“Wednesday Lunch”

Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Lacock
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I, despite living nearby, had not explored Leacock. We had not planned dining out, but after a very enjoyable and hot exploration of the village, discovered The Red Lion by chance.
On entering the pub, at about 2pm, it was fairly busy, but we were able to find a table quickly. I then had to queue at the bar to order our meals whilst my husband was able to sit and rest after a strenuous morning.
We did not have to wait long for our meals. I chose a ‘small plate’ Caesar salad whilst my husband selected ham, egg and chips. Both portions were plentiful and very nicely presented.
A very nice, unexpected treat.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Pleasant staff, good wide ranging menu. Service was prompt. Food was good but not brilliant. I was expecting better for the prices. Although I think because this is a National Trust village prices are inflated for tourists!
Would I visit again? Probably not. There are higher quality and better value pubs locally.
This pub is set up to represent a local British Pub but unfortunately is more of a tourist attraction.
Sorry the food quality and prices don’t match up.

2  Thank Sparky196650
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We visited last Saturday evening for a double birthday celebration and was very disappointed with the food. We were told on arrival at 7.15pm that they had sold out of burgers, halloumi chips and only had one steak left, which for early on a Saturday evening was a bit surprising. Since our last visit where the food was really nice the menu has very few options especially for vegetarians. We had the last steak, sausage and mash, fish and chips and the lentil, red pepper and spinach lasagne. Unfortunately the chips were cold, soggy and very oily, the fish was also very greasy. The vegetarian lasagne was over cooked, very dried out and not good value for the price. Overall the food was ok but not what you expect for the money and for a special meal. However, we did mention this to the staff and she agreed not to charge us for the lasagne.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We were on a visit to Lacock and decided to lunch here! We were pleased at the quick and friendly service. We both plumped for fish and chips which were well-cooked and tasty. The pub itself is quaint with both inside and outside seating. It was a lovely day so we decided to eat outside. The toilets are clean.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Cool soggy oily chips with the fish being tepid...in the garden seating area the extractor fan area from the kitchen could do with a clean up and or a screen to dampen the sound..