All reviews designed rooms king size bed pool side pros cons
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2019 via mobile

From the initial drop off outside from the cab I knew we were in for a disappointment. The way it is advertised online you would think it would look much better a place from the outside. I noticed the small restaurant next door in which was advertised as reservations only but why? Smdh No one greeted us outside but upon check in a cute face at the front desk already knew my name so that was a plus. As we entered the room I was totally turned off, it was small not at all how it appeared in the pictures and the pool was ice cold! Not fridges but ice cold so this was not an option at all! The loud music played all night in my head because the window was next to the stage and even after midnight it was already stuck in my head. The all inclusive was a joke. Food not even worth trying ...we took a shuttle to get food in Sousua luckily it was only 20 minutes away. The tv did not work even after having 4 people look at it had only sound with no picture. I asked if I could change my room at the front desk and she just laughed. I would absolutely not recommend this place to anyone at all. Sorry but not really. It’s a pass

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RomelloPapi
797milkad, Manager at Ahnvee Resort & Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2019

Dear customer thank you for your feedback and the valuable information you have provided the adm with. Actions are been taking in place in order to improve. We appreciate your efford and by taking the time to let us know.

Reviewed 21 April 2019

I do not think that Ahnvee Resort and Sports is recommended to anyone who wants to enjoy a true Dominican Paradise Experience that we are familiar with, in other all inclusive resorts. It is advertised as an All Inclusive Resort and Sports, but in reality it is more like a 3 star hotel, were we have to pay only cash for most drinks, and food if we wish to eat in the room (no debit card or charges to the room — I ran out of tip money because of that). The room fridge was empty and we were only entitled to 1 bottles (16.9oz) of water per day per guest.
When I arrived the room looked clean, but my bed sheets were dirty and ripped. And there were some shower and electricity issues in the bathroom. But most of all I didn’t like not having doors, for some privacy, between the bathroom and the room.

I didn’t sample the food during the day, but the breakfast (buffet and menu) was not that good, and natural juices were not available at all. The dinner service in the only specialty restaurant was good, but I was surprised to know that wine to accompany it had to be paid for; as well as most drinks at the bar, and not cheap at all. I have never paid so many extras in a resort.

Not having a single cultural attraction or Dominican entertainment was not rewarding at all. And listening to only American house music, while at the bar (no Disco) was also weird.

The service staff is friendly as always, they do a good job, but the hotel needs many improvements in all areas, starting from the management.

But at list I found interesting the fact that each guest can have a visitor to spend the day, and even when paying for the consumption, it can still be better than buying a daily or night pass for visitors, as it happens in other resorts.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
797milkad, Director of Sales at Ahnvee Resort & Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2019

Dear guest thank you for your feedback this help us to grow.

Reviewed 27 February 2019

This property is nicer looking than other properties in the area, however, it's still pretty mediocre. I had to ask for a room change with in my first 30 minutes there. My room had no wifi! I remotely work on vacation for an hour or two through out the day. This hotels whole wifi set up made that pretty impossible. My first room also had a shower leak. I got my room changed and unfortunately, no wifi access in that room either. Along with a subpar air conditioning unit. At this point, I'm just like the hell with it. Luckily I was with a group of 10 and we were all spread out in different hotels. I literally found myself having to go to other establishments daily to get internet service. Which really sucks when you booked the apparent nicest and most expensive property for it's amenities.

With that being said... This is also not a 24/7 all inclusive joint as advertised. I found that out at about 2 o'clock in the morning trying to get something to drink and a quick snack. Whole property was a ghost town with the lobby person sleeping behind the counter. I asked the next day, isn't this place all inclusive 24/7. I was told "not exactly, only on Friday & Saturday". Wow!!

In all, the place is just okay in my humble opinion. Value for the money you spend, I just don't see it. Nothing but smiles from the staff though. They were all pretty attentive, except for sleeping beauty behind the desk lol.

Room tip: Wifi issues in 3 rooms
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2019 via mobile

This 3rd and best stay at Ahnvee resort & sport, and I must say after the first 2 times, I have become more and more impressed with the steady improvements of the facilities, staffing and event planning, in only its 2nd year I see room for definite growth and feel impressed enough to become a member of Ahnvee going foward.... i can not wait to return!!!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
797milkad, Director of Sales at Ahnvee Resort & Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2019

We are glad to hear you have had a great time with us. We are more than happy hear you want to be part of our Ahnvee Family.

Reviewed 17 December 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I just spent a week-end there. Part of the hotel is undergoing renovation work, which means that one of the swimming pool advirtised was not available. This being said, the swimming pool currently available is nice and the hotel offers shuttle services to Sosua two main beaches. The hotel is quiet and the rooms are comfortable. The strong point of this hotel is the food. You won't find buffet here but a surprising menu designed by chef Victor Bongo (try the African peanut soup). The only complaint would be with the lack of attention to details such as burn out light bulbs in the room, which make you wonder how it got its four stars. It feltore likeva three stars hotel. This being said, the staff and the quality of the menu in the restaurants Crave and Roam make it a positive experience in the end.

Date of stay: December 2018