“Unforgettable Experience”
Review of Garton's Ark

Garton's Ark
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Nugegoda
Cuisines: International, Sri Lankan
Description: The Garton's Ark, Sri Lanka's Largest Sailing restaurant. The boat consists of an air conditioned lower deck able to accommodate 64 persons seated,and a upper deck which can accommodate a further 30 persons. Patrons of the restaurant will be offered a comprehensive buffet meal while sailing on a 5 km Long course that would last 2.5 hours Or an Ala Carte menu while it's docked.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I visited Garton's Ark Sailing restaurant with my Wife on a Friday evening, having a high expectation in my mind to have a memorable night. And Garton's Ark did not disappoint. The setting for the evening was exceptional. We entered the main boat by a small boat from the Pagoda Road's end. We were greeted with warm hospitality from the staff. We started our evening on the upper deck ordering some fresh juice from the bar while the boat started it's journey. We very much enjoyed site seeing as the Ark strolls gently through the waterway of Diyawanna Oya.

The main course had exceptional flavor. There was a decent spread of various items consisting with meat, fish and veggies. We had a memorable evening in the Ark enjoying food while viewing the lake through the glass windows. The ride lasted about two hours and It was truly a relaxing experience that we didn't want to end.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We had our wedding at gartons ark on 16th march 18.It was a memorable day for us , our families &friends. Initially when we came up with the idea of having our wedding on a boat we thought it would not be possible to do so in Sri Lanka.

However when we got to know about Gartons ark ,we realized that our idea of having a wedding is possible.

All thanks to gartons ark team lead by dilan &janaka for their immense support &service to make it a unique experience to all. We were commended by our friends & families for it.

Few suggestions to improve would be to sponsor the wedding night @ a gartons ark hotel,sponsor a dinner at Gartons ark for the couple’s anniversary etc ....

Thanks Again to dilan,janaka ,suresh &captain for making it a memorable one.

Cheers
Kanishka &Moviduni

Reviewed 22 March 2018

we visited Garton's Ark for our company(Media Gang Advertising Agency) anniversary party. it was such a grate experience to all of us. the crew of Garton's Ark gave us a big help to succeed our event. also the service & food are really good. and the boat ride also made our anniversary night kinda unforgettable.Thank you capt. Ajith for that wonderful journey. also Mr.Janaka Paliseka , Mr. Dumindu & Dilan Wijesinghe thanks for the big support you guys gave us from start to end of our event. Chef Suresh Bandaranayake thanks for the delicious dinner.big thank for rest of the crew of Garton's Ark for made our anniversary night remarkable.we are looking forward to visit you again.

2  Thank udara S
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I tried to make a reservation for 15 pax in December last year and after taking the booking within 2 days Romanie from the company calls and informs that they have to cancel the booking as they need to accommodate a bigger crowd, though I was disappointed I agree considering it’s season and let them make some money. Again at the beginning of March I contacted her and made a booking on the 2nd and made a deposit on the 2nd itself for 20pax. This was for 25th Sunday night. On 18th Romanie calls me and asks me whether I can shift the date and I said sorry I cannot. On the 20th I have their Head of Sales - Dasarath de Lambert coming without an appointment to my office asking me to shift the date and when I say I cannot he tells me then they will accommodate with another group of 90 people who are having a birthday party. I told him it is disgusting the way you all handle these reservations even after taking a deposit and also putting 110 people on a boat which can take 80 people and crew is putting other people’s life’s and my family’s life also in danger. I told him then please refund my money as there are enough and more Resturant’s who can accommodate us and is having better ethics in doing business. I strongly suggest people to think twice before making a reservation with this company as they can put your life in danger to make money and this could easily go down to the food safety as well.

RyanCramer, Director at Garton's Ark, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Mr. Sanjeewa,

First and foremost, I take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and your invitees, and know for sure although by doing so, the inconvenienced caused is irreversible.

I assure you that I have personally looked into the matter, investigated and taken action to ensure similar operational mishaps does not repeat itself. I too would be aggravated if the same happened to me. I sincerely hope you would extend us another opportunity to redeem ourselves, since this is not the regular standards we are renowned for.

Mr. Sanjeewa, The following statement of mine might be irrelevant to you; however it is my responsibility to explain what had happened in this instance. The issue was, caused due to an communication error, wherein a junior colleague had booked in an additional function, on the date you were already booked and advanced for the 25th March 2018, unlike your inquiry in December 2017, which was not confirmed with an advance payment, and as you reiterated, we were not in a position to hold your inquiry further, due to the demand of the peak season, which was handled by Romanie. The particular latter group which included children, booked in for their Grand Mothers 75th Birthday, was spoken to and although initially they were offered the venue on an exclusive basis, considering the size of the group by the junior colleague, who handled the function, after much negotiations Romanie was able to reduce the size of the group to ensure a comfortable experience for both them, and the party of Mr. Sanjeewa. Lambert, therein had personally visited your office prior to the event to apologize to you in behalf the mishap caused by his team member and request if there was a possibility you came in a bit earlier, to ensure Mr. Sanjeewa and your valued guests, would be settled in with pre dinner drinks and canapés at the roof top open terrace, prior to the larger group arriving, unfortunately you were not convinced with our gesture, which is understandable.

The boat is designed and built to operate with a capacity of 64 persons seated comfortably downstairs and another 30 persons seated comfortably upstairs and this only depicts the ‘comfortable seating capacity’ and does not limit to the number of people, we could safely carry, although we have responsibly never catered to groups above 100 Adult guests, The twin hull catamaran is the safest with added measures taken to safeguard both passengers and the environment. The 10 Member Crew on board includes, Ex Senior Gallant Military personals headed by Captain Rathnakumara, specialized in life saving, rescue, first aid, firefighting and any other emergencies, we have never had an emergency incident from the date of inception since November 2014. The kitchen facility meets both local and international standard requirements and has a capacity to produce meals for 400 persons, is managed by an Experienced Chef Banadaranayaike and his team. The facility is regularly assessed stringently by local authorities and the Sri Lanka Tourist Boards quality assurance department, who has granted an official certification as a Grade ‘A’ Tourist Restaurant, considering our state of the art facility, equipment and standard operating procedures.

I assure you that we are keenly interested in creating everlasting memories for all guests patronizing the Ark, irrespective of their Cast or Creed and our sincere efforts are proven on the esteemed Trip Advisor Page and other social media sites. We however unfortunately fumbled on this occasion as humans, who could make mistakes in which due corrective disciplinary action and corrective measures was taken to mitigate similar incidents from re occurring. Mr. Sanjeewa, I have refunded your advance and you should have received official confirmation by now. I once again hope you would grant us an opportunity to redeem ourselves and reverse the negative impact we have left on you and your valued guests.

Anticipating your understanding and assuring you my personal attention, I remain,

Yours Faithfully,

Ryan Cramer

Director
Garton’s Ark (Pvt) Ltd
ryan.cramer@gartonhotels.com

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I visted this place for my husband's birthday. They have nicely arranged the table. Cake came to the table with music suddenly and it was a super duper suprise. From captain to all staff is very friendly and decent. Food also delicious.and had a lovely boat trip too. It was a different type of experince + celeberation. Prices also very rasonable and affordable. Thanks garton ark for making our day a remarkable one.

1  Thank Omalika J