• Pool
Linkside2 Guest house(Mossel Bay)
TripAdvisor
Gondwana Game Reserve(Mossel Bay)
Avenues Guesthouse(Mossel Bay)
TripAdvisor
Two Sunsets B&B(Great Brak River)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolnice guesthousegarden routeguest housecomfortable roombayamenitiesocean
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

A nice place with a great view, breakfasts was good, our room was really big with a stunning view, only problem we had was with other people ho was banging on doors and screaming, there was no staff in nighttime, but the place is recommendable, can go back

Stayed: January 2017
ecmanor, Manager at The Edward Charles Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize for the inconvenience. We do have staff at night that stays in. I will follow up on the matter.

Kind regards,
Anne Oosthuizen

Reviewed 7 March 2016

I arrived at the hotel around 17h00 last Thursday and was met by a very friendly and helpful lady - I think her name is Marianne. My room was big with an amazing sea view. Big bathroom and big shower with a good breakfast thrown in. R650 all included. Excellent value.
As I was only there for one night and I left after breakfast, I can't rate the facilities.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank BryanGCapeTown
Reviewed 15 January 2016

I have read some of the reviews.... WOW if you have champaign taste and beer money Edward Charles Manor is not for you. One only need a place to lay your head in the evening as you are out all day. The staff is awesome, Charlene you welcomed us a day early, accommodated us with a smile on your face. yes pets are full up, as it is PET FRIENDLY ... My bedding, was clean got clean towels every day, as for the ants, I bought a tin of doom, problem solved. my laundry was done every 2nd day. WOW could not have asked for better. breakfast, fresh fruit salad every day, hot and cold breakfast... the pool clean, we spent a lot of afternoons in the pool.I would recommend Edward Charles Manor. in fact I have put it on PET FRIENDLY Destination Site.Once again thank you Charlene and staff for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: December 2015
2  Thank Anita D
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

Dirty linen and towels, ants in the bathroom, not good aircon. There were a lot of dogs everywhere and a bad smell in some of the rooms. Staff were not particularly service-minded. The pool was dirty and there was not much of a terrace outside. Breakfast did not feel fresh. Only stayed one night and will not return.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank mahoswe
Reviewed 8 January 2016

On a hill just a couple a minutes behind the town and marina. It has great views out to the bay plus super friendly staff. Building itself starting to look a little worn with scuff marks etc and there can be TV and snoring noise between rooms so bring ear pugs if noise sensitive.

Room Tip: Budget rooms at back still have views to ocean
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family