28,743 results
All reviewseden poolresort creditlos gallossun barmoon loungerock spaisla restaurantcentral poolrock royaltyzen restaurantmembers poolsax poolpunta canapalace resortspresidential suiterock starmain building
Reviewed 30 May 2018

This hotel was perfect for our family getaway in Punta Cana. The beach is so beautiful: white powdery sand, a very large beach, turquoise clear water. The waves are maybe too big for young kids, but anyway the kids' pool is the greatest I've ever seen. There are actually 4 different kids' pool, depending on the age of the children: a baby pool, a toddler pool, a young kid activity pool and a bigger kids activity pool with big water slides. Wifi is great at this place and there are enough lounge chairs for everyone. So if you are traveling with young kids you'll spend the days there, where you'll have access to your own bar and snack bar, and there's also a playground. The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana is very luxurious, food and drinks are amazing and we had a wonderful time there! (Try mixing your mojito with pineapple juice... OMG! Too good ;)

Room Tip: We were in the Drum section of the hotel, and it was perfect for our young family: quiet and close to the main building.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank EasyPlanetTravel
General M, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a review with us, EasyPlanetTravel! We’re glad enjoyed the laid back vibe of our hotel- we always want our Rock Stars to feel as though they are staying with friends and it's great to hear you felt this way! We hope that we’ll see you again very soon!! Rock On!

“This Review was responded to on behalf of the General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana.”

Reviewed 30 May 2018

My wife and I went to the Hard rock for our first destination wedding. Grounds and beach were beautiful. Resort is huge, but they have the trolley down to a science. Food was ok but not what we were used too, seeing how we are all over the Caribbean at other all inclusives. Have to mention two of the staff members who stood out from the rest. Alexander at the beach bar. You guys got it right when you hired him. Fausto at the garden market was excellent, made us laugh. My wife had her bag with her cellphone and camera stolen at one of the pools. Security you have to do a better job listening and working with the victims, not blaming them. Poor customer service in this regard. If you cant feel safe at the resort why go !!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Susan H

Thanks so much for letting us know about your stay, Susan H! Thanks for the accolades to Alexander from our beach bar and Fausto at the Garden Market treated you like Royalty! We hope that we will see you again soon for more fun in the sun! Rock On!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I reviewed this resort when it 1st opened years ago. Although my initial review seemed more informational to navigate this massive resort to help guests settle in, I was not too pleased with the food and lack of service. WELL, I am HAPPY to say that both of those areas have been corrected 100% after my visit there last weekend. Although I did not get a chance to redine at Toro Steak House, all the other restaurants definitely stepped it up BIG time! Los Gallos and Isla are my favorite ala carte dining venues, but my new favorite for breakfast or lunch or LATE night snack is the new addition of Mid Eastern eatery currently called Cafetto (the name will be changed soon to reflect new cuisine). Chef Toni was outstanding and I have to say, the food was VERY authentic as I have travelled to the mid east many times.

What else is new you ask? Virtual Realty Experience ($10.99), Chocolate Making Classes ($24.99) and an ESCAPE ROOM ($49.99, but 15% discount if you go during the 1st two sessions on the day). Now, you can't use your resort credits at these places but how much fun is this especially on a rainy day or evening entertainment vs the casino!

Each night there is a show (hard to find to be honest, cut through the casino and find a door to your right, open and ta da), a lovely stadium seated theater! Circus show was a lot of fun and very family friendly. Oro night club holds concerts occassionally and Nelly was the act that weekend which we did attend. Maybe not my personal cup of tea but the fans went wild when they took the stage. SHAKIRA is coming in October, that would be more my speed!

So in closing, I love the way this resort continues to evolve to keep up with the times and offers something for everyone. BEACH still outstanding and TONS of pools to choose from.

