All reviews lovely site cafe bar drying room silent night pizza night small shop house inn toilet and shower two nights reception shop excellent facilities swimming lake family owners be mindful be visiting again surrounding area is beautiful on arrival
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

A really lovely site, family owned, excellent shower facilities block with a shop, cafe bar, free fridges and phone chargers for campers and washing machines you can afford to use.
Very picturesque site in a beautiful setting with lovely dog walks and great views. They have kayaks available free for use on the lake and the staff could not be more welcoming. I’d imagine it gets very busy during the Royal Welsh Show but really can’t recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights on our way back home ,it was a brilliant site with fantastic views all round, there are amazing walks and plenty to do,on site the have kayaks which are free to use, they have a coffee shop /bar on site and have themed meal nights ,the shower and toilet block were very clean and the showers were hot, you can hire a log burner for a minimal charge and can purchase kindling and logs on site,it is certainly worth a stay the staff are very friendly and helpful we will definitely be staying again and longer than two nights

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 3 night this weekend with my family.
Site beautiful and facilities fantastic. Hot clean showers and toilets spotless. Lovely little reception shop that stocks basic items and fire pits etc
Also have a little bar/ shop selling cakes and coffees amongst other things.
Beautiful waterfall a short walk on site and plenty of pretty walks to go on. 1 mile walk through the spooky wood to the local pub was an adventure. Dogs catered for too. Tesco supermarket 15 minute drive away so all needs catered for. Will definitely be visiting again. Thank you for a lovely stay Fforest Fields!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for the first time on a Friday and Saturday,trying out our new tents. I had found the site on the internet and having seen all the good reviews, booked straight away. What a find !! The reviews don't do it justice, we were welcomed by a lovely gentleman who walked me around and pointed us in the right direction for our choice of pitches. We managed to get the tents up just before our pre ordered pizzas were cooked (don't miss them). The "courtyard" area where the cafe, shop, showers etc are is a wonderful spot to socialise, reminded us of a more continental campsite. The afore mentioned shop is well stocked with all the essentials chilled and frozen and has an HONESTY BOX how refreshing these days. The cafe serves snacks, lovely fresh coffee and even lovelier cider. The site itself is simply stunning, during a walk around the lake this morning I realised what the site and its surroundings reminded me of......Middle Earth from Lord of the Rings, it really is, especially with the glamping yurts around the smaller of the two lakes. Gandalf and Bilbo Baggins would feel right at home To conclude, this site has jumped straight to the top of our league and I can't see it being knocked off for a long long time, we will definitely be back soon (only hour and a half away) but I don't want to recommend it in case it gets full and stops us staying lol. Well done and a big thank you to all the staff there, you are all doing a fantastic job.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

A really lovely site with excellent facilities and a warm welcome. Showers and toilets are spotless. Nice extra touches such as being able to hire a fire pit for a true campfire experience. Great WiFi too!