7 people have started booking this hotel
US$256
SAVE US$81
Agoda.com
32,714 results
All reviews resort credit eden pool sax pool los gallos sun bar moon lounge rock royalty rock spa central pool isla restaurant members pool zen restaurant punta cana palace resorts personal assistant presidential suite pizza place
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

BEWARE with the Legendary sales People.
If you want to enjoy your time in here and not wasting your vacation Fighting...DON'T GO TO THIS MEETINGS.

Once you are in the hotel, they come to you to offer you "free Bali front beach beds and other stuff if you go for a breakfast with them. By the time that you have to claim your "reward" they start to make excuses if you want to exchange it. EVEN if you bought a package that they sell. They offered me a room upgrade and it was exactly the same as the one that we had. We just received one of the 4 things they offered us.
They say they have exclusive areas for members of this programs and you can see in this areas people that they don't belong to them and it's supposed that what they sell is this "exclusivity." So, isn't true.. EVERYONE can be wherever they want bc nobody is supervising.
In my case we spend almost an entire day going to this breakfast, trying to claim this things that they promised us. Its an entire day that I missed just because once you buy the package, they don't care about you anymore.
As I said If you want to enjoy your time in here and not wasting your vacation Fighting against this tricky people...DON'T GO TO THIS MEETINGS.
The picture with the arm and bracelet is from an exclusive area for LEGENDARY members, and it has the regular hotel bracelet, so this exclusivity that they sell...definitely a lie.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroce
General Manager HRPC, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Caro B,

While we wish you had a more pleasant stay with us, we certainly thank you for providing your honest feedback. We sincerely regret any inconveniences that you may have experienced during your stay with us, as we always want to make sure that we are doing everything we can to make our guests feel like what they truly are to us: Rock Stars. You may rest assured that we have shared your comments with the whole team, to take the correctives corrections and avoid similar situations in the future with any of our valued guests. We truly hope you could give us another chance to show you the improvements made. You Rock!

Customer Care
“This Review was responded to on behalf of the General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana.”

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great time at the Hard Rock as always. David Perez our butler provided amazing service. Kudus to Nestor @ The Members Pool, Charlis the Chef who made a delicious sausage and steak paella and Victor who manages Ipanema Brazilian Restaurant. Looking forward to returning.

Date of stay: March 2021

Dear Rock Star,

Thank you for an excellent 5-star review! We are delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will share your comments with Victor, Nestor and David, surely they will be happy to know how much you appreciate their hard work and dedication. We hope to welcome you back soon to keep on rockin'! You Rock!

Disnanllely Sarita
Customer Care
"This review has been responded to on behalf of the General Manager of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana."

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It’s been a week since we returned from our 7 night stay at the Hard Rock. We were a group of 10 (3 families with teens). Here is my honest opinion of this resort.

*Note that my husband and I have stayed in over 15 AIl Inclusive’s in the DR, MX, Jamaica and Costa Rica. This is our 3rd time to the DR.

Our group arrived last Friday around 4pm. Customs and Immigration was a breeze. We did not get chosen for a Covid test at the airport. The drive to the resort took about 25 minutes. Our driver stopped at a gas station and picked up 3 Presidente’s (local beer) for the adults in our car. It was super nice of him! $5 each.

Check-in: We arrived at the resort and went straight to check-in. 3 adults checked in while the others went and fetched us drinks! We were asked to sign the Covid document. We asked to be in the same building but that unfortunately did not happen. (I had also emailed Customer Service a few times requesting this). Two families were in 1A and my family was in 2A. This process took about 45 minutes. We already had our dinner reservations and we scheduled our Covid tests later in the week. We had the tram take us to our rooms. We stayed in Caribbean Sand Suites.

Rooms: first impression was not good. Our 2 rooms had zero view. (See picture below). They were also not properly cleaned. There was hair on the floor and a lot of drink rings on the tables. I just felt icky. I called housekeeping and someone came up very quickly to clean our room. Yay! The room was a decent size and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was large and I loved the double shower heads in the shower! Our fridge had beer, coke, sprite, and water. ****You will have to call to have this stocked. Housekeeping does not do this daily! Our A/C and safe worked well. We had issues with hot water one evening but didn’t report it. Luckily it didn’t happen again.

The Central Pool: We loved it!! It was clean, spacious and beautiful! We had bali bed #34 our entire stay. Gladys took good care of us! She brought us a cooler of water, beer, and soda. She also let us order food from her which was fabulous! We didn’t want to wait in the large line of people. We didn’t venture out to other pools but did enjoy the lazy river one afternoon. The food available at the Central Pool was very good but it did start to get old after eating lunch there for a week. The burgers were delicious and I also loved the grilled chicken. ****You can get grilled chicken on skewers and a large fresh fruit bowl near the kiddie pool. I found it the last day and enjoyed it very much.

The Beach: this beach is absolutely gorgeous! It is several colors of blue and there are no rocks, broken shells, or anything in the sand! The water was refreshing too. ****We had red flags every day. ❌ Please read this. The waves are very deceiving. They look harmless but the undertow is super strong. Several people were pulled out during our stay (as well as lifeguards trying to help them). My friend was pulled out and came close to drowning. It was very very scary. Please watch your kids and do not let them go out far! Or alone!

Food: the food here is very hit or miss. Our faves: Los Gallos, Pizzeto and The Market! I would not waste your time going to Zen. for hibachi and sushi. Gustavo was our server at The Market and did an amazing job! The churros and green enchiladas at Los Gallos are a must! My son also loved the flank steak! The pizza at Pizzeto was so fantastic....but plan on it taking over an hour. Also, we discovered the Lebanese restaurant toward the end of our trip. You have to try it! The gyros, hummus, etc were delicious!

The coffee shop was fab! We enjoyed the cappuccinos, desserts, and surprisingly, the tuna sandwich! The ladies are so sweet and do their best to make you happy!

Room service: ****coffee lover? Order coffee the night before and it will be your wake up call! I ordered coffee with warm cream and fruit each evening for the morning and had it delivered at 7:15am. It was fabulous. I also got muffins a few days which were amazing! My son also ordered room service quite a bit and said it was fair. He didn’t care for their chicken tenders but did enjoy their pancakes. It also may take awhile for them to answer your call. Just be patient.

Entertainment staff: They need a lot of help in this department. There were a few people that went out of their way (Ney and Richard) but the activities were slim. Especially for teens. The teen zone was empty every day we were there! We did enjoy sand volleyball, putt putt game, ring and bottle game, croquet, and music trivia. Between the three couples, we won 3 bottles of rum! ****Every activity in the lobby is extra $$$. Bowling is $10 per person per game. The Escape room is $40 per person. They also have an arcade and a VR room which are extra. I know the Hard Rock contracts out for these but they really should be included. One reason I won’t go back.

Covid: easy peasy. Go schedule your Covid test at 8am when they open so you don’t have to wait in line. We got our tests at 2pm and it was simple. ****they know right away if you are presumed positive! If they don’t say something, I would consider yourself negative. We went back at 9am the next day and grabbed our results. It took 10 mins.

Safety: Covid wise we felt completely safe. They have masks available at the entrances to the lobby and they are required inside. They have antibacterial gel all around too. We were super spaced out with our Bali bed and reserved space at the pool. The only time I would have been concerned was in line for lunch at the Central Pool and in the pool table bar in the evening. Otherwise, I felt safe.

Tram: we used it for our luggage only. We enjoyed walking every day! It does it taxing tho at times. ****if you want to rent a golf cart, do so in advance! They don’t have many and reservations book up fast!

Construction: it absolutely sucks that many of the bridges are closed! We found ourselves walking way more because we would get stuck with a closed bridge. They really need to put up signs letting you know that the bridge is closed and there is no access. It is very frustrating that they do not!

Overall, I would say we had a great time. The resort is beautiful and well kept. The beach is stunning! I do prefer a smaller resort and I know that know. I also want a resort with more activities for teens and more games for adults too. The room we stayed in was not super clean and very outdated. I know they are working on upgrading now but I’m wondering why they didn’t do this during the height of Covid? I also wish they would take requests for couples traveling together to be in the same building as well as only send people to rooms with crappy views when it’s the last option. They need to also approve on the speed of serving dinner (Pizzeto especially). The quality of the food could also use improvement.

I also think you lose the ability to connect with customers as these big resorts. I missed that.
I didn’t dislike my stay.... I just know there are many resorts rate better in the categories where the Hard Rock is lacking.

1  Thank kkh1975

Dear Ms. Huffman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! We are glad to know you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and will be sharing your comments with Ney, Richard and Gustavo. Surely they will be very happy to be recognized for their great service. We would also like to apologize for any inconvenience that may have occured during your stay, we can assure you we will share this with the involved departments and take the corresponding corrective measures. We hope to welcome you back soon and show you the changes made. You Rock!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had another wonderful vacation at the Hard Rock Punta Cana ! PROs: The beaches are wonderful with the best sand and crystal clear sea. Plenty of pools are big, clean and varied with options for most people, quieter or more loud / fun. Great spa, fun casino (just wish it was smoke-free), lazy river, plenty of restaurant options. Our assistant Benny (Bienvenido) was great and was incredibly helpful in our requests ... highly recommend it if you have a big group or want to experience a better, more personalized service. Hotel was also doing a good job of maintaining Covid safety and making people feel safe indoors. CONs: Check in service and change of rooms were unacceptably long. Hotel needs to address the use of so much single-use plastic (add water fountains instead of bottles, compostable plastic cups and cutlery, add recycle bins, use more environmentally friendly toiletries etc). The hotel is undergoing complete renovations of rooms and restaurants, which are definitely needed (the upgraded rooms were lovely) and when whole hotel is done, it will be great (I’m told another 5-6 months). However, it’s a very big resort and some of the bridges are not usable and have to walk around even longer, so I highly recommend getting a golf cart ($90 a day). Restaurant reservation system is annoying and wish they had an online system instead. Food could also definitely use some upgrades as it can be hit or miss at times, especially the buffets and some of the items on the menus just seem too mass produced. But for an all inclusive hotel at these prices it’s really not bad. VARIOUS: Constant breeze is very welcome in blazing sun (and no bugs during the day). Mosquitoes are around at night but not terrible if using bug spray. Sun is incredibly strong so use more SPF than you think you need. OVERALL: My teenage kids loved it and we will definitely come again and so I bought a VIP membership that includes more holidays (better price and service). Just wish the process was faster (I used up way too many hours understanding and negotiating), and wish it was legally simpler, less limiting, and more clear and transparent. All the confusion actually made me scale back on how many holidays to purchase.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank SJN1969

Dear Samantha,

Thank you for a great review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed many aspects of your stay. We will be sharing your comments with Benny, surely he will be very pleased to be recognized for his great service. We hope to welcome you back soon to our charming hotel to keep on rockin'! You Rock!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My favorite all around was Mindry! She may have been one of the nicest bartenders I’ve ever met. She was very attentive and served her award winning cocktails! How cool is that?! The Moon Lounge is where you can find her from 10am-5pm. Ask about he Dominican flag cocktail or bitter sweet cocktail!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Esperanza,

Thank you for a rockin' 5-star review! We are delighted you had such an amazing time with us. We will share your comments with Mindry, surely she will be more than happy to be recognized for her fantastic service. We hope to welcome you back soon to keep on rockin'! You Rock!