire property
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We rented the entire villa out for our wedding in July and it was a wonderful and memorable experience to us and our guests. Some of the guests had used the word 'magical' to describe their feelings about the villa, and we couldn't agree more; the place really makes you feel like you are living in magic, even if only for a week.

It is the perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of Ubud center, but close enough where you can easily walk to shopping, just south of the monkey forest! When you first arrive to the villa, there are so many ins and outs to explore. Since the grounds are so big, it's almost like you're discovering different parts of the earth!

Each villa at VBI is unique and very different from the next, all beautiful and fit perfectly within the foliage surrounding them. We stayed in Arjuna, and loved the open air living space, the only enclosed part of the room was where we slept! (Pro Tip: If an open environment is not your thing, there are plenty of other rooms that are almost completely enclosed. There were rooms for all different preference types.)

What really made this place, was not the location itself, but it's welcoming people. We had worked with Palani and the crew for 9 months before the wedding and even with the time difference (we live in NYC), they were so helpful and a huge support to wedding. Even after the wedding, they still did their best to make sure our family and friends had a memorable stay. (To Palani and the crew, thank you so much for everything you have done for us!) Each one of the members of VBI will have a special place in our heart for all the hard work and effort they put into making our family's stay an enjoyable one.

If you are looking for a relaxing vacation or wedding, Villa Beji Indah is perfect. I would not change a thing about our experience there and would absolutely recommend you check it out!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Aside from the mystical lush jungle location, one of the first things I took note of at Villa Bejj Indah was the warm greeting from virtually every member of their staff. Such a genuine and authentic welcoming party is hard not to appreciate. Beautiful authentic smiles right away made me feel right at home from the second we arrived. They also stayed past normal office hours to give us a late check in. Quite accommodating!

Set on the side of a sloping jungle hill, the venue boasts beautiful picturesque views and has a genuine feel of traditional Bali, absent any fancy overdone features, or shiny bells and whistles. The simplicity of the space, combined with the luxury you would expect from many other Bali venues makes for the perfect combination of features, clearly an environment designed to inspire a state of relaxation and tranquility.

Our jungle suite was straight out of a fairy tale! Large room with plenty of space, a beautiful over sized bathroom and an amazing lounge area with 180 degree jungle views, with multiple areas for cozy relaxation, and private meals with the ultimate jungle landscape as a backdrop to set for an enchanting getaway.

A stay at Villa Beji Indah is an immersion into nature. With no sounds of motor bikes or noisy construction it's easy to get lost in a state of pure presence as the symphony of the jungle fills one's consciousness with pure bliss. My only complaint is that we couldn't stay for one night!

Great spot. Incredible staff. Perfect location. Lots to do nearby. And a deep connection with the pure Spirit of Bali make Villa Beji Indah top of my list for places to see in the Ubud area! 5 stars ++++!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017

My family and I stayed at this resort for a wedding last week and it was truly amazing. From the calm, serene, and relaxing vibe, to the friendliest staff, to the time spent with family and friends one can't help but think that there is really something about this place that makes it feel magical.

The resort is beautiful with each villa having its own charm. The layout of all the villas is perfectly spread out through the resort (there are a number of steps but its a good exercise, if you are not able to climb a lot of steps just mention it to the staff before you book and I know they will take care of you!) The décor of the rooms are intricate and unique. My favorite room is probably Nakula with its open windows and perfect seating for reading and just relaxing. Some of the rooms have bathrooms that a partially open roof that gives it a more nature feel. I stayed in one of these rooms and first off let me tell you I am not a nature type of person but I really enjoyed this feature...it felt good to be free! The three pools were beautiful and felt so refreshing after a long day out in town under the sun!

The real heart of this resort however, are the people that run it. Words can not even express the gratitude that my family had towards the staff here. They really made the wedding/vacation the success that it was. Palani was the host of hosts! He did an amazing job helping my cousin plan her wedding and did and even more beautiful job performing the ceremony (thank you Palani <3 ). Wayan, Aniek, and the rest of the crew were always so attentive and so friendly! My favorite part of the wedding reception was when they would come out to the dance floor and dance with us! Thank you guys so much for making this such a wonderful experience!

People, do yourself a favor and check this place out. The resort is breath taking, and the people here are a bunch of beautiful souls, you can't go wrong!

Room Tip: Arjuna (mid-level ground) and Sahadewa (lower level grounds) have the private pools.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

As a long-term expat living in Bali, I've stayed at a multitude of hotels here; and my two young boys and I were looking for a quick get-away and stayed one night in Beji Indah. We were very pleasantly surprised with how beautiful their grounds are. Beji Indah is located only a few km from Ubud's town center, but once you're on their property it seems like you're far from Ubud's maddening crowd. The views of the river were absolutely stunning.

Room Tip: This hotel seems like an ideal place for events such as weddings and small meetings.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I have to say that the experience I had with Villa Beji Indah was spectacular from the very first moment. Even before I arrived, the communication and helpfulness from Miss Aniek and Miss Mitha working in reservations made booking here a no brainer.

Because my flight arrived late in the evening the office was closed but arrangements were made with the night staff who showed me to my room. The check in process the next day was very relaxed and stress free and made sure my stay here started off right.

The hotel: I first stayed in the Bima and then after that the Arjuna, and I cannot decide which is more beautiful. I got a little tour of the grounds with Wayan and I cannot stress enough that you would not go wrong with booking any of the rooms they offer. The grounds are impeccable and a lot of effort is obviously put into maintaining that. The place is just perfect, plain and simple.

But the real gem of this place is the people working there. It is definitely what I will be going back for. From the very first moment, it's obvious that the smiles and warmth are genuine and not forced customer service smiles. You're made to feel comfortable from the very first interaction, like you are there with them every day and a member of the Villa Beji Indah family.

Undoubtedly the best hotel/resort/b&b experience I have had in my life (and I travel for a living!)

Palani, Aniek, Mitha, Cynthia, Wayan, and the rest of the amazing team... thank you once again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
palaninarayanan2016, Innkeeper at Villa Beji Indah, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Dear Marko,
This is so uplifting for us to read. Thank you, you made our day. You know, it was such a pleasure to welcome you into our fold. We really are like family here and we make all our decisions collectively. Investment into our staff development and the welfare of the local community is of utmost importance to us and I am really glad you felt the results of these efforts.
Thank you very much also for being part of our fund raising event for HIV treatment through Yayasan Bali Peduli. Your contribution to that event and the cause is greatly appreciated. We know that you chose to stay with us partly also because of our social work. Well, we will organize another one in early December. All of us at Villa Beji Indah hope you will come back for it!