Room Tip: Bldgs on outer ends too far from everything.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DonnaLSTRAVEL

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us, DonnaLSTRAVEL! It is always our goal to provide all of our Rock Stars Authentic Experiences that Rock! It’s great to hear Hard Rock filled this role for you and more! We can’t wait to have you back once more! Rock On!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

This resort is the top in everything- Rooms are spacious & clean, room services is excellent and takes care of every request you have within minutes, All is perfect- restaurants with everything for everyone, pools, the beach, the casino (with the lovely waitresses Carmen Almante & Hellen Familia).
We had the best and most perfect vacation ever! everyone were helpful and welcoming, definitely will recommend this resort and hopefully will come back again soon!
Thanks for an amazing holiday!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eilah_Lavy
General M, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you so much Eilah_Lavy! It makes so happy to know you had the best vacation ever and that we had something to do with it. We cannot wait to see you again!

“This review was responded to on behalf of the General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana."

Reviewed 30 May 2018

A group of 12 middle aged women went to the Dominican for 4 nights and 3 rounds of golf. Our agent found us the Hard Rock because it is an all inclusive with golf and meals. Last year we went to Montego Bay and found the hotel, golf courses and everything quite to our liking and this is what we were hoping for this time. It was very very different.

When we got off the shuttle bus in the Dominican we just stared at this giant complex. Check in for the group is a little crazy but we got in, found our rooms in the same wing but on different floors. No biggie. I specifically said I didn't want a ground floor room and I wanted a balcony but they had a ground floor room with a patio for me. The gentleman handling the reception was kind enough to put me up a few floors. Two of my companions accepted their room designation on the ground but the next day requested to move up floors as well. More on that further on.

To get to our rooms you could go round about on the outside or through the casino which like all casinos is dark and spank of stale smoke. I often go to Vegas and like casinos so this didn't bother me.

To understand the layout of the resort you enter at the highest level where there is a long Vegas like stream of high end and tuck shops shopping plus bars and food places plus the casino. The whole resort walks down to the water with many many steps. Mostly you want to use the continual shuttle to get around.

The rooms were nice and big. There is a huge whirl pool that is the focal point of the bedroom and past that a balcony. This is very much set up for couples with the towel swans and fake rose petals everywhere. Very pretty.

The resort has something like 5000 guests and seemed to be pretty full when we were there. Most of the guests are younger people, singles, a lot of young college guys. This is where the problem was as the place was crazy busy at night with lots of drunk young men wandering around the grounds and even in the halls. It was not uncommon to have a lost drunk banging on your door at 2 in the morning because he couldn't find his room. The 2 women who had main floor rooms the first night said the noise was horrible and kept them up most of the night. So book a room higher up with a balcony.

The restaurants were so far apart and you needed the shuttle to find them it's such a huge complex. We did eventually form a plan on where to meet, usually one of our rooms to gather, and found a number of nice waterfront places to eat. On the whole we were very pleased with the food especially for an all inclusive and the service was excellent.

The beach is big with lots of white soft sand. The problem is that it is packed solid so that the chairs are tight against each other row after row. It was just too crowded. There are definitely sand mites and one of the ladies got a severe reaction to them and had to go on steroids when she got home. Be careful and wash the sand off. This can occur anywhere in the caribbean but fair warning.

We never really tried the pools. Someone said that with our colour towels were only allowed in some of the pools but honestly we don't know if this is true or not.

The golf course is mediocre in my opinion. I had been to DR 3 weeks before with my husband and we played some superior course that did cost a lot more but had beautiful ocean front holes. The Hard Rock course is very long, flat and pretty much devoid of interesting holes. When you're teeing off on a par 5 and you can see the flag in the distance it tells you how flat and boring the course is. It is one of the cheaper courses in the Dominican but still over $200 US a round if you're not staying at the hotel. All in al golfing in DR is expensive and we paid $395 US a round elsewhere for specular holes and views. I guess you do get what you pay for.

So in summary if you like night life with lots of action at the casino and in the bars and tons of young singles the Hard Rock is a good choice. If you're there to relax on the beach or enjoy a round of golf on an interesting course maybe look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are quieter and most have balconies.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Runswithdolphins

Dear Runswithdolphins, allow us to take the time to thank you for taking the time to craft your feedback with us. We have shared your observation with our team for the proper follow up and review of necessary corrections. We would be honored if you can give us another chance so we can change any misperception you may have of us.