“Excellent food”

The Red Lion Inn
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Alnmouth
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here with my partner.we have been here a few times service is always excellent good varied menu with lots of delicious food we have never been disappointed definately recommend and will keep on returning when we are in the area without a doubt

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this place a couple of times during our family holiday, to sit in the sun in the lovely garden and for a meal in the dining room. All 6 of us enjoyed our meals , perfectly cooked duck, pork belly and a fine liver and bacon, followed by delicious deserts. The pub was extremely busy, but once seated, it was a lovely evening with great friendly service. Booking recommended!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Last week my wife and I (& my dog) had a fantastic holiday In the local area with lots of walking,beaches and of course fantastic pubs!

The great thing about Northumberland is you cant shake a stick without hitting a great pub but also a dog friendly great pub. Alnmouth is a real Mecca for this, a beautiful little village with a great beach and many great pubs. We went to a few but have to say the Red Lion was our favourite. It has a lovely bar area where your dog is welcome with a good traditional pub feel, the staff are extremely friendly and the food was out of this world. We eat there several times but I will never forget the Lamb burger, the best burger I have ever had!
When the weather is nice the beer garden is massive and beautiful. This will be a place I shall return to next time Im in the area, great pub!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cosy, dog friendly village pub. We had an enjoyable meal each of liver, bacon, mash and gravy and Cumberland sausage, black pudding, mash and onion gravy. Only down side being the mash was under the meat so merged in with the gravy. The bar was full so definitely a popular place. There is also a restaurant area for non dog visitors. Tuesday night was also quiz night which also seems popular.

1  Thank Schnauzer2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just been this evening and had a wonderful meal with my wife.The service we received was first class and the food was excellent and very well prepared.
Well worth the visit and great food at sensible prices. Thanks.

1  Thank Andrew B