Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:00 AM
Review Highlights
Amazing bike trail

amazing bike ride, beautiful places in nature and without cars. Perfect organization and new... read more

Reviewed 13 February 2021
franco emilio r
Genoa, Italy
via mobile
had a LOVELY afternoon with Lava Bikes Guide-highly recommended!

Unfortunately I was not able to fit a bike tour into my recent trip to Rwanda but I DID get to... read more

Reviewed 22 January 2021
Leah G
Jerusalem, Israel

All reviews congo nile trail twin lakes recent trip lake kivu paved road day tour own pace a lot of fun amazing experience great ride cycling helmets musanze activity landscape francis route
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2020

I rented a bike from Lava bike to ride the Congo Nile Trail in Rwanda. Yannick and Anitha are very professional and always replied me on time and accurately. They delivered a good mountain bike to my location of departure with all necessary accessories and spares; then picked it up 3 days later at my final destination. All went very smoothly for a good price, and I can’t recommend them enough !

Date of experience: November 2020
Lava Bike Tours R, Manager at Lava Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2020

Thanks Rafael for sharing a great experience with our services, your most welcome
Was great pleasure to serve you.

Yannick

Reviewed 6 July 2020

The lava bike tours (Yannick and Francis) made our day. It was a fun and tough ride.
I could do this again and again. Our ride was from Musanze town to the twin lakes and back.
When you visit Musanze and you feel in shape for a bike ride, check these guys out.
They are professional and also have great bikes.
They take care of you whether you are a good bike rider or not.
I have to say I learned some good biking techniques from them.

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed 15 June 2020

My 11 year old daughter and I had a wonderful bike ride through villages with great views of the volcanoes. Yannick ensured she had a good fitting helmet and safety on the road was a top priority keeping us safe from any traffic.

The bikes were really good quality and you can tell he maintains them well.

The pace was just perfect for my daughter and the perfectly timed pit stops to have a drink of water were the times with the greatest views of the volcanoes, so a great time for photos.

I would highly recommend Lava Bike Tours for an individual, couple, or family to spend a really nice afternoon checking out the beautiful views of the volcanoes and surrounding villages.

If you are a serious rider, Yannick can accommodate your speed as well. He is a previous member of the Rwanda National Cycling Team!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Date of experience: June 2020
1  Thank Robin M
Reviewed 2 June 2020 via mobile

We went on a sunny sunday to do the twin lakes tour. It was really awesome, the two guide were so kind and so the landscape.
Looking forward to have another tour like that.
Lava tour vote 10

Date of experience: May 2020
1  Thank chiaras662
Reviewed 22 March 2020

Highly recommend! Yannick dropped off the MTB to the Guesthouse I was staying at in Kibogora and picked it up from the lodge in Gisenyi. He was on time and I was happy with the price/quality of the bike. The Congo Nile Trail is absolutely beautiful but tough (hardly any flat sections).
Day 1: Start at Kibogora Hospital Guesthouse - Lunch at l'Esperance Guesthouse in Mugonero - Arrived at Home St. Jean in Kibuye (70km 99% on paved road)
Day 2: Kibuye - Lunch in Musasa Village (Jimmy Samson was closed so small lunch in a boutique) - Arrived at Kinunu Guesthouse (58km with paved road until 6,5km after Gisaze Village, then all off-road and single tracks)
Day 3: Kinunu - Lunch/Arrival at Inzu Lodge in Gisenyi, although Centre d'Accueil François-Xavier is cheaper (42km 95% off-road).
NOTE: with a guide it should be possible to go more off-road/single tracks

Date of experience: March 2020