Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$176
View deal
Expedia
eDreams
Vio.com
All reviews golf course lovely hotel service charge spa facilities public areas room upgrade bass rock sea view shower pressure putting green nespresso machine staff were attentive golf links stunning location fantastic views birthday treat great room
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2022

We’ve stayed here before, under previous ownership, and returning we were really struck by improvements. Staff were attentive and in the right places at the right times. We had a beautiful and freshly decorated room, sleeping 4, which was large and had a large bathroom. Value for money was excellent and our visit to the pool/spa area excellent too. Really could not fault it!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gillian Mylles, General Manager at Marine North Berwick, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2022

Dear PsSt5th, Thank you for your excellent review of Marine North Berwick. We are delighted to hear you
enjoyed your return visit and glad you saw improvements in the property.
We can't wait to welcome you back. Kind Regards Gillian

Reviewed 22 November 2022

Has a fantastic stay great room great facilities,only complaint was waiting a hour to check in at 3pm had to wait till 4pm.The suite did not have a bath.
Overall a 5* stay and excellent hotel, recommend.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gillian Mylles, General Manager at Marine North Berwick, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2022

Dear jasondwilliamson, Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Marine North Berwick. I apologise that you had to wait for your room to be ready upon your arrival, however, am delighted that you would still recommend us as an excellent hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Many thanks
Gillian

Reviewed 20 November 2022 via mobile

Best hotel experience in memory! Very informed and impressively attentive staff. Everything started with a lovely heartfelt welcome and we had a great room, great food, great service and great facilities. This hotel is set in a perfect coastal location and has amazing views of the sea.

Room tip: book it!
Trip type: Travelled with family

Deard000ugs,
Thank you for such a wonderful review of Marine North Berwick. I am delighted that the team impressed you with their knowledge and were attentive throughout your stay. We are extremely lucky with our picturesque location and we do hope you will return to enjoy more of the views from our lobby and Bass Rock bar.
Many thanks, Gillian

Reviewed 18 November 2022 via mobile

I’ll start with the great looking rooms and superb location. And super spa treatments available and well executed massages. The staff are 50/50 great and poor.

If you’re planning on eating at the Marine Hotel I’d think again, starters took over 40 minutes to arrive (starters were cold so no cooking time required), we were 1 of 5 tables in at the time; the portion sizes where tiny and the food was bland. Main course was much the same, I ordered Plaice fish which was tasteless and came just on its own with no other sides, I was still extremely hungry afterwards, my partner had truffle and cauliflower Mac and Cheese which wasn’t as described and was also tasteless.
In the space of 1.5 hours we were only asked for another drink twice, after telling the waitress our disappointment in our experience and if she could pass it on to the manager. The waitress did and she told us the manager was allowing us to have a pudding on them. This isn’t quite what we wanted, we would have liked to discuss the issues with the manager so they can improve, rather than just giving us free food. (Which was also just as bad)
The price you pay for the food is absolutely criminal for what you receive.

The room was great and well equipped, however the bathroom was dated and poor. I would have been better getting washed in the sink rather than the pressure-less shower.
The room was also extremely warm, but if we opened a window it turned extremely cold without the ability to get it warm again and keep it that way.

The spa was ok. A lot of things not open or working but still good. The treatments my partner and I received were very good, can’t knock that.

So as a whole if you’re thinking about a spa break over night I’d look elsewhere. Being so close to Edinburgh there will be a number of better options I would imagine.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear jeckleclay,
Thank you for your constructive feedback following your recent visit. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your meal in the Lawn and appreciate your comments regarding the food and service, I will certainly follow up with the Food and Beverage team regarding this.
I am happy to hear you were able to relax within our spa and enjoyed your treatments. Many thanks for sharing your experience.
Kind Regards Gillian

Reviewed 16 November 2022

I always bring my dog here for a short holiday or spa getaway! Very friendly and accommodating! Love our walkies every single day in the beach and golf course. Food is great, our sleep is always good. Love the amenities and North Berwick is just a great place! Highly recommended!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear KingRiddell, Thank you for your positive feedback following your most recent stay with us at Marine North Berwick. It's always lovely to welcome back guests and their fluffy friends.
We look forward to seeing you back on your next adventure.
Many thanks Gillian