“Everything Was Perfect!”
Review of Balay Dako

Balay Dako
Ranked #10 of 184 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Reviewed 29 June 2018

If you can only visit one restaurant while in the Philippines, make sure this is your choice. The food is absolutely exquisite. The location is nothing short of breathtaking; the restaurant is perched atop a hill with a mesmerising view of the luscious nature around and the volcano in the lake at a distance make it all seem like a dream.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We had dinner here. Great food selection. Serving size is good and food is very flavorful. Really enjoyed their homemade ice cream! :)

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We had a dinner at Balay Dako as it was located near our hotel and we heard it was good. The venue was spectacular, it was something like London's Ivy on a hillside in the Philippines. Beautiful decor and style.

The food was also good. The menu took a little decoding, and some of the dishes were only suggest for bigger groups, but we ended up getting a selection of local specialities and Filipino favourites coupled with a glass of red wine. The combination of a great atmosphere, beautiful surroundings and good quality food made it one of our favourite meals of the holiday.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

This place is a cut-above the rest of all the restaurants in Tagaytay.

The place is an old Spanish colonial home that is an attraction by itself for history and architecture buffs.

The food is great and I was amazed to find an old meal from my childhood (pork with kadyos and langka) which I immediately ordered and it was finished as soon as it was placed on the table.

The staff were good and I love their service.

The only improvement I can think of is the lack of a stable internet service... only because I could not immediately post this review.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Loved this place. Do not go on the weekend unless you are prepared to queue. Weekdays are fine though. We loved Bag of Beans too. Not sure which is better as we only visited here once, but I think this place maybe just edges it. The coffee is the best I've had not just in Tagaytay, but in the whole of the Philippines.
Th BBQ food was delicious. My favourite was the Satay Chicken.
Although reasonable prices, for Philippine standards it it quite expensive and certainly more than Bag of Beans, who also do delicious food.
We would recommend this place and if you visit Tagaytay, you must visit Balay Dako. Also - the view is fabulous and the decor is very homely.