“Early tea”

Ranked #35 of 82 Restaurants in Padstow
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: From our 28 day dry-aged aged Chateaubriand to our Devon Ruby Red steaks, choosing something from the grill is a must when you visit St Petroc's Bistro in Padstow. Enjoy drinks in our cosy snug bar, our relaxed lounge or dine in our pretty garden courtyard. Dogs are welcome outside and in the bar.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went to this restaurant at the heart of beautiful Padstow. The service was really friendly and the food came out quick. I had mackerel starter, steak for main and cheese board for dessert. All food tasted amazing. Rick Stein is my favourite celebrity chef so I have always wanted to visit one of his restaurants and I was not disappointed. Only reason I haven’t gone 5 star was my boyfriend couldn’t find a starter he wanted and it’s pricey, which is expected but the decor and interior didn’t feel lux to me.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank richardmQ139XY
Write a reviewReviews (1,764)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Outside dining only, we sat on the terrace at the front with a parasol with heat lamps. For me, the food was pretty average, I had pear and rocket salad with Gorgonzola & serrano ham & basil, followed by bavette steak, which is what it is.
My old man has seafood soup (delicious) and lemon sole gougons (nice but a bit of a small portion)
It was ok, the service was good but the meal we had the previous night at 60% of the price was much nicer.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food was delicious I started with the mussels which were very tasty followed by the lobster. All I can say after 4 months of lock down this meal was worth the wait. Yummy

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 9 May 2021

We had lunch here today. Great covid protocols in place. Staff were delightful and good to see the informal engagement between them and the owner that speaks volumes for their confidence and his personality. Lovely meal.

Reviewed 9 May 2021 via mobile

First night in rainswept Padstow - perfect for some outdoor dining at St Petrocs. Everything done by lovely staff with great spirit and fun attitude, despite the rain tipping down. Tables were well sheltered and heated. We started with elderflower Prosecco Royales. Starters were Salt & Pepper Prawns and Devilled Kidneys/Mushrooms- very filling! Mains were Rib-eye Steak and Lemon Sole Goujons - all excellent, plus a nice Sticky Toffee Pudding. All washed down with a good French Rose and Brandy Coffees. Great evening.

1  Thank sookeico1