34 people are viewing this hotel
US$236
Free cancellation until 23/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
Hotels.comUS$302
Expedia
FindHotel
16,697 results
All reviews mike's coffee bowling alley black coffee privilege package privilege section mickey mouse punta cana lobby bar entertainment staff time share dominican restaurant quiet pool honeymoon suite main buffet dominican republic other resorts buffet restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2021

Traveling during Covid was a risk, but even with a lot of the resort being affected (restaurants closed down), there were still multiple issues. My first night I got food poisoning from the restaurant that is located in the beach. The food was not impressive, but that seems to be a trend with all-inclusive hotels in the DR. My biggest issue was the condition of the rooms. The resort itself felt run down and needed some TLC, but the room I stayed it was pretty awful. I’ve included pictures I took while there showing how the room seemed to be falling apart. The TV never seemed to work (I called for someone to look at it several times and was told that’s just the way it is). The room smelled musty, the bed was not comfortable, and even though I know it was getting housekeeping everyday, it never seemed clean. The positive experience I have from the resort was the attentive and friendly staff, and how the beach was kept clean. Overall if I had the chance to stay elsewhere, I would have.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank KFtravel27
Ocean Blue and sand Punta Cana, Director General at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2021

Dear guest
Thank you for sharing your comment about your stay with us. For the whole Ocean family it is more than a pleasure to always serve you. We will be carefully reviewing your comment on the comments on improvement point that you make us. On the other hand, it should be noted that we are currently experiencing moments of adaptation and changes in the services that we can offer to our guests due to the fact that we all know but in addition to this there are a few rules and protocols that the state requires us to have. for the care of our guests and all our collaborators. We hope that you will give us a next opportunity to offer you a better experience during your vacations.

Greetings!

Reviewed 19 February 2021

This is a review of my favorite hotel during a worldwide Pandemic. This hotel and their people never cease to amaze me. From the Check in at the Lobby to the food at the buffet and Restaurants, I love this place!! I was Taken care of daily by my waitress Christy. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, she had a table for me with a view of the ocean. She was so sweet and kind. C. Moreta at the pool bar, took care of me well. Since there are no swim up bars and Beach bars, this was on the few places to get a drink (mask on). And of course there is Alexander and Edwin at the lobby bar. These people and the Apple Rep at Guest Service, made my trip fantastic.. As you can see by my pictures there were very few people there. Most eastern Europeans. no having to get up early to claim a chair at the pools or beach, plenty available. Talk about your social distancing!! you wore a mask to get a drink, wore a mask, had your temperature read and were given a plastic glove at the buffet. Safety first was this hotels rules. I was pulled aside at the airport upon entering and given a covid test. 5 minutes and done. I arranged a covid test with guest services 3 days before I went back to the US, very easy, another 5 minutes in room 2101 and results that evening at guest services. I felt safer at this resort than I do at home going shopping. Weather was beautiful, beach and pools clean and beautiful. Shout out to Pokemon and the entertainment group. they wanted to get people up and moving around, there just wasn't enough people.

Room tip: Upgraded to a Privilege building on my arrival, building 6. After getting in the room, I realized that buildings 7-10 were closed
1  Thank Pullupsman98
Ocean Blue and sand Punta Cana, General Manager at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2021

Dear guest
Thank you for sharing your comment about your stay with us. For the whole Ocean family it is a pleasure to always assist you. We will be sharing your comment with our collaborators that you highlight in your writing. We hope to have you back soon so that we can offer you another unforgettable experience.

Greetings

Reviewed 16 February 2021

I arrived at the hotel with high expectations but left very upset, the overall experience was not good.

To begin with, they only open one restaurant per day which fills up very quickly.

The rooms are not being cleaned every day and although I requested a change of sheets and towels, I did not receive it.

My friends recommended it to me but I would not recommend it

1  Thank ydelisaf
Ocean Blue and sand Punta Cana, Director General at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2021

Dear guest
Thank you for your comment, we will be taking into consideration all your comments for future improvements. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience as we are used to with all the clients that visit us. For the whole Ocean family it is more than a pleasure to always serve you.

Best regards

Reviewed 10 February 2021 via mobile

We stayed for 7 days in the beginning of February 2021, and given the circumstances with COVID, we had a nice stay (note: we stayed as privileged guests). Some of the negatives were lack of food options (only two restaurants open per day), lack of a beach area if you wanted to lay out, and limited hot water for some reason. However, the food at each restaurant was great. You were able to get a buffet breakfast and lunch at the “Privileged” area by the beach which was convenient. There were so little people that at times it felt like we were at a private resort. Because of COVID, there were only two or three villas open and they were all next to the pool. The communication for the COVID test to get back into the US was great. The BEST part of our stay was the staff. Ruber (by the beach bar), Christy (waitress), Miguel (waiter/chef), and John/Osvado (our butlers) were so amazing. They easily were the best part of our trip, made us feel like family, and we were happy to get to know their families, too! We will certainly miss them. From what other people said, this resort only gets better without the COVID issues/precautions, but definitely come into this knowing there are reduced activities.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ocean Blue and sand Punta Cana, Director General at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2021

Dear guest

Thank you for sharing your comment about your stay with us. For the whole Ocean family it is more than a pleasure to always serve you. We are passing your congratulations to the corresponding departments and in the same way our collaborators who made their holidays something phenomenal.

Thank you for choosing us and we hope to have you back soon.

best regards

Reviewed 8 February 2021 via mobile

My family and I decided to go for a weekend trip and everything was top notch!
Our weekend started with amazing service from everyone at the lobby, covid precautions taken very seriously and unparalleled attention from Victor, from the Privilege Reception throughout the entire weekend.

Our rooms were very clean and the amenities provided in the room were great quality.

The buffet and restaurants offered a variety of international and national food.

All staff is super friendly and, as mentioned before, Covid precautions taken.

Privilege is worth the extra bucks.

We highly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ocean Blue and sand Punta Cana, Director General at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2021

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing this comment about your stay with us, for the whole Ocean family it is more than a pleasure to always serve you. We will share your positive comments with the appropriate departments. We hope to see you soon at our facilities.

regards